OT Sage Steele to replace Jemele Hill on Sports Center

It’s ironic to see Sportscenter based out of LA with such East Coast centric stories. I mean, they have everything divided by city on the web/ radio, I’d bet the infrastructure is in place to have “ESPN Midwest.” But they’d probably make Dakich the kingpin...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

It’s ironic to see Sportscenter based out of LA with such East Coast centric stories. I mean, they have everything divided by city on the web/ radio, I’d bet the infrastructure is in place to have “ESPN Midwest.” But they’d probably make Dakich the kingpin...

That is a "novel idea".  ESPN Midwest.  But they did run the "Midwest" boy out.......ya know the one from Dayton, Ohio.  Guess they got tired of him talking about the Reds instead of the Mets.  Still listen to Dan Patrick.  I got a news flash for the "Evil Empire".......basically nobody from the Midwest gives a rat's arsz what is happening on the "Least Coast".  For that matter, people don't care what is happening on the "Left Coast".  Can somebody send an e-mail to Mark Cuban telling him I got this investment idea.  A "Midwest Sports Network".  Too bad MSN is already taken.

18 hours ago, btownqb said:

Thank the lord. Jemele Hill is awful 

Hill is honestly the worst sports commentator I've ever seen.  I remember when she gave her list of the top 5 NFL QBs of all time.  Warren Moon and i believe Mcnabb were on the list.  Peyton was not.

5 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Hill is honestly the worst sports commentator I've ever seen.  I remember when she gave her list of the top 5 NFL QBs of all time.  Warren Moon and i believe Mcnabb were on the list.  Peyton was not.

Hahahahahahaha lord. Smh

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

ESPN having the Colts as their #32 team in their power rankings is laughable at best. 

Where would you rank them 30? Luck has not played a down in 16 months  as of now.  Every team in their division got better. A healthy Luck and they are no better than 20 IMO

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Where would you rank them 30? Luck has not played a down in 16 months  as of now.  Every team in their division got better. A healthy Luck and they are no better than 20 IMO

Well first of all, were the "26th" last year. We got better as well.. so

We led at the half in 11 games. Lost 8 games by less than 2 TDs, lost twice in OT, lost 5 times by 6pts or less. 

I'd like to know what Luck's record is as a starter, it's damn good. 46-30 and played hurt for 2 years. To rank them 32nd is honestly about as dumb as it gets. 

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I want to look at this through my blue colored glasses but the product on the field this year will be terrible. The best player in the team is the kicker. 0 playmakers

Oh wow.. I disagree with those so much. Hilton? Doyle is solid. Mack is going to be solid as well.. not an every down back, but solid. The OL should be good. 

Have to find a pass rush. 

If Luck is healthy I'm honestly not all that worried at all. 

14 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Well last year without Luck they went 4-12 and lost 5 or 6 games after leading after 3 quarters.  I think with a healthy Luck and an upgrade to the roster the Colts will win at least 8 games this year.

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Well first of all, were the "26th" last year. We got better as well.. so

We led at the half in 11 games. Lost 8 games by less than 2 TDs, lost twice in OT, lost 5 times by 6pts or less. 

I'd like to know what Luck's record is as a starter, it's damn good. 46-30 and played hurt for 2 years. To rank them 32nd is honestly about as dumb as it gets. 

The getting better part is very subjective. I might be off but our linebacking corp is one of the worst in the league.  No pass rush still. Young secondary with a huge upside. 

Rhe offensive line will not protect Luck. We have a franchise quarterback but refuse the fix the biggest deficiency on the team the past 6 years. Still no offensive play makers.

They are closer to  32 than to 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Oh wow.. I disagree with those so much. Hilton? Doyle is solid. Mack is going to be solid as well.. not an every down back, but solid. The OL should be good. 

Hilton can be covered up and essentially shut down in games. That's happened over and over.

Agree on Doyle. He is a QB's safe-haven.

Mack is a poor blocker. Doesn't catch the ball particularly well, and needs to hold onto the ball. He's a great tandem back, as you said. Good change of pace back. But he's not ready to carry the full load. Wilkins needs to be ready to go to really make Mack effective, as you said.

OL is still a question mark. Castanzo is up and down. Played pretty bad last two years. The inside should be good. RT is still a question mark... Have the LT and RT up in the air isn't good. 

A LOT of things have to go right for this team to even make the playoffs, simply put.

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If Ty is a play maker than i am rhe POPE!!! HE is a 1 trick pony. Get 2 catches 20 yards against any quality defense and the 150 against The sister's of st marys of the wooda. When is the last time he had q big game when it mattered ir against a quality team

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

The getting better part is very subjective. I might be off but our linebacking corp is one of the worst in the league.  No pass rush still. Young secondary with a huge upside. 

Rhe offensive line will not protect Luck. We have a franchise quarterback but refuse the fix the biggest deficiency on the team the past 6 years. Still no offensive play makers.

They are closer to  32 than to 1

They are teams getting better is subjective as well. The OL will for sure protect Luck, those two guards are studs. We absolutely have addressed the OL. 

To say they are 32nd in power rankings make someone at ESPN misinformed or bias. 

Obviously Luck is the wild card. If he's healthy and returns to form...and I say this as a Bears fan...I see 9-10 wins. Line will be drastically improved on Offense. 2 Tight End sets (one of the least discussed mismatches in all of football) with Doyle and Ebron. Explosive back in Mack. You have TY. 

Colts were very close last year in so many games. Will be interesting to follow but when I saw 32 I thought where's the betting window. I'll bet anyone on that action.

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If Ty is a play maker than i am rhe POPE!!! HE is a 1 trick pony. Get 2 catches 20 yards against any quality defense and the 150 against The sister's of st marys of the wooda. When is the last time he had q big game when it mattered ir against a quality team

If we aren't considering TY a playmaker then I am not going to participate in this discussion. 

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well last year without Luck they went 4-12 and lost 5 or 6 games after leading after 3 quarters.  I think with a healthy Luck and an upgrade to the roster the Colts will win at least 8 games this year.

They went 4-12 with the easiest schedule in the league.  The barely beat the winless Browns and in many of those close games the other team had key players out st the time

6 minutes ago, ephul said:

Hilton can be covered up and essentially shut down in games. That's happened over and over.

Agree on Doyle. He is a QB's safe-haven.

Mack is a poor blocker. Doesn't catch the ball particularly well, and needs to hold onto the ball. He's a great tandem back, as you said. Good change of pace back. But he's not ready to carry the full load. Wilkins needs to be ready to go to really make Mack effective, as you said.

OL is still a question mark. Castanzo is up and down. Played pretty bad last two years. The inside should be good. RT is still a question mark... Have the LT and RT up in the air isn't good. 

A LOT of things have to go right for this team to even make the playoffs, simply put.

Agree on Mack. Castanzo has a really good ranking overall. I agree we need some things to go right, but to put them at 32.... 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

They are teams getting better is subjective as well. The OL will for sure protect Luck, those two guards are studs. We absolutely have addressed the OL. 

To say they are 32nd in power rankings make someone at ESPN misinformed or bias. 

You are going to count on rookies. Good luck with that.

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

They went 4-12 with the easiest schedule in the league.  The barely beat the winless Browns and in many of those close games the other team had key players out st the time

idc how much they barely beat someone by. Pitt barely beat us lol they were decent right? Do we get brownie points for that? 

Played without Luck the entire year, also had other guys banged up.. .so don't buy that part of your argument either. 

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

You are going to count on rookies. Good luck with that.

There are rookies every year that dominate upfront... every..... year......

regardless you tried to tell me we didn't address the OL.... ehhhhhh wrong. 

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If we aren't considering TY a playmaker then I am not going to participate in this discussion. 

Let me know who he makes plays against. What has he done against the AFC teams that make the playoffs. His nickname shoukd be Houdini.   I feel he woukd be a very good 2. He is not top 10 reveivers in the league

Archived