OT Sage Steele to replace Jemele Hill on Sports Center

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Let me know who he makes plays against. What has he done against the AFC teams that make the playoffs. His nickname shoukd be Houdini.   I feel he woukd be a very good 2. He is not top 10 reveivers in the league

3 catches for 52 yards and 1TD against Pitt last year with a back up QB

oh he's easily top 10 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

idc how much they barely beat someone by. Pitt barely beat us lol they were decent right? Do we get brownie points for that? 

Played without Luck the entire year, also had other guys banged up.. .so don't buy that part of your argument either. 

So u can use the argument they were close in so many games but i cant say the barely beat a winless team

Hey wait a second.  This is supposed to be a thread about Jemele Hill, not the Indy Colts.

No seriously, I talked about this in the TJD thread earlier today. When there was an exception to taking a thread off track.  And my opinion is I think it is great. That we allow this to happen, instead of locking a thread that gets off topic. Often times the off topic discussion is better than the topic started.  Obviously there is a passion to discuss the Colts.  Who cares where that discussion takes place ?  Certainly, not me.   Carry on. 

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

So u can use the argument they were close in so many games but i cant say the barely beat a winless team

We are talking about power rankings and how there is no way they should be ranked 32nd... being that close in that meaning games, meanwhile the Browns lost all 16 games... 

If TY had any sort of help on the other side he would look a lot different. He is double covered plenty. Look at the top receivers, they all have help. 

Just now, milehiiu said:

Hey wait a second.  This is supposed to be a thread about Jemele Hill, not the Indy Colts.

No seriously, I talked about this in the TJD thread earlier today. When there was an exception to taking a thread off track.  And my opinion is I think it is great. That we allow this to happen, instead of locking a thread that gets off topic. Often times the off topic discussion is better than the topic started.  Obviously there is a passion to discuss the Colts.  Who cares where that discussion takes place ?  Certainly, not me.   Carry on. 

My opinion is sometimes you can only say so much about a certain topic lol I think we all agreed Hill was awful... now.... let's talk Colts 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

My opinion is sometimes you can only say so much about a certain topic lol I think we all agreed Hill was awful... now.... let's talk Colts 

I agree.  Also, as I said, I think that is one of the things I think our members appreciate about HSN.  They don't have to worry about getting shut down, just because a topic has run it's course.

All I ask is that members, and admins as well ,remember one of our core rules.  No name calling regardless of how much you may disagree with another member's thoughts and expressions. 

25 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The getting better part is very subjective. I might be off but our linebacking corp is one of the worst in the league.  No pass rush still. Young secondary with a huge upside. 

Rhe offensive line will not protect Luck. We have a franchise quarterback but refuse the fix the biggest deficiency on the team the past 6 years. Still no offensive play makers.

They are closer to  32 than to 1

OL will be far better this year with the addition Nelson and Smith in the draft and the signing yesterday of OT Austin Howard.  The LB will be young but they are a lot better than what was put out last year.  Also there will be better depth at the OL with a healthy Mewhort and the Signing of Slausen and some good young players in Good and Haag.

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

There are rookies every year that dominate upfront... every..... year......

regardless you tried to tell me we didn't address the OL.... ehhhhhh wrong. 

They have addressed it every year for 7 straight now and it still sucks. Rick Venturi said that Colts have drafted more offensive lineman in that period than any other team. How has that worked out?  I never said it was not addressed I said it is still bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We are talking about power rankings and how there is no way they should be ranked 32nd... being that close in that meaning games, meanwhile the Browns lost all 16 games... 

If TY had any sort of help on the other side he would look a lot different. He is double covered plenty. Look at the top receivers, they all have help. 

I agree with that so did they address it and get him help? NO they did not. 

22 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

They went 4-12 with the easiest schedule in the league.  The barely beat the winless Browns and in many of those close games the other team had key players out st the time

Without your franchise QB you will not win big and the Colts were pretty much in every game.  With a healthy Luck and a better roster I see better results than last year.  Also you need to take into account that we should have better coaching this year since Chuck was one of the worst coaches in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

OL will be far better this year with the addition Nelson and Smith in the draft and the signing yesterday of OT Austin Howard.  The LB will be young but they are a lot better than what was put out last year.  Also there will be better depth at the OL with a healthy Mewhort and the Signing of Slausen and some good young players in Good and Haag.

I hope so my passion for the Colts is only surpassed by my beloved Hoosiers on the hardwood.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Without your franchise QB you will not win big and the Colts were pretty much in every game.  With a healthy Luck and a better roster I see better results than last year.  Also you need to take into account that we should have better coaching this year since Chuck was one of the worst coaches in the NFL.

With a healthy Luck, how many FOOTBALLS has he thrown in the last year? We are assuming he is going to be back to all pro caliber. I hope I am wrong but i feel they are no better than 20-24 with a healthy luck and 26-30 with Jacobi

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

They have addressed it every year for 7 straight now and it still sucks. Rick Venturi said that Colts have drafted more offensive lineman in that period than any other team. How has that worked out?  I never said it was not addressed I said it is still bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well we got rid of a terrible GM in Grigson who made most of those picks and replaced him with a very highly regarded guy in Ballard.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Well we got rid of a terrible GM in Grigson who made most of those picks and replaced him with a very highly regarded guy in Ballard.

Nelson will be a stud for sure. I am not sold on how well Luck will perform this year. I feel the majority of his issues are between the ears and that is much more difficult to come back from than the physical injuries.

21 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

C'mon old timer.  Geez, this thread was about Sage Steel.  What am I gonna do with you?

16 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I agree with that so did they address it and get him help? NO they did not. 

You can't address every issue first of all... but Rogers is healthy now, picked up Grant who I like and drafted a guy. How do you define addressing something?

Archived