March Madness 2024

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Burns will have two fouls by the first TV timeout 

I think they're going to have the best refs for the final four. The NCAA knows if Edey gets a bunch of dumb calls the outrage by the average fan is going to be awful for perception. I'm almost willing to bet this is the first game Zach Edey fouls out of this season.

6 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

At least the big ten will finally win it all now. 

Having said that, every person who is responsible for our embarrassing program should be forced to attend the final four wearing purdue gear. 

There’s a bullet I could get away with taking for the good of the team. 🤣

3 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Heavy sigh. Anxiety. Anger mixed with inner turmoil!”

As an IU fan, yeah, this blows.

NGL, personally, I’m thrilled my girlfriend gets to cheer at a Final Four game. 

I’mma shut up now before I get tarred and feathered. 

What an amazing experience for her! I’m happy for my Purdue friends and few family PU alum & fans. Game respects game. Happy for Robbie Hummel; happy for Keady that he can be there to witness it and all that.

Am I going to watch coverage every day? No, lol. But I fully expect them to meet UConn in the title game, and I think UConn has the edge. But frick, maybe I want the title back in my state after all these long years!!

• Like 1

I'm torn. I don't want to see Purdue win, but I respect Coach Painter and many of their players. I like to see kids from the state of Indiana do well. But, I still can't pull for them.

Many of their fans are the main reason for my dislike. I have several friends who are Purdue fans and I'm happy for them.  But there are so many of their fans that can be real d-bags (like every program I guess). That's what really makes me not want them to win, is the d-bag fans. It kind of sucks to feel that way, but that's what a rivalry is.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

What an amazing experience for her! I’m happy for my Purdue friends and few family PU alum & fans. Game respects game. Happy for Robbie Hummel; happy for Keady that he can be there to witness it and all that.

Am I going to watch coverage every day? No, lol. But I fully expect them to meet UConn in the title game, and I think UConn has the edge. But frick, maybe I want the title back in my state after all these long years!!

I probably would have watched anyway, but now I’m going to be in trouble if she gets on camera and I’m not. 😂

• Haha 1

Honestly I respect Painter and their guys play well but I simply can't root for them. This is for the simple fact they will finally have a championship and they can throw that in our faces while we sit here and struggle just to maintain some semblance of relevance in the basketball world. Not to mention I really would not like to see Edy get a championship cause of his play and how lenient the refs are always on him. 

5 minutes ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Honestly I respect Painter and their guys play well but I simply can't root for them. This is for the simple fact they will finally have a championship and they can throw that in our faces while we sit here and struggle just to maintain some semblance of relevance in the basketball world. Not to mention I really would not like to see Edy get a championship cause of his play and how lenient the refs are always on him. 

Wonder if a Purdue championship would finally wake up the powers that be at Indiana.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Common Sense said:

Wonder if a Purdue championship would finally wake up the powers that be at Indiana.  

You can't fix stupid! The sad thing is Painter wanted to go to Indiana. His family wanted him to go, he was good friends with Pat Knight but Knight couldn't/wouldn't give him a scholarship. He did offer him to be a preferred walk on. 
Oh well, what could of been! 

8 minutes ago, ButlerHoosier said:

It won’t bother me. 5>1

Also, while Purdue has been great the last three years and have been solid recently, it’s not like we’ve been a total doormat the whole time either. 

Their fans say things like “dusty banners,” but it’s their first final four since 1980, so I guess that argument is total 🐴💩 anyway.

I guess what I’m trying to say is, should they win it all, it won’t be the end of the world. They’ve got a LONG way to go before they “eclipse” IU as the premier program in the state, and they also couldn’t win it without having literally the biggest player to ever play in the NCAA who is allowed to camp in the lane and elbow opposing players in the head every other possession.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

It won’t bother me. 5>1

Also, while Purdue has been great the last three years and have been solid recently, it’s not like we’ve been a total doormat the whole time either. 

Their fans say things like “dusty banners,” but it’s their first final four since 1980, so I guess that argument is total 🐴💩 anyway.

I guess what I’m trying to say is, should they win it all, it won’t be the end of the world. They’ve got a LONG way to go before they “eclipse” IU as the premier program in the state, and they also couldn’t win it without having literally the biggest player to ever play in the NCAA who is allowed to camp in the lane and elbow opposing players in the head every other possession.

They already are the premier program in the state.  They just happen to be searching for their 1st title.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, rico said:

They already are the premier program in the state.  They just happen to be searching for their 1st title.

They’re the best team right now, sure; they’re not the premier program.

IU has four final four appearances, a championship game appearance, and two titles since Purdue last made the final four.

Edited by rogue3542
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

They’re the best team right now, sure; they’re not the premier program

Yes they are. You're just blind from your Fandom, which is understandable. 

Purdue is THE program in the entire Big Ten now. Indiana is a has been that needs two NBA players just to make the tourney now and then. 

Edited by Sea Turtle

1 minute ago, Sea Turtle said:

Yes they are. You're just blind from your Fandom, which is understandable. 

Purdue is THE program in the entire Big Ten now. Indiana is a has been that needs two NBA players just to make the tourney.

I’m not going to argue further. You’re not going to change my mind, and I’m not going to change yours.

Last thing I’ll say is IU has 4 final fours and two titles since the last time Purdue even MADE the final weekend. They have 3 final four appearances all time, including this year.

• Like 1

Purdue going to the Final Four doesn't bother me one bit. I just want to see IU get back to the Final Four again. Seeing fans get excited this weekend, especially NC State fans for example, it feels good in my heart and I want to experience that feeling again with my Hoosiers. That is all. 

• Like 4