March Madness 2024

3 minutes ago, John S said:

Can’t wait to see Clingan vs Edey.  UConn is so well coached imo.  I don’t see PU beating the Huskies.  

For the first time all year I’m not confident 

Zach & TKR will be a load but can Braden shake off a nightmare game?

They have NBA players and we have Zach….and a bunch of Hoosiers 

3 minutes ago, pinkroync said:

Yeah, well a bunch of Hoosiers worked well for IU for a lot of years.  

You guys are going to win.

My only request is can you get your guys to shave

Braden Smith looks 12 if he’s clean shaven 😂

• Haha 1

If UConn plays defense like they did against Bama, I think UConn wins by 10-12 pts.

Clingman (sp) should give Lurch fits. Almost as tall, almost as heavy, and much quicker. Guess we'll see.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, DWB said:

If UConn plays defense like they did against Bama, I think UConn wins by 10-12 pts.

Clingman (sp) should give Lurch fits. Almost as tall, almost as heavy, and much quicker. Guess we'll see.

I think Painter knows he has to go right at Clingan and Karaban with Edey and TKR and get one or both on the bench with foul trouble...And if the get the calls they've gotten all year, they will...

Boilers don't match up well with UConn in the backcourt, and the Huskies have a distinct size advantage there...I'd think Gillis will get a lot of time simply because he matches up better defensively than Loyer...

20 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think Painter knows he has to go right at Clingan and Karaban with Edey and TKR and get one or both on the bench with foul trouble...And if the get the calls they've gotten all year, they will...

Boilers don't match up well with UConn in the backcourt, and the Huskies have a distinct size advantage there...I'd think Gillis will get a lot of time simply because he matches up better defensively than Loyer...

Gillis doesn't play the 3, though.  

Looking at the lineups Purdue has used in the past 5 games, it seems I was in error :) 

Gillis never plays with Edey, Smith, Jones, and TKR, or at least hasn't for the past 5 games...

image.png.61c91569d113c3eef366edd35e027184.png

It'll be interesting to see what Painter does...

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That's true, but do you think he'd go with Heide at the 3 instead? Awful lot to ask of a freshman...

I think you go with what got you there. Yes, Purdue doesn't have the greatest of matchups on paper in spots. 

But, I just wouldn't be able to take Loyers shooting off the court for long stretches. Purdue has to be able to hit 3s, and plenty of them Monday night. 

Not to say they wouldn't maybe sub more, offense for defense, when it allows, though. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ForHumanity said:

May be an image of 8 people and people playing basketballIt was absolutely a foul!

In real time I thought it was a bad call and I think the broadcast only showed the replay once. BUT once I got a chance to see the ‘zoomed in’ replays, I agree, good call. The screener was moving the entire time. It was too blatant for the refs to swallow their whistles on….I don’t care how much time was left. 

Edited by tdhoosier
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I am picking UCONN by 20+ in this one. Unless they have an off game and purdue has a tremendous game, I just don't see UCONN losing, or even a close game. 88-67 UCONN.

Probably not 20+, but more like 10-15. Either way it’s a convincing UConn win. I think Clingan will give Edey fits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I am picking UCONN by 20+ in this one. Unless they have an off game and purdue has a tremendous game, I just don't see UCONN losing, or even a close game. 88-67 UCONN.

If you’re accepting bets, here’s $500, I’ll take Purdue to cover 20.

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

In real time I thought it was a bad call and I think the broadcast only showed the replay once. BUT once I got a chance to see the ‘zoomed in’ replays, I agree, good call. The screener was moving the entire time. It was too blatant for the refs to swallow their whistles on….I don’t care how much time was left. 

Not to mention isn’t there verbiage about the stance? I mean how wide are that girls shoulders that she has her feet 8’ apart?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Are you giving out 20 points? 

30 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

If you’re accepting bets, here’s $500, I’ll take Purdue to cover 20.

Not a gambler, just a hunch based off how good UCONN has looked. I think UCONN's defense will give pu fits. Whether it is 20 point win or not, I am not expecting a close game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Not a gambler, just a hunch based off how good UCONN has looked. I think UCONN's defense will give pu fits. Whether it is 20 point win or not, I am not expecting a close game.

Purdue would have to be within 19 to beat their last championship game appearance :) 

• Haha 1