Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a transcript of a recent talk in INSIDETHEHALL with Romeo's dad.  He has told his son that McDonald's All-American game would be a good time to announce provided he has a definite choice by that time.   However, there is no specific plan to do that at this point.  You can read the article and draw your own conclusions, but I thought the most important factor would be who is coming back and coming in for each team.

8 minutes ago, slojoe said:

There's a transcript of a recent talk in INSIDETHEHALL with Romeo's dad.  He has told his son that McDonald's All-American game would be a good time to announce provided he has a definite choice by that time.   However, there is no specific plan to do that at this point.  You can read the article and draw your own conclusions, but I thought the most important factor would be who is coming back and coming in for each team.

I thought another interesting point in the Q/A that Tim Langford said he talked to Romeo about committing during the Friday night ESPN game a couple weeks ago. I just thought it was interesting 1) because the dad seems to want this to wrap up, and 2) there was a rumor going around that it might happen during that ESPN game. Sounds like while it was never concrete or confirmed by any means whatsoever, the rumor also may not have been some completely made up thing. 

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I thought another interesting point in the Q/A that Tim Langford said he talked to Romeo about committing during the Friday night ESPN game a couple weeks ago. I just thought it was interesting 1) because the dad seems to want this to wrap up, and 2) there was a rumor going around that it might happen during that ESPN game. Sounds like while it was never concrete or confirmed by any means whatsoever, the rumor also may not have been some completely made up thing. 

And interesting that he visited for the Northwestern game

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Yea, it sounds like this process is getting a little exhausting for the Langford family, seeing as Romeo had to stay home Sunday and get some rest, per Dad. 

My guess is that he knows at this point. If he didn't, I don't think Mr. Langford would have kept Romeo home from the IU/PU game.

2 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

Yea, it sounds like this process is getting a little exhausting for the Langford family, seeing as Romeo had to stay home Sunday and get some rest, per Dad. 

My guess is that he knows at this point. If he didn't, I don't think Mr. Langford would have kept Romeo home from the IU/PU game.

No inside info, but quite possibly. Even if they haven't completely made up their minds yet, they may be heavily leaning towards one of them. 

57 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

I can see as to why/how his dad wanted to keep him home. Romeo essentially plays all game, every game, and he had a game Friday and Saturday night. I totally understand keeping him home.

3 minutes ago, ephul said:

I can as to why/how his dad wanted to keep him home. Romeo essentially plays all game, every game, and he had a game Friday and Saturday night. I totally understand keeping him home.

I completely understand... but I don't think he would have kept him home if they didn't already have a pretty good idea. I'm also not implying that this is a bad thing for IU. I happen to think IU is the front runner.

7 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

I completely understand... but I don't think he would have kept him home if they didn't already have a pretty good idea. I'm also not implying that this is a bad thing for IU. I happen to think IU is the front runner.

He was just at the IU game the week before so there would be no reason to come up again except to see a great game.

46 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

I agree. And I'm curious IF/when Romeo will go to Vandy for their practice.

52 minutes ago, ephul said:

I can as to why/how his dad wanted to keep him home. Romeo essentially plays all game, every game, and he had a game Friday and Saturday night. I totally understand keeping him home.

Agree. I don't think Langford not coming to the game because he needed rest has anything to do with anything in terms of his recruitment. Even in high school, the season can be very taxing and exhausting, and add to that being a player like Langford that plays so many minutes and has so much pressure on him. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Agree. I don't think Langford not coming to the game because he needed rest has anything to do with anything in terms of his recruitment. Even in high school, the season can be very taxing and exhausting, and add to that being a player like Langford that plays so many minutes and has so much pressure on him. 

and from what I heard on the radio, spends time signing autographs after every game for everyone that wants one. Not a small time commitment and pretty cool that he does that at that age. The story went that his dad asked him who his favorite player was and he said Lebron. His dad said if you wanted to get LeBron's autograph and couldn't how would you feel. So he signs until the line is gone.

14 hours ago, cybergates said:

and from what I heard on the radio, spends time signing autographs after every game for everyone that wants one. Not a small time commitment and pretty cool that he does that at that age. The story went that his dad asked him who his favorite player was and he said Lebron. His dad said if you wanted to get LeBron's autograph and couldn't how would you feel. So he signs until the line is gone.

Yes.  He does sign autographs after every game.  

Trying to be objective but besides one visit (that we know of) what tell or tells has Langford's given to us as an indicator it would be IU? I know the family said spring was when he would be deciding but I have to believe at this point Romeo has to know which way he's leaning. The only reason to delay any longer is what? To see if Vandy gets any worse? To see us more on TV? Kansas?

To me nothing says IU right now. By stringing this one out it tells me elsewhere and yes keeping the locals happy all year is a factor. I don't know. Just a tad frustrated. Someone else mentioned in another thread. IU could take a huge leap very quickly but it comes down to getting a few recruiting wins or breaks with guys like  Langford,  TJD, Brooks type players.

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Trying to be objective but besides one visit (that we know of) what tell or tells has Langford's given to us as an indicator it would be IU? I know the family said spring was when he would be deciding but I have to believe at this point Romeo has to know which way he's leaning. The only reason to delay any longer is what? To see if Vandy gets any worse? To see us more on TV? Kansas?

To me nothing says IU right now. By stringing this one out it tells me elsewhere and yes keeping the locals happy all year is a factor. I don't know. Just a tad frustrated. Someone else mentioned in another thread. IU could take a huge leap very quickly but it comes down to getting a few recruiting wins or breaks with guys like  Langford,  TJD, Brooks type players.

He won't commit during his season because he is a TEAM first player. FWIW.. Peegs chat last night said we were the leader. 

Also.. the Langfords always said he would be a spring commit. Even before we were involved. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Is that actually from MP or the guys on the board? 

Both.. and one of the "others" was a fairly reliable source. I have felt since HH that we would get Romeo. I just don't think the others can offer the complete package that we can to Romeo. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Both.. and one of the "others" was a fairly reliable source. I have felt since HH that we would get Romeo. I just don't think the others can offer the complete package that we can to Romeo. 

Thanks for sharing this. I should just be happy with what Archie has done so far recruiting wise but we are so close to a true big time difference maker. Big 10 looks wide open next year with heavy departures from MSU, Purdue, and Ohio St.....one player like Romeo (and if Morgan comes back) can make us part of the discussion for tops in conference. 

32 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

But what says Kansas right now? What says Vandy? 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

But what says Kansas right now? What says Vandy? 

Nothing at all. Just my pessimistic nature in recruiting the elite. Kansas gets whatever they want. Vandy has 2 5 stars already. This past fall I was content either way if we got him because I thought with Morgan/Davis coming back for next year, addition of our younger guys we would have an above average team with or without him. Now as I type today...Morgan can leave and no guarantees of Davis either. We need Romeo so much.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

My thoughts are he wasn't ready to decide/commit before the season, so he's waiting until after it so he can focus on the season and not the decision. He may have made up his mind, but there's no point in committing now if he can't sign. With the Louisville fiasco, I'm sure he's well aware that a program can change dramatically in a moment. So why not wait?

7 minutes ago, cybergates said:

My thoughts are he wasn't ready to decide/commit before the season, so he's waiting until after it so he can focus on the season and not the decision. He may have made up his mind, but there's no point in committing now if he can't sign. With the Louisville fiasco, I'm sure he's well aware that a program can change dramatically in a moment. So why not wait?

Get it all day long. Just antsy. I'll be a groundhog, see my shadow and wake back up on March 28th. 

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks for sharing this. I should just be happy with what Archie has done so far recruiting wise but we are so close to a true big time difference maker. Big 10 looks wide open next year with heavy departures from MSU, Purdue, and Ohio St.....one player like Romeo (and if Morgan comes back) can make us part of the discussion for tops in conference. 

I think MSU could still be pretty good if Bridges is the only that leaves early.  If Jackson leaves then that would be bad for them but I just don't see why he would leave this year.

Archived