Everything is fine….

This post:

I am stunned at the number of people who only get it now after the Oakland loss. It started at IU when IU fans started excusing Knight’s losses in season with “wait until March” nonsense. The IU fans were more loyal to a coach than the program. Now the program is a dumpster fire. No talented kids truly put IU on their list. The Knight loyalists furthered damaged the program by bring in a “Knight guy” because that would be the answer.

Calipari lovers started with the Camp Cal nonsense and then moved to wait until March always citing an underperforming that team caught fire in the tournament. Given the constant roster turnover, what one team did previously is irrelevant to any current team.

The decline has been going on for several years and it is going to get worse, a lot worse, before it gets better.

And this post:

We are where IU once was. They didn't think they'd end up where they are now either. Don't think it can get worse? Just ask them.

And this post:

Depends on what happens in the next few weeks. If Cal is neutered or dismissed we can get back on track. If not we’re IU.

Exactly. If Cal is allowed to stay as head coach through 2029 Kentucky basketball may never recover.
Do you think IU basketball or Nebraska football ever thought they would become irrelevant?

Edited by 13th&Jackson
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Well...I don't like to agree with UK fans, but gotta say we certainly lost our blue blood status. We still have all the resources though. Just having had aweful difficulty in hiring the right coach.

We will always be a blue blood; we aren’t currently an elite program, though.

Also, I don’t give a flying f*** what Kentucky fans think about IU. We beat them 2 out of the last three times those cowards were forced to play us.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Just now, rogue3542 said:

Also, I don’t give a flying f*** what Kentucky fans think about IU. We beat them 2 out of the last three times those cowards were forced to play us.

Hell yeah! Bring the energy on this Friday morning! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

That's the spirit!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

And in the one we lost, it was the only time that season that Kayuts team gave up 90 or more points. 

21 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I saw they were comparing Cal to 1945 April Hitler..yea interesting times on Rupp Rafters

Which is why I never want to hear the lazy take again that IU fans are toxic or that this board, or BTB for that matter, are as bad as Rupp Rafters. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

No talented kids truly put IU on their list.

Let's see.....in last year's draft, we had one first round pick that was the B10 freshman of the year, and a consensus AA that's looking like a grand larceny level steal in the 2nd round.  Two McDAA's on the roster this year along with another top 25 5*.

But nope...no real talent here at all.   

Not half bad for a program that's "irrelevant". 🙄

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Adolf's daughter?

Believe it or not, Adolf does have some living relatives.  His nephew, William Patrick was born in Liverpool and emigrated to the US after WW2.  As you'd expect, he changed his last name to "Stuart-Houston".  Three of his children are still alive, although they range between 60 and 75 years old and have no children. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Which is why I never want to hear the lazy take again that IU fans are toxic or that this board, or BTB for that matter, are as bad as Rupp Rafters. 

I mean both can be true. Kentucky is just another stratosphere. 

Just now, ledies22 said:

I mean both can be true. Kentucky is just another stratosphere. 

I 100% reject the notion our fans are “toxic” and any comparison of our board to RR. It’s probably the one thing that boils my blood as quick as anything related to IU basketball these days. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I 100% reject the notion our fans are “toxic” and any comparison of our board to RR. It’s probably the one thing that boils my blood as quick as anything related to IU basketball these days. 

Agreed…lived in Kentucky for about 15 years…nothing is further from the truth. What’s worse is most have no experience even playing the game so not only are they ignorant of the game but there is a huge racist streak with much of them (treat the players like a bunch of thoroughbreds and not humans) and yes when they attack they gang up and harass and threaten to a level only a couple here would do. While we b!tch and moan and complain we are miles different. We just want our program to be accountable for what it’s putting out on the floor.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

So with Cal getting embarrassed in the Tourney once again will he take his ball and refuse to play tournament games anyplace other than Rupp?

Says he is going to mix in some seniors and probably older portal guys to even out his young rosters. He said that for years. His problem isn’t youth…it isn’t talent…it isn’t getting kids to buy in and play hard…its simply being outcoached.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

i dont know of a comparison of this board to RR.

The most commented thread still is fire mike Woodson even knowing he is returning next year, every thread turns into how terrible CMW is, and Dolson, and the BOT et al, our second best player this year (by a long shot) was being thrown to the wolves, we are already planning for our next coach, there were people that wanted IU to lose out this year to get rid of CMW, people are actually complaining if IU does well next year that CMW would hang around... to name a few things....

some of it is warranted, some of it is meh. hoping for losses to get rid of CMW (i did this!!!) not necessarily just for the end of this year, but for the entirety of the next season and piling everything else in there, i would say has toxicity in it. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Agreed…lived in Kentucky for about 15 years…nothing is further from the truth. What’s worse is most have no experience even playing the game so not only are they ignorant of the game but there is a huge racist streak with much of them (treat the players like a bunch of thoroughbreds and not humans) and yes when they attack they gang up and harass and threaten to a level only a couple here would do. While we b!tch and moan and complain we are miles different. We just want our program to be accountable for what it’s putting out on the floor.

Ever hear Rex Chapman talk about his time at UK with an African-American girlfriend….i think it even happened in Charlotte too ?

• Like 1