2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

1 hour ago, Hoosierinbham said:

There's the knockdown shooter we need. He looks more athletic, and drives to the basket better than I was expecting.  It would be nice to have someone that can make opponents pay for going under screens. That would also open up the lane for Malik. Hope we get him to come home. 

From the film he looks really good, and doesn’t need to be wide open to knock down his shot. In the past, most of our supposed 3 pt shooters have been reluctant to shoot even when wide open. We need a fearless shooter that will make you pay when he has the opportunity! Hickman seems to fit that mold.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

From the film he looks really good, and doesn’t need to be wide open to knock down his shot. In the past, most of our supposed 3 pt shooters have been reluctant to shoot even when wide open. We need a fearless shooter that will make you pay when he has the opportunity! Hickman seems to fit that mold.

Hickman is that guy we always complain about burning us all game long. As you said we need that fearless guard who doesn't care if someone is in his face. I don't know if he can produce at the same level in Big Ten but being at 80% to 90% of that level would be tremendous for Indiana. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Hickman is that guy we always complain about burning us all game long. As you said we need that fearless guard who doesn't care if someone is in his face. I don't know if he can produce at the same level in Big Ten but being at 80% to 90% of that level would be tremendous for Indiana. 

I also think the dude from Evansville if he comes here would be great for the second unit when Malik is tired or is in foul trouble. One of our biggests problem since woody has been here is getting scoring from the second unit. If you have Hickman and the dude from Evansville there not as much of an issue

• Like 4

3 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I also think the dude from Evansville if he comes here would be great for the second unit when Malik is tired or is in foul trouble. One of our biggests problem since woody has been here is getting scoring from the second unit. If you have Hickman and the dude from Evansville there not as much of an issue

Agreed. Humrichous is a stud. 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 6:54 PM, Artesian_86 said:

Lol

Actually it didn’t, but that was my best attempt of that 70’s game show “Concentration” using memes. 
I’m done. 🤪

Do we have a game show thread?  I had a home version of "Concentration" growing up.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I wouldn’t be to stressed about him, I think he will just follow Cal to Arkansas 

Sure, seems likely. And I'm not certain a freshman Boogie Fland is better option than some of the portal guards we're after. But it would be quite a turn if our '24 class ends up with two five stars, after so recently having no one at all.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Sure, seems likely. And I'm not certain a freshman Boogie Fland is better option than some of the portal guards we're after. But it would be quite a turn if our '24 class ends up with two five stars, after so recently having no one at all.

He's too good to pass on, but great point at the end about the '24 class. 

I prefer Carlyle and Rice going into next year, and then a wing like Hickman. 

I don't think using the time and resources to re recruit BF is our best route going forward. 

I'd take Somto Cyril in heart beat, though.  

Bring him off the bench. Play small with the first unit.. his skilled set would be perfect for that role. 

I don't think he's a Power 5 starter as a FR, regardless of where he goes. 🤷‍♂️