Darius Garland

iRepIU

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Have you heard anymore on Shittu recruitment 

Haven't followed it closely, but Vandy is leader. I wouldn't be shocked if UNC changed that, taking his OV soon. Hopefully UNC gets him, assuming that would help us w Garland.

30 minutes ago, madmax said:

Are there limits to how often coaches can visit open gyms/practices? I'd be curious to see if the tide is actually turning towards Vandy if CAM or an assistant makes an appearance in the next few days.

Yes. There are limits.  And Archie is expected to make another visit.  Not sure if it is this or next week. 

The fact is that every school has it's own sales pitch and each school is going to highlight their strengths while trying to downplay what their rivals have to offer.It ultimately comes down to what is most attractive to the kid.  If we lose Darius to Vandy, I think it's safe to assume that we lost him for legitimate reasons that were important to him.  It's not like we lost him to UK because they offered him a 6 figure salary. 

17 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Remember when IU was in the lead according to the CB?  These guys probably reading our boards guessing.  Staff did their best, we will see what happens.

So, you're saying if I posted that I had a reliable source that Garland was going to commit to Lipscomb University, they might just get a Crystal Ball pick.  :coffee:

Guy's.  Darius states that he never thought it would not be this hard.... and so some GUESS, that Vandy is the reason why.  As of tonight, I have got nothing, including from Winston that IU is still not in the lead.  Could it change ? Of course.  But as of now, nothing has changed.  Once again.... if Jerry Meyer changes his pick, then we have something to be concerned about.  Stay the course. 

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Guy's.  Darius states that he never thought it would not be this hard.... and so some GUESS, that Vandy is the reason why.  As of tonight, I have got nothing, including from Winston that IU is still not in the lead.  Could it change ? Of course.  But as of now, nothing has changed.  Once again.... if Jerry Meyer changes his pick, then we have something to be concerned about.  Stay the course. 

Reading that, I may just have read it wrong, but did you say that Winston stated IU is not in the lead?

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I appreciate the voice of reason and the info.

3 hours ago, KDB said:

Reading that, I may just have read it wrong, but did you say that Winston stated IU is not in the lead?

To clarify... and to the best of my knowledge.... Winston has never designated a leader.  However.... he has made it very clear, as to where he (Winston) would like Darius to go.

11 hours ago, KDB said:

Vandy has been in twice to see DG in the last week, Archie hasn't seen him in over a month.. Almost like he knows that IU is on top, if Vandy was on top and Drew believed it, why would he be visiting this often as if he is trying to pull him back home? Maybe he isn't but it seems odd to me that he is visiting so often if Vandy is the leader. Archie very well may know something that we don't.

Actually Archie saw Garland two weeks ago at HH.  Also I have no idea why a top recruit would pick Vandy over IU or any other top program.  Maybe his mom want shim to stay close to home or something like that.

if we don't get either one of these guys then it will be a little deflating. A couple of months ago it looked like we would not get either one and then it changed and looked like we might get one, Now since HH it looked like we might get both so if we don't get either it will be a let down.

Archived