2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

2 hours ago, Drroogh said:

I would say I want what you’re smoking thinking he’s coming to IU with the thought he’ll be on the bench but my neighbor works at a grow house and said she would hook me up if I ever wanted.

Of the guys ranked in the 16-25 range (Tucker is ranked 20th) from last years 247 composite, only 1 played more than 60% of his teams minutes. You can think whatever you want, but outside the top 10 or so guys, it’s very common for freshman to come off the bench as 20ish minutes per game type of players.

He’ll get minutes, but I sure hope we’re not relying on him to start unless he has a college ready game - which most freshman don’t.

14 minutes ago, Kdug said:

Of the guys ranked in the 16-25 range (Tucker is ranked 20th) from last years 247 composite, only 1 played more than 60% of his teams minutes. You can think whatever you want, but outside the top 10 or so guys, it’s very common for freshman to come off the bench as 20ish minutes per game type of players.

He’ll get minutes, but I sure hope we’re not relying on him to start unless he has a college ready game - which most freshman don’t.

Maybe I caught too much second hand smoke from my neighbor when we were talking.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

If there isn’t a commitment by tomorrow, then most definitely he will go somewhere else unless he is one of those guys that does all of his visits and then weighs his decisions 

Why? Ware and Mgbako left last year without announcing. Then cancelled visits and committed later. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I still feel good about Ballo. Some people are just overreacting to nothing right now.

People are overreacting because we need shooters and one that they were told was coming here just committed to Cincinnati. So we still don’t have a shooter correct, going on how many years? Ballo alone doesn’t fix any problems, and I’m not of the opinion that Carlyle does either. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

People are overreacting because we need shooters and one that they were told was coming here just committed to Cincinnati. So we still don’t have a shooter correct, going on how many years? Ballo alone doesn’t fix any problems, and I’m not of the opinion that Carlyle does either. 

Carlyle is considered a scorer not a “shooter” - big difference. That’s nice, but we need shooters!

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

This team had more than a shooting problem. And having two guys like this on our team would improve our team a lot.

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 3