Romeo Langford

11 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

Inside The Hall released a Q and A with Langford’s dad and he said he’s pushing Langford to decide at the McDonald’s All-American game

Sounds like Tim Langford is pushing for him to commit. 

Also pretty funny that Langford called out Johnson's lack of leadership.. at least that's the way I took it.

Glad Tim notices Juwans improvement

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

Inside The Hall released a Q and A with Langford’s dad and he said he’s pushing Langford to decide at the McDonald’s All-American game

Wish I could hear how the questions were answered. Read the body language, eyes,etc....but overall a nice write up. I'll say I'm officially on the fence now where he goes. It was nice that his Dad mentioned that Romeo mentioned during the Northwestern game that he thought players weren't taking open shots in first half and did in second. Wish there was a way he could be there Sunday for atmosphere.

I don't think there's any comparison between the athletes of the last 15ish years and the athletes 25+ years ago. We're looking at a generation where 7 footers are bringing the ball up the court. They're leading fast breaks from coast to coast. Stopping for pull-up 3's. I firmly believe if Lebron wanted to average a triple-double, he could have for the past 10 years. A generation where players look like they're carved out of stone. A generation where american basketball has been infiltrated with a lot of world wide talent. And it applies to all sports. Baseball players in the 70's saw 100mph fastballs when Nolan Ryan was on the mound (fun fact, Nolan Ryan's playing career spanned 4 decades!). Baseball players in 2018 see near 100mph on a nightly basis. This isn't to discredit the greatness of older players...Larry was awesome. But we haven't had a Larry Bird since Larry Bird, and I think there's a reason for that. 

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Trust me.  Romeo is not playing with IU to avoid boos.  That's some idiot on a board speculating against the young man's character.  People that actually know Romeo will universally tell you that he has too much character for something like that.

He's simply taking the time to evaluate all 3 situations to see which provides him with the best opportunity.  Considering his desired profession in life offers the opportunity of millions upon millions of dollars, can you really blame him?  

Would any of us rush to make a decision with that much on the line?  And, in Romeo's case, we're expecting an 18 year old young man to do that?

I don't see it as speculating against a young man's character. I didn't see it as an attack on him in any way. If he chose to remove himself from angry fans who really want him to stay, I would completely understand. I'm not saying there is truth to this theory, but I wouldn't criticize his character if it were true. Most players of his caliber don't wait this long before making a decision. Regardless of where Romeo goes, he will leave for the NBA and make millions upon millions as you say. It's hard for me to believe that he has no idea of where he wants to play at this late stage of the recruiting process. My personal opinion (for what it's worth) is that he absolutely knows where he wants to go. Why he doesn't announce it, I could only guess. But if it's not Indiana, I'm not sure there is much upside to announcing early. That would not be an attack on his character in any way. If he chooses Indiana, I would be surprised and extremely excited as we need a bigger more talented player to be really competitive for a big 10 title and make a strong run in the big dance. Here's hoping he becomes a Hoosier!!!! 

2 hours ago, rico said:

What about Damon Bailey?

And I disagree about schools playing their size.  Locale is important.  I went to a small school and we played the likes of FW Dwenger, FW North, FW Homestead, FW Carroll, Warsaw, Concord, Columbia City, and Huntington North.  We were a small school surrounded by bigger districts.

I went to a small school as well.. coach at that same small school. Grew 20 mins from Damon Bailey's hometown... the consensus is Romeo is better. (Not everyone obviously). 

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Tim Priller or Scott Eels?  Who you got?

Can we switch scholarships. Prlller and McRoberts?

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I went to a small school as well.. coach at that same small school. Grew 20 mins from Damon Bailey's hometown... the consensus is Romeo is better. (Not everyone obviously). 

2 hours ago, HoosierKix said:

That’s not how I read it, personally. He said that IF Romeo was ready, the McDs game was a good time to announce. He said he also told Romeo that the ESPN game was a good time, as well, if he was ready. And we know that didn’t happen. He ends by saying “if not, we still wait until April.”

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Lol well.. there's no video of a lot of things. There were multiple people who brought that up last night when news broke of Self hearing the chants. 

Yea I know. I’m just bitter there’s no video of it being plastered all over Romeo’s twitter feed and played on a loop over the New Albany HS intercom

6 hours ago, cohete15 said:

I don't think there's any comparison between the athletes of the last 15ish years and the athletes 25+ years ago. We're looking at a generation where 7 footers are bringing the ball up the court. They're leading fast breaks from coast to coast. Stopping for pull-up 3's. I firmly believe if Lebron wanted to average a triple-double, he could have for the past 10 years. A generation where players look like they're carved out of stone. A generation where american basketball has been infiltrated with a lot of world wide talent. And it applies to all sports. Baseball players in the 70's saw 100mph fastballs when Nolan Ryan was on the mound (fun fact, Nolan Ryan's playing career spanned 4 decades!). Baseball players in 2018 see near 100mph on a nightly basis. This isn't to discredit the greatness of older players...Larry was awesome. But we haven't had a Larry Bird since Larry Bird, and I think there's a reason for that. 

With all of that you never mentioned about actually playing basketball.  To me todays players are far superior athletically but they are not has fundamentally sound basketball players.

25 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

With all of that you never mentioned about actually playing basketball.  To me todays players are far superior athletically but they are not has fundamentally sound basketball players.

And? I don't really understand why that is all that big of a deal. I do know there are more players that can shoot it from deep, and play on the perimeter now though. Does that not mean players aren't as fundamentally sound?

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I don't know what you want me to actually say. Today's players are better basketball players because what they may supposedly lack in fundamentals is more than made up for with size, strength and athleticism? Fundamentals mean nothing if you win. You should tell Lebron James he needs to work on his fundamentals. He had 11 turnovers last night. Might have even made a one-handed, no look, behind the back pass. Maybe let Kyrie know he's a little loose with the ball. Or that Steph Curry needs to improve his shot selection. Or that Kevin Durant, at 6'11, belongs on the low post.

IMO, you can't have the discussion of who is the better player in 2 different generations because it's not comparable.

Eric Gordon vs. Romeo Langford is great discussion. Similar generations.

Archived