Darius Garland

iRepIU

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

is this your guess or are you hearing from a source it's officially November 1st?

There was a guy on a different board saying someone close with the Garland family told him that Darius would commit to IU on 11/1.. Odds of that happening are becoming VERY slim. I think Garland will pop soon though.

26 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Last ditch effort by other schools and to not tip their hand they agree to the meeting

Same thing happened with Cody Zeller.  Roy visited just a few days before the announcement, and at about the same time Cody's mom got a "Care Package" at school, from IU.  IU gear Cody wore for the announcement ceremony.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Same thing happened with Cody Zeller.  Roy visited just a few days before the announcement, and at about the same time Cody's mom got a "Care Package" at school, from IU.  IU gear Cody wore for the announcement ceremony.

We did the same thing with Wilkes. Last ditch effort.  As if that's ever worked. 

3 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Assuming Darius Garland on board, next season's PG battle will be fierce between him and Green, which will make both players (AND Phinisee) better.

if we get both Garland and Romeo there will be a great battle for backcourt minutes.  You would have both of them with Green and Jones and maybe you can play 3 of them at the same time.  I could see Phinisee red shirting next year to get a  year under his belt in the weight room.

These other visits could mean a few things. Family seems stand up. Maybe they are bring them in to let them know what their choice will be in person? Or perhaps they are so nice they can't say no? Or perhaps they just want to gather last second information to confirm their choice.

Plenty of ways to interpret. We've done what we can do. And just my opinion...Darius and Romeo start from day 1. 

I think it'll largely depend on matchups vs our opponents. If Green shows he can run the offense and take care of the ball then I could see him getting the start against teams with more size in the post and Garland spelling him off the bench....against smaller teams, do a tandem PG with him and Garland but with Green guarding their 3. Jones is the one who will likely be the odd man out in the starting line up but will probably still see plenty of minutes. I truly hope this "problem" does present itself in the future...

1 minute ago, Hoosier82 said:

I think it'll largely depend on matchups vs our opponents. If Green shows he can run the offense and take care of the ball then I could see him getting the start against teams with more size in the post and Garland spelling him off the bench....against smaller teams, do a tandem PG with him and Garland but with Green guarding their 3. Jones is the one who will likely be the odd man out in the starting line up but will probably still see plenty of minutes. I truly hope this "problem" does present itself in the future...

Teams very rarely change their starting lineup to match up with other teams. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Teams very rarely change their starting lineup to match up with other teams. 

I agree but I'd have a hard time seeing Archie playing Green against their "3" if said 3 were 6'7 or taller with post skills, especially when we have Justin Smith...it's a pretty minor adjustment in my opinion and one that wouldn't disrupt the offense. Most coaches just go to a zone rather than change the line up but I don't if Archie is willing to play zone d.

13 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

I agree but I'd have a hard time seeing Archie playing Green against their "3" if said 3 were 6'7 or taller with post skills, especially when we have Justin Smith...it's a pretty minor adjustment in my opinion and one that wouldn't disrupt the offense. Most coaches just go to a zone rather than change the line up but I don't if Archie is willing to play zone d.

Romeo is around 6'5 so he can guard the 3

Yeah, me too. Maybe I'm just over thinking it, but since there was so much smoke coming out about Garland, maybe we were just too hopeful that it was us. Maybe it was Vandy all along, and we mistakenly assumed it was us. We won't obviously know for sure until he makes his announcement-but I will be very curious to see whether or not there is a mass switch to Vandy here in the next day or so.

Archived