Darius Garland

iRepIU

1 hour ago, KDB said:

DG said in an interview w Peegs, that he hasn't decided and there is no frontrunner... Also, I may be overthinking it, but he sounds high on UCLA, and he doesn't say anything about IU that makes you feel any better than how we are feeling right now, says the same things about Vandy he has been saying for a while.. But included that "hopefully they get Shittu, and Romeo and just come in and have a big role." 

There are a couple guys on the UK board who live in Nashville that have given good info before have been telling me for weeks that he told Drew during his visit that he was coming and that the supposed IU interest was just a ploy to get Romeo to Vandy.  Just throwing it out there. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

There are a couple guys on the UK board who live in Nashville that have given good info before have been telling me for weeks that he told Drew during his visit that he was coming and that the supposed IU interest was just a ploy to get Romeo to Vandy.  Just throwing it out there. 

Sounds really...not believable, to be honest.

1 hour ago, KDB said:

DG said in an interview w Peegs, that he hasn't decided and there is no frontrunner... Also, I may be overthinking it, but he sounds high on UCLA, and he doesn't say anything about IU that makes you feel any better than how we are feeling right now, says the same things about Vandy he has been saying for a while.. But included that "hopefully they get Shittu, and Romeo and just come in and have a big role." 

I almost feel like things hinge on  Shittu and what he is going to do...does he have a commitment date?

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He is a better kid than that.

7 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Right on man! This plan has been  in the works since his dad was recruited by Coach Knight, and his mom just added icing to the cake with crocodile tears.  Clearly they are playing  long game.

20 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yeah, I can't buy this. I'm sure these types of things happen all the time in recruiting, but I can't see DG being the type of kid to do it.

50 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

That's ridiculous.  Only UK fans.....

53 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yeah, that sounds stupid to me.  Hard to believe he'd go the the trouble of taking an official three hours away and dragging his folks along solely for the purpose of recruiting another kid.  Regardless of where either of them go, I'm not buying that line of crap. Sounds too much like a hair-brained Kentucky conspiracy theory to me.xD

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

At present.... the only thing I am sure of..... is that the plan is for IU to make one more visit.  I don't have a date. Could be, because a date has yet to be determined for sure.

You have not got any confirmation on whether these guys actually got some good information regarding Garland.  I am wondering if these are the same guys that leaked last week that Darrius is committing to IU and he had to come out and deny it.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

At present.... the only thing I am sure of..... is that the plan is for IU to make one more visit.  I don't have a date. Could be, because a date has yet to be determined for sure.

Hmmm, this is the kind of situation I just don't know how coaches work it.  If there isn't a date/time set yet I would think Archie wouldn't go until Monday after the exhibition game.  But since I'm sure he has access to a private jet to zoom down there and back, maybe he can sneak something like that in before...  

Alright time to fire up the flight trackers! lol just kidding.:D

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

You have not got any confirmation on whether these guys actually got some good information regarding Garland.  I am wondering if these are the same guys that leaked last week that Darrius is committing to IU and he had to come out and deny it.

From what I understand, that was actually a Vanderbilt premium board that started the rumor that he had unofficially already committed to IU.

14 minutes ago, BtownBallers said:

Hmmm, this is the kind of situation I just don't know how coaches work it.  If there isn't a date/time set yet I would think Archie wouldn't go until Monday after the exhibition game.  But since I'm sure he has access to a private jet to zoom down there and back, maybe he can sneak something like that in before...  

Alright time to fire up the flight trackers! lol just kidding.:D

NOOOOOO!!!!  Are you trying to kill my liver!?!?!  I just said if that happened I would have to drink my way thru all of this!!!  My liver is a champ but I'd like to keep it in the shape it's in!!!  LOL 

Once again.  I am keeping my eye on Mr. Meyer.  He has not changed his CB.

And when Darius says he wonders why people are saying he has already made a decision..... when he claims that as of today, he himself does not know what he is doing.... I am taking him at his word.

As happens all too often.... pure speculation IMHO, as far as Duke "Insiders" and Vandy premie people are concerned.

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

And when Darius says he wonders why people are saying he has already made a decision..... when he claims that as of today, he himself does not know what he is doing.... I am taking him at his word.

As happens all too often.... pure speculation IMHO, as far as Duke "Insiders" and Vandy premie people are concerned.

Where did you see the comment form Garland today that he does not know where he is going.

41 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

This is just my personal theory but there's little chance Duke insiders are being told anything definitive...my guess is people are assuming that if it were going to be IU he would have committed shortly after HH or his last visit, and that the fact that he's still undecided makes them think Garland is leaning toward Vandy but not quite ready to pull the trigger...maybe because he's afraid it's a bad choice, maybe because his family wants him to go to IU, maybe both....or maybe this kid is just enjoying the process and taking his time because there's no point in making a decision until signing week. Changing your crystal ball prediction means nothing, changing it and going on twitter to justify your position means more but none of it likely means much if anything.

4 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

This is just my personal theory but there's little chance Duke insiders are being told anything definitive...my guess is people are assuming that if it were going to be IU he would have committed shortly after HH or his last visit, and that the fact that he's still undecided makes them think Garland is leaning toward Vandy but not quite ready to pull the trigger...maybe because he's afraid it's a bad choice, maybe because his family wants him to go to IU, maybe both....or maybe this kid is just enjoying the process and taking his time because there's no point in making a decision until signing week. Changing your crystal ball prediction means nothing, changing it and going on twitter to justify your position means more but none of it likely means much if anything.

I agree with you for the most part. Crystal ball predictions are just that... predictions. There is nothing saying that any one of the guys who has a prediction on the website has any more knowledge than any of us. At the same time, usually when a large number of predictions change right before a kid is supposedly going to commit, there is normally something behind it and often times it is accurate. We will see shortly!

Archived