Big Ten Football

BeerBQ

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

The West division is proving to be even weaker than expected, but a big win by Purdue today.  The score was closer than the game was.  BC should have lost that one by 50.

I am curious as to how Iowa will look tonight.....but yeah the Boiler game wasn't even watchable.  They dominated from the get go.

Fearless Football picks-4 & 4  !  UGH!! Only 5 games involving Big Ten Teams in Week 5 ::

Predictions ::

1. Indiana 34 Rutgers 26 at Rutgers-NOON -BTN !!!

2. Michigan State 33 Central Michigan 18  at Michigan State -Noon on Fox Sports One !!

3.pee yew smellermakers 33 at Nebraska 29 (Nebraska sucks this year  ! This could get ugly for the 'shuckers ! 3:30 BTN

4.Michigan 35 at Northwestern 26 -4;30 FOX

5.  at Penn Stae 41 Bucknuts 37 -7:30 ABC

muck the smellemakers ,vbg !!

So, I’m a PSU football fan. I grew up in PA and Indiana. Not sure who all watched the PSU-OSU game, James Franklin reminds me of a slightly better (he’s a better recruiter) football version of Tom Crean. He’s basically a cheerleader during the games. 

Then, on 4th and 5 a minute left with a Heisman candidate QB who’s carried you all game, you run the ball up the middle with a RB who has negative yards in the game. Literally the worst playcall I’ve ever seen in FB. If I was McSorely I would be be going ballistic in the locker room. 

Just now, BGleas said:

So, I’m a PSU football fan. I grew up in PA and Indiana. Not sure who all watched the PSU-OSU game, James Franklin reminds me of a slightly better (he’s a better recruiter) football version of Tom Crean. He’s basically a cheerleader during the games. 

Then, on 4th and 5 a minute left with a Heisman candidate QB who’s carried you all game, you run the ball up the middle with a RB who has negative yards in the game. Literally the worst playcall I’ve ever seen in FB. If I was McSorely I would be be going ballistic in the locker room. 

That was beyond terrible. I could understand 4th and 1 or 2 but 5? Yikes that was awful. 

13 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That was beyond terrible. I could understand 4th and 1 or 2 but 5? Yikes that was awful. 

I feel horrible for Trace McSorely. In a situation like that you want the ball in your best players hands, and for PSU McSorely is by far, and it’s not even close, their best player. Taking the ball out of his hands is pathetic. 

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

He should’ve just called his own number there haha

He really should have. I sound like a broken record, but you have a 3-year starting senior QB, who is a heisman candidate, and has willed your team to wins, and has carried them in this game, and you run the ball up the middle, which hasn’t worked all game, on 4th and 5!?!?

Just awful. Franklin really does remind me of Crean. He’s a better/more consistent recruiter, but he’s also basically a cheerleader on the sidelines. 

8 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

Who cares? Nebraska is a pathetic zero win team who lost at home to Troy and you think a win against them prepares you for Iowa? Why?

I would cherish a win in Lincoln no matter what the Huskers record might be.  BTW, Nebraska amassed 582 total yards and 30 first downs against the Boilers.  They lost the game simply due to penalties and poor red zone defense.

15 minutes ago, rico said:

I would cherish a win in Lincoln no matter what the Huskers record might be.  BTW, Nebraska amassed 582 total yards and 30 first downs against the Boilers.  They lost the game simply due to penalties and poor red zone defense.

Purdue left a lot on the table too. Way too many dropped passes (one dropped TD) that would’ve sealed the game much earlier. 

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Agreed! Purdue’s first ever win in Lincoln (but only 3rd time they’ve ever played there). 

The old adage(which I firmly believe in) is to kick them when they are down!  I bet a lot of their former conference foes would relish the opportunity to waltz into Lincoln and rip the husks right off those ears of corn.

On 9/29/2018 at 11:58 PM, BGleas said:

The thing that pains me the most is that Ohio St and Urban benefit the most from that play call. I was staring at the tv going wtf is that play call? Franklin had a little interaction with a fan saying the same after the game. Unreal. 

37 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

The thing that pains me the most is that Ohio St and Urban benefit the most from that play call. I was staring at the tv going wtf is that play call? Franklin had a little interaction with a fan saying the same after the game. Unreal. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/james-franklins-explanation-of-fourth-down-call-vs-ohio-state-confuses-as-much-as-his-decision/

Archived