Hoosiers Big Ten Awards

2 hours ago, 94hoosier said:

All big ten mention is a slap in Malik’s face

should have been 2nd or 3rd team

plays no defense, doesn't rebound, doesn't block out, doesn't pass particularly well.  Is a beast on the block going through double and triple teams.  Also complains about every single foul against and not called for him.  Surprised he got honorable mention.  Takes more than just scoring.

And i Like Malik.  Just needs to expand his game beyond the post to the basket.

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

My biggest gripe is Ware only 3rd team by coaches.  I have not seen full teams, but that's a minimum of 10 players picked ahead if him.  Not buying that at all.

The only rationale I can think of is it's possible the coaches who voted him 3rd team are the ones whose teams Ware had foul trouble against, thus limiting his effectiveness and production. 2nd team voters probably got their butts kicked by him. When he's on, short of Edey, he's one of the most dominant big men in the conference.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

The only rationale I can think of is it's possible the coaches who voted him 3rd team are the ones whose teams Ware had foul trouble against, thus limiting his effectiveness and production. 2nd team voters probably got their butts kicked by him. When he's on, short of Edey, he's one of the most dominant big men in the conference.

Ware deserved a little better definitely. Joining this league made his career very promising… gona get paid

5 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

back to back freshmen of the year show good recruiting.  both were 5 stars.  not shocking.  tough to get better awards when you squeak into 6th place and had been much lower than that all season.  

Screenshot_20201121-131845.thumb.png.811ca81e54ff43a55e8c34e437b517db.png

• Thanks 1