OT Sage Steele to replace Jemele Hill on Sports Center

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Oh just saw Smith is gone as well. Good. When he first got to ESPN when he was on ATH I really liked him, once he got on his own he sucked. 

Yep. Always really like and liked him in his old format. I don't blame him necessarily. I blame those calling the shots at ESPN. Putting those in situations where they will fail is almost their calling card in recent years. 

Only one at ESPN that is laughing right now is Golic. He said in December why break up a good thing. Greeny's new show sucks. Unbelievable salaries to pay plus they are now in direct competition with his old show....and both are hurting (poor ratings) because of it. Amazing some of the ESPN upper management couldn't see this coming. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Always really like and liked him in his old format. I don't blame him necessarily. I blame those calling the shots at ESPN. Putting those in situations where they will fail is almost their calling card in recent years. 

Only one at ESPN that is laughing right now is Golic. He said in December why break up a good thing. Greeny's new show sucks. Unbelievable salaries to pay plus they are now in direct competition with his old show....and both are hurting (poor ratings) because of it. Amazing some of the ESPN upper management couldn't see this coming. 

I actually thought (as long as any Boston team wasn't in the discussion) he was the best one on ATH.

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I actually thought (as long as any Boston team wasn't in the discussion) he was the best one on ATH.

Thought so as well. Now they have Sarah Spain up there discussing women's rights (which is a wonderful cause)...unfortunately they chose wrong again. Here's someone that advertised herself for Super Bowl tickets (google it if not aware) and now we are supposed to take her seriously? So comical. So many more deserving women to fill that role instead of her. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thought so as well. Now they have Sarah Spain up there discussing women's rights (which is a wonderful cause)...unfortunately they chose wrong again. Here's someone that advertised herself for Super Bowl tickets (google it if not aware) and now we are supposed to take her seriously? So comical. So many more deserving women to fill that role instead of her. 

It's just stupid to mesh social causes with sports.  Most people tuning in tune in to hear about SPORTS (duh). It doesn't mean they don't care about social issues. It simply means that they like to keep them separate from their sports/entertainment.  ESPN's failure to grasp that is a big reason interest has declined in their product.

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I listen to Golic and Wingo driving to work and I really can't stand Wingo and the younger Golic.

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Man, that was a real head scratcher.  Wasn't it like 18 years?  Unreal.

Between turning every subjective sports fact that they can into “hot takes” and the above mentioned social commentary, ( and overwhelming east Coast bias) the demise of ESPN has been hard to watch. I only watch it when I have to, and sometimes that means suffering through Dakich calling IU, which they seem to relish to stick it to IU fans. We need an alternative besides FSN, who have followed suit giving Skip Bayless a platform... I propose HSN 3.0 as our go-to sports hub!!

17 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

Between turning every subjective sports fact that they can into “hot takes” and the above mentioned social commentary, ( and overwhelming east Coast bias) the demise of ESPN has been hard to watch. I only watch it when I have to, and sometimes that means suffering through Dakich calling IU, which they seem to relish to stick it to IU fans. We need an alternative besides FSN, who have followed suit giving Skip Bayless a platform... I propose HSN 3.0 as our go-to sports hub!!

Me and my buddy have been talking about this for years.  I wish somebody would start a sports network out of Chicago, Indy, Detroit, wherever that is in the Great Lakes area.  Just talk about what we as locals want to hear concerning our teams.  Pro and college.  Damn, I want to hear about the Reds, Cubs, White Sox, etc.  Not the Yankees, Mets, or Bosox.  I could care less about the Jets, Giants, or Patriots.  Fox has tried doing this but it ain't working.  And why does everything on ESPN seem to center on the NFL?  My God, it is mind numbing.  We need a BTN 2.0 that gets the pro franchises involved.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Me and my buddy have been talking about this for years.  I wish somebody would start a sports network out of Chicago, Indy, Detroit, wherever that is in the Great Lakes area.  Just talk about what we as locals want to hear concerning our teams.  Pro and college.  Damn, I want to hear about the Reds, Cubs, White Sox, etc.  Not the Yankees, Mets, or Bosox.  I could care less about the Jets, Giants, or Patriots.  Fox has tried doing this but it ain't working.  And why does everything on ESPN seem to center on the NFL?  My God, it is mind numbing.  We need a BTN 2.0 that gets the pro franchises involved.

The Jets talk wears me OUT. They are awful and honestly should never be talked about, neither should the Knicks. The NFL talk annoy me much, but he LeFlop talk does. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The Jets talk wears me OUT. They are awful and honestly should never be talked about, neither should the Knicks. The NFL talk annoy me much, but he LeFlop talk does. 

Who are these Jets and Knicks that you speak of?  LOL

Archived