Darius Garland

iRepIU

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rabjohns actually just said recently that DG texted him again and told him he doesn't know what all the fuss on Twitter is about, and that he hasn't committed. His friend who made that tweet apparently told the Vandy insider that DG was going to Vandy...

So. Let  get this straight.  Some kid. Who happens to be a friend of Darius.  Who lives in Nashville. Who most likely has been a Vandy fan all his life.  Texts or tells the guys running a Vandy fansite, that Darius has silently committed to Vandy.  And the guys running the Vandy fansite, run with the story, without talking to Darius ?

ALL THE WHILE, DARIUS PUBLICLY HAS STATED HE HAS NOT DECIDED, YET ? 

And all the while, Jerry Meyer does not change his CB pick ?

Is that what's going on ?

OMG !

Sometimes this type of hometown push can help the out of state school. DG and his family could say maybe it's best for you to leave and get away from all of these friends,etc.....one thing is certain. Vandy and it's fans haven't ever been part of a 5 star recruitment or at the very least very often. 

Another week. Another leak. Hopefully DG chooses us. Either way we need Romeo. DG is gravy.

23 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

I assume this is towards me. Not sure I need to explain myself. All I said is that I don't feel good about this anymore, which is true. A couple weeks ago I was 100% certain he was coming here. Now, I feel as if he is completely torn, and I'm feeling as if he is leaning towards Vandy. Hence me not feeling good about this anymore. 

Certainly not personal. As many people who are new to the board everyone may or may not know someone's posting history. I was just saying cryptic posts aren't very helpful. Unless of course Mile wants to post he's hearing the winds are blowing to Bloomington again...

11 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Fair enough. I've been posting for a long time. When I hear something or feel a certain way, I speak. That is all. 

W/ this recruitment I have been swayed both ways. I truly have no idea where this one is going.

All I can say is, I respect Garland and his family for keeping this recruitment close to them. 

Good on all. Only thing I can tell with DG recruitment is that if he knew his decision I get the feeling we would all know. Following recruiting for 30+ years this situation seems like the kid really wants to go to IU but people/friends/certain family members are pressuring to stay home.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Good on all. Only thing I can tell with DG recruitment is that if he knew his decision I get the feeling we would all know. Following recruiting for 30+ years this situation seems like the kid really wants to go to IU but people/friends/certain family members are pressuring to stay home.

I think your right. If he was going to Vandy, I think he would have already announced honestly. This will be an interesting finish, and hopefully he ends up in the candy stripes.

Yeah Rabjohns was in Nashville yesterday.  Garland hasn't decided one way or another so all the Vandy insiders are going to look really dumb if he picks IU.  It is 50/50 right now according to most that have good sources.  It just comes down to IU and Vandy.  I still think IU wins it.  The kid is struggling so much because he is having a hard time telling Vandy and the hometown team no.  JMO though on the last bit.  We will see. 

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Actually, there is considerable pull from different angles.  The Garland's moved from Gary about 5 years ago. But they still have many friends and family still in Gary.

Darius started playing for the Glen Park (the part of Gary, I grew up in) Biddy Basketball team at a very early age.  The same team that Branden Dawson played for.  Winston agonized over moving the family to Nashville. Darius joined a travel team out of Nashville, before enrolling at Brentwood.

28 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Based on what I  have just been told by a very good friend of mine.... two things that may tip this 50/50 battle between IU and Vanderbilt, are :

Which Schools Offer a Sports Broadcasting Degree?

And

Insider: New IU assistant Ed Schilling jumped at homecoming opportunity

Thanks for the info Mile.  As you mentioned in the other forum - Ed Schilling is an important coach (I'm glad Archie was able to grab him!) 

Archived