March Madness 2024

2 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

It would be awesome if PUke would dedicate the lane's at Makey arena "Eddy Lane" Paint it like a street sign. 

🎶 on Edey lane there is a center sharing photographs

of every head he’s head the pleasure to concuss 

He’s parking there like a bus 

Opponents will discuss & make a fuss 

• Haha 2

Coworker(PU fan) walks into the office this morning, looking as if he’d seen a ghost. I asked him what was wrong and why the nervous energy? His response was that he dreamt that Purdue got beat by a double digit seed for the fourth consecutive year in a row. I told him that at least they made it to the Final Four this time… he got sick and left early. Part of me wants to see the B1G succeed, but selfishly, if he’s right and they do fall to NC State.. oh man, what a story!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

More data...do what you want with it. 

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 1.45.16 PM.png

Kinda hard to take something seriously that calls the NCAA Tournament “playoffs”. Yes, I know, they mean the same thing, but it’s not common terminology. And if someone that’s compiling stats about something doesn’t know the common terms…..

Also, averages are great and all, but I’d love to see the standard deviation on those as well. It doesn’t take much to skew an average up or down with only a 4 game sample size, and it also doesn’t correlate if a team had a fairly narrow variance in the regular season and a big spread in the tournament. 

Edit: lies, damn lies and statistics. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Kinda hard to take something seriously that calls the NCAA Tournament “playoffs”. Yes, I know, they mean the same thing, but it’s not common terminology. And if someone that’s compiling stats about something doesn’t know the common terms…..

Also, averages are great and all, but I’d love to see the standard deviation on those as well. It doesn’t take much to skew an average up or down with only a 4 game sample size, and it also doesn’t correlate if a team had a fairly narrow variance in the regular season and a big spread in the tournament. 

Edit: lies, damn lies and statistics. 

playoffs2.jpg.2f67610c680f8c6a5d4ca26148ea82ad.jpg

You knew it was coming... 

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I didn’t even think of that one. Nicely done! 😂

I know what you mean though... One of my daughter's boyfriends back in the day was watching a Cubs game with us... I was getting something from the kitchen when something happened, and I asked what was going on... He said, "the Cubs scored a point"

Then I heard my daughter say, "uh oh" 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 6

28 minutes ago, JW75 said:

That last 2 minutes was poor.

Yep took all those shots way too early in the shot clock. Could have cut a minute off if they just ran it down to 8 seconds and then started their action. At worse they would be tied with a chance to hold for last shot at end…not playing from behind.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yep took all those shots way too early in the shot clock. Could have cut a minute off if they just ran it down to 8 seconds and then started their action. At worse they would be tied with a chance to hold for last shot at end…not playing from behind.

Like a 7ish point lead. 2 minutes to go. They took like 3 or 4 3s very early….

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JW75 said:

Like a 7ish point lead. 2 minutes to go. They took like 3 or 4 3s very early….

Always torn between stay aggressive and run the offense with milk the clock 

But every shot was 13+ on the clock 

Feel like Cream pick n pop is always available from 23’

Sucks when 4 shot clock violations and they probably win 🏆 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

But wait... there are some now questioning his ability to coach "late in games" 😁

Fun is winning. There is no denying the time and score was the equivalent of just needing to run the ball at the end of a game. The only way they were going to lose was to give threes and take quick shots…they did both. Now…his players should be smart enough to know to work clock but at worse it should have been explained coming out of that last time out with like 2 mins left.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Fun is winning. There is no denying the time and score was the equivalent of just needing to run the ball at the end of a game. The only way they were going to lose was to give threes and take quick shots…they did both. Now…his players should be smart enough to know to work clock but at worse it should have been explained coming out of that last time out with like 2 mins left.

I was mostly was talking about the last play of the game.