2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I have no idea why I thought his name started with E. 

But yes, Cliff Omoruyi. 

Only Cliff E I could think of was former Clemson and Auburn coach Cliff Ellis... I think he's in his 80s 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, btownqb said:

Guys... getting Carlyle and Tucker would be fantastic. They seem like they'll be on college campuses for two more years. 

I mean, and for good reason, we are frustrated as heck with Woodson not bringing in enough guards/wings/and youth... those two would suffice all that.

Also... it's possible SO Carlyle > FR Boogie Fland 

I like your approach. People may not be happy but there’s no tanking in college.  We need to get ourselves in the best position possible with the roster.  Always root for success no matter how pissed off people are.  It’s not about the ego of being right.  It’s for the success of the program and school.  I don’t mean to come across as a lecture to others (not you since I am with you) but giving my personal opinion.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Only Cliff E I could think of was former Clemson and Auburn coach Cliff Ellis... I think he's in his 80s 🙂

Now that’s a graduate school level reference at the deepest level, my friend.  Like a Ph.D.  We used to call @rico the ricopedia but that’s right there lol. 

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Andrew said:

I’d rather have Bradshaw anyways tbh

💯    I think the ideal fit is a high upside younger player.  Someone who is developing and can protect the paint off the bench and be a starter in a future year.   The kid from Duke also comes to mind.   A guy who is ok with coming off the bench but growing in future years so we can build continuity.  

I think Woody can see himself in a handoff role where he can sell his tenure as a success if he puts us in a good position for the future.   Save face and help the program.  

On 4/3/2024 at 12:29 PM, OGIUAndy said:

I added my key word. Many times the opposing teams PG is the leader of the team (and an upperclassman) so it's imperative whomever we bring in is a good/great defender. Getting torched on defense was the biggest issue with our guard play, then the lack of shooting. 

Agree.  A point guard who can keep the ball in front of him on D can really set the whole defense.  Yes, shooting is an issue but, man, our defense was worse.  Didn’t we give up close to 90 to Wisconsin?  That needs corrected.  

The other issue is basketball IQ.  For a tradition like ours, we need to really upgrade that as well.   IMO

Edited by BobSaccamanno

4 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Agree.  A point guard who can keep the ball in front of him on D can really set the whole defense.  Yes, shooting is an issue but, man, our defense was worse.  Didn’t we give up close to 90 to Wisconsin?  That needs corrected.  

The other issue is basketball IQ.  For a tradition like ours, we need to really upgrade that as well.   IMO

image.thumb.png.f6d01f32dc71511efa5a25ed0cacdead.png

I've seen enough of this bs to last the rest of my IU fandom. Please for the love of god get someone to lock down dudes lighting us up, running around the court showboating. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

image.thumb.png.f6d01f32dc71511efa5a25ed0cacdead.png

I've seen enough of this bullshit to last the rest of my IU fandom. Please for the love of god get someone to lock down dudes/dorks like this.

Why the harsh comments on this dude(I am not even gonna attempt to spell his name) I wish IU had players that play with half the passion he plays with.  IU plays like Armond Hill on the sidelines, very little interest. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, BDB said:

Why the harsh comments on this dude(I am not even gonna attempt to spell his name) I wish IU had players that play with half the passion he plays with.  IU plays like Armond Hill on the sidelines, very little interest. 

Agree, BDB…..

I know this a free board and opinions are well, opinions,…..but man you can really tell the character of some of these guys on here by their carefree, bold comments about players.

I will be honest, I couldn’t stand watching Tominaga’s cocky play as he sliced up every IU defender. Though I don’t care for that kind of showboating after he scores, however, the most impressive thing about him was he could back it up.

If he wore an IU jersey I would welcome him with open arms. He plays with heart, passion and toughness, something we need a lot of. 

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, BDB said:

20 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Agree, BDB…..

I know this a free board and opinions are well, opinions,…..but man you can really tell the character of some of these guys on here by their carefree, bold comments about players.

I will be honest, I couldn’t stand watching Tominaga’s cocky play as he sliced up every IU defender. Though I don’t care for that kind of showboating after he scores, however, the most impressive thing about him was he could back it up.

If he was wore an IU jersey I would welcome him with open arms. He plays with heart, passion and toughness, something we need a lot of. 

What are you talking about? So I can't trash talk an opposing player but it's ok to bash our own team, players, and coaches ad nauseam 24/7? Like give me a break. It was a joke. That dude was annoying. 

Edited by OGIUAndy

18 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

What are you talking about? So I can't trash talk an opposing player but it's ok to bash our own team, players, and coaches ad nauseam 24/7? Like give me a break. It was a joke. That dude was annoying. 

Please for the love of god get someone to lock down dudes/dorks like this. 

I agree with everything you said, with the exception of the bolded. Look, like I said, It couldn’t stand watching that guy and how showboated and carried on. Quite honestly, I read it as something much more personal and judgmental because of his outward appearance. JMO

You may have not intended it that way, I don’t know, but my response was because of that. 

Yes, I totally agree, we need to desperately find those type of skilled assassins like that. I absolutely love the unique, international aspect he brings to American NCAA BB. I can just do without his boastful antics.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Just gonna guess it was the use of the word dork and how some people may take that.  I have not seen the word dork used to describe a college basketball player.....ever?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Please for the love of god get someone to lock down dudes/dorks like this. 

I agree with everything you said, with the exception of the bolded. Look, like I said, It couldn’t stand watching that guy and how showboated and carried on. Quite honestly, I read it as something much more personal and judgmental because of his outward appearance. JMO

You may have not intended it that way, I don’t know, but my response was because of that. 

Yes, I totally agree, we need to desperately find those type of skilled assassins like that. I absolutely love the unique, international aspect he brings to American NCAA BB. I can just do without his boastful antics.

Tominanga is a dork. Lol. He wasn't lying.

1 hour ago, mookied39 said:

Just gonna guess it was the use of the word dork and how some people may take that.  I have not seen the word dork used to describe a college basketball player.....ever?

Fair enough and figured as much but this is a word/term I use for anyone who tries too hard and/or acts and thinks they are little bit cooler than they are. He was annoyingly running around the court showboating like he was Steph Curry. You gotta win something to start doing that kind of stuff. But I am not obtuse, I get the optics. I will update my post. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 3