"We need to play 4 in 1 out"
"XJ should start" "XJ should not start" XJ needs to be kicked off the team" lol
"Malik and Sparks should not be on the floor at the same time" 
"Malik and Ware should not spend a majority of the time on the floor together"
"Race isn't a starter"
"Kopps isn't a starter"

....I could go on. 

Sarcastic about what? 

lots of myths here... but I still don't see the correlation to that and the thinking Carlyle will start over TG. He, by in large, plays the correct people. He just doesn't always do himself justice in the off-season, by leaving glaring holes open, and not giving himself enough options. 

Either way-- I don't see parallels between some of these "examples" in regards to who would start between TG/Carlyle. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KDB said:

I don't think you get Conwell if Carlyle is already in the fold. I would be shocked.

And this is where I have no idea. Weeks ago I was told Conwell. But everyone else seems to think Carlyle. I wouldnt't care either way. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

And this is where I have no idea. Weeks ago I was told Conwell. But everyone else seems to think Carlyle. I wouldnt't care either way. 

It seems like IU was prepared to go full court press on Conwell whenever he entered, but things could be changing with it sounding like Carlyle is on board. You don’t say no or slowplay a talent like Carlyle.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic. 

Uhhhh, from what the fans expect:

"we need to shoot more 3's"
"MM needs to play the 4"
"Malik needs to play the 5"
"We need to play 4 in 1 out"
"XJ should start" "XJ should not start" XJ needs to be kicked off the team" lol
"Malik and Sparks should not be on the floor at the same time" 
"Malik and Ware should not spend a majority of the time on the floor together"
"Race isn't a starter"
"Kopps isn't a starter"

....I could go on. 

Kinda glad coaches don't always listen to fan suggestions on what to do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jay edwards brother said:

Start Rice, Carlyle, Conwell, Mgbacko, and Ballo. Bring Malik, Tucker, Gallo, Hickman, and Malone off the bench.

That is some offensive firepower.

Would be Wood’s dream roster if you could sub out the “starters” all at once and get away with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe if we get enough really good players we can actually do well with two units. Every 4 minutes you make the mass subs and wear down teams

First Unit 

Rice 

Conwell 

Hickman

MM 

Ballo

Second unit

Galloway 

Carlyle 

Tucker 

Reneau 

Payne

I know we won't get all of them but that would be two really good units

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Sarcastic about what? 

lots of myths here... but I still don't see the correlation to that and the thinking Carlyle will start over TG. He, by in large, plays the correct people. He just doesn't always do himself justice in the off-season, by leaving glaring holes open, and not giving himself enough options. 

Either way-- I don't see parallels between some of these "examples" in regards to who would start between TG/Carlyle. 

Sarcastic about the fans thinking one thing and Woody doing something different.

But that is my point exactly. Myths are perpetrated by fans....like penciling in Carlyle over Gallo. Some things seem to make sense in the moment. 

From a defensive perspective, do you honestly see Woody having Mgbako (the weakest defender in our starting line up last year) and 2 players new to his system on the court at the same time? When a 5th year senior is on the bench? 

Many people (I wasn't one of them) thought Kopp should've had less minutes because of his lack of offensive production, but Woody gave him a lot of minutes because he was a veteran and a great systematic defender. 

And who knows if Carlyle is even coming here. No knock on him, but he has a pretty similar skill set as Rice. IF he does come here, I'd have to imagine it'd be under the assumption that he may not start this year, but will be a major piece moving forward. 

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

Starters 

1. Rice

2. Carylyle

3. Mgbako

4. Reneau

5. Ballo

Bench

1. Galloway

2. Hickman

3. Tucker

4.???

5. Payne

I like that

with Newton Cupps and leal. 

Don’t need more than that 12. If you find a young guy that is willing to come in and set the bench or a big guy for depth than use the 13th

2 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

I like that

with Newton Cupps and leal. 

Don’t need more than that 12. If you find a young guy that is willing to come in and set the bench or a big guy for depth than use the 13th

I want Humrichous. I don't think it would be possible with Payne but I really want him at IU

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Appears this kid is going to miss out if he is waiting. doesnt look like the staff is.

I'm also not convinced that Payne will commit if in fact Ballo commits. He's also the kind of player that you find room for imo. 

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I'm also not convinced that Payne will commit if in fact Ballo commits. He's also the kind of player that you find room for imo. 

Agree him and Bello make  a nice defensive combo. I think they can split time. Malik plays the four. MM back malik up and plays time at the 3. Tucker and the other guards backup MM at the 3. Malik can play some at the 5 if needed. 

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

If he cared he would be taking visits. use the 13th on him if you still have it but you dont wait you fill it up. this team will start practice in 6 weeks.

45 minutes ago, Tom White said:

Kinda glad coaches don't always listen to fan suggestions on what to do.

Most of the those suggestions seem pretty good.  When Woodson actually had smaller lineups at times, they actually performed better during those stretches.