2018 Midterm Elections

Brass Cannon

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, rico said:

Pot calling the kettle black......I get it.

Lol 😝 the fact you think you have made a coherent argument at any point in your life is hilarious. No matter how many times you repeat Trump will you ever make a logical point. Because he spouts racist nonsense that plays well with the uneducated but lacks substance.  Probably why you are such a fan  

Hey is 4% still greater than 96% btw?

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't have the numbers so I'm sure someone can find. I know this is small sample size...but I can't tell you the number of self employed business owners (like myself) or other friends who employ hundreds....altered or changed health insurance to a point where it caused more harm (expense wise) than good. Sure. Millions of people got coverage. That I applaud. On the same token...millions either cancelled their insurance and are taking the tax hit.....or the employees can't afford the coverage they are provided. Obama did many things right...even in my Republican opinion....but health care wasn't one. 

I'll use myself as an example. Plan through IU Health was costing me $402/month. Been to the Dr 2x in 21 years. I finally said screw it and cancelled. The tax hit is 80% less than nearly $5k I was shelling out for coverage. 

The execution of Obama care left a lot to be desired. No arguments here. 

I was referencing how he moved the needle on health care to where we are today with the majority of Americans supporting Medicare for All and even the Koch brothers doing a study that shows the cost benefit of it. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

The execution of Obama care left a lot to be desired. No arguments here. 

I was referencing how he moved the needle on health care to where we are today with the majority of Americans supporting Medicare for All and even the Koch brothers doing a study that shows the cost benefit of it. 

The problem with Obamacare is it was a half measure. Any breaking bad fans will understand what I mean by that. 

40 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I will also note as a conservative I support universal healthcare. Why might you ask. Because I’m a fiscal conservative primarily and UH is cheaper. Even the Koch brothers found that to be true. 

UH is not cheaper. Being self employed, I saw my premium skyrocket and coverages get worse every year. It was unaffordable. I was paying more for healthcare than my mortgage. And that healthcare had a $5000 deductible that I was never going to meet. It was like having a catastrophic plan but paying 10x what those plans used to cost. I ended up not going in for routine visits since I figured I'm healthy and no need to waste more $. That same approach led  to a lot of people not getting the care they needed. 

Luckily, I found a health sharing plan with much better coverages for 1/3 the cost of the health insurance the govt wanted to force me to buy. 

Anyone with a high school economics class would know that a lack of competition and an increase in demand will raise prices. Furthermore service will suffer (see the VA). The way to lower costs is to reintroduce competition to the marketplace. If you shopped for doctors, hospitals and surgeries they way you shopped for a car, hotel room or flight prices would come down substantially.

10 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Explaining why something is wrong is not biased just because it doesn’t fit your narrative 

Your article did very little to explain what is wrong with the study. Their main argument is that the study was biased.

"The number comes from a conclusion by Just Facts, a conservative/libertarian think tank."

I guess its ok for your source to claim bias as the first reason to repudiate the results.  Sorry, I need more than that.

The article I linked explained the problems with the politifact narrative.

6 minutes ago, Reacher said:

UH is not cheaper. Being self employed, I saw my premium skyrocket and coverages get worse every year. It was unaffordable. I was paying more for healthcare than my mortgage. And that healthcare had a $5000 deductible that I was never going to meet. It was like having a catastrophic plan but paying 10x what those plans used to cost. I ended up not going in for routine visits since I figured I'm healthy and no need to waste more $. That same approach led  to a lot of people not getting the care they needed. 

Luckily, I found a health sharing plan with much better coverages for 1/3 the cost of the health insurance the govt wanted to force me to buy. 

Anyone with a high school economics class would know that a lack of competition and an increase in demand will raise prices. Furthermore service will suffer (see the VA). The way to lower costs is to reintroduce competition to the marketplace. If you shopped for doctors, hospitals and surgeries they way you shopped for a car, hotel room or flight prices would come down substantially.

Yes UH is cheaper. Countries with it pay less for their healthcare than we do  

The Koch Brothers even concluded this was true with a study over the summer. The Koch brothers are ultra conservative who formed a foundation to get republicans elected and even they say it’s cheaper. 

10 minutes ago, Reacher said:

1) it is cheaper

2) you've never had it unless you've lived abroad 

3) your anecdotal story would offer zero proof it isn't cheaper even if it had been relevant. 

2 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Your article did very little to explain what is wrong with the study. Their main argument is that the study was biased.

"The number comes from a conclusion by Just Facts, a conservative/libertarian think tank."

I guess its ok for your source to claim bias as the first reason to repudiate the results.  Sorry, I need more than that.

The article I linked explained the problems with the politifact narrative.

The article specifically said what was wrong with it.  Did you bother reading it?  From a sample of over 30000 they used 39 data points to extrapolate trends across the entire population. 

And once again Trumps own commission on election fraud deemed it as nonsense 

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

The article specifically said what was wrong with it.  Did you bother reading it?  From a sample of over 30000 they used 39 data points to extrapolate trends across the entire population. 

And once again Trumps own commission on election fraud deemed it as nonsense 

I read yours. Don't think you fully read mine. If you did you would have seen the flaws of your argument exposed-

"He believes the Harvard/YouGov researchers based their “zero” claim on two flawed assumptions. First, they assumed that people who said they voted and identified a candidate did not vote unless their names showed up in a database.

“This is illogical, because such databases are unlikely to verify voters who use fraudulent identities, and millions of noncitizens use them,” Mr. Agresti said.

He cites government audits that show large numbers of noncitizens use false IDs and Social Security numbers in order to function in the U.S., which could include voting.

Second, Harvard assumed that respondent citizens sometimes misidentified themselves as noncitizens but also concluded that noncitizens never misidentified themselves as citizens, Mr. Agresti said.

“This is irrational, because illegal immigrants often claim they are citizens in order to conceal the fact that they are in the U.S. illegally,” he said.

Some of the polled noncitizens denied they were registered to vote when publicly available databases show that they were, he said.

This conclusion, he said, is backed by the Harvard/YouGov study’s findings of consumer and vote data matches for 90 percent of participants but only 41 percent of noncitizen respondents."

I guess you believe 0 non citizens voted. Living in Chicagoland, I'm not that naive.

1 minute ago, Reacher said:

I read yours. Don't think you fully read mine. If you did you would have seen the flaws of your argument exposed-

"He believes the Harvard/YouGov researchers based their “zero” claim on two flawed assumptions. First, they assumed that people who said they voted and identified a candidate did not vote unless their names showed up in a database.

“This is illogical, because such databases are unlikely to verify voters who use fraudulent identities, and millions of noncitizens use them,” Mr. Agresti said.

He cites government audits that show large numbers of noncitizens use false IDs and Social Security numbers in order to function in the U.S., which could include voting.

Second, Harvard assumed that respondent citizens sometimes misidentified themselves as noncitizens but also concluded that noncitizens never misidentified themselves as citizens, Mr. Agresti said.

“This is irrational, because illegal immigrants often claim they are citizens in order to conceal the fact that they are in the U.S. illegally,” he said.

Some of the polled noncitizens denied they were registered to vote when publicly available databases show that they were, he said.

This conclusion, he said, is backed by the Harvard/YouGov study’s findings of consumer and vote data matches for 90 percent of participants but only 41 percent of noncitizen respondents."

I guess you believe 0 non citizens voted. Living in Chicagoland, I'm not that naive.

I don’t believe 5.7 million voted so I must believe 0 voted. 

And you continue to ignore the flaws in your nonsense.  Trumps own commission on election fraud doesn’t believe what you believe.

You can not base a national trend on 10% of 1%(thats .1%) of a 30,000 data set  

You are literally more brainwashed than the guys that Trump Hand picked to prove his ridiculous claim

30 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lol 😝 the fact you think you have made a coherent argument at any point in your life is hilarious. No matter how many times you repeat Trump will you ever make a logical point. Because he spouts racist nonsense that plays well with the uneducated but lacks substance.  Probably why you are such a fan  

Hey is 4% still greater than 96% btw?

People like you prey on the uneducated.  You want to keep name calling?  Go right ahead.  Use your comparisons and whatever you appear to do.

14 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yes UH is cheaper. Countries with it pay less for their healthcare than we do  

The Koch Brothers even concluded this was true with a study over the summer. The Koch brothers are ultra conservative who formed a foundation to get republicans elected and even they say it’s cheaper. 

13 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

1) it is cheaper

2) you've never had it unless you've lived abroad 

3) your anecdotal story would offer zero proof it isn't cheaper even if it had been relevant. 

The quality of care in the US far superior to that in many other countries.  When you look at speed, access, quality, etc... there is a reason we spend more and people still come here for healthcare.  Are costs should be much lower. Regulations and lack of competition (single payer) drive up our costs. Competition is slowly shaping the playing field here.  Medical tourism is on the rise and many in the US now go to other countries for cheaper and more advanced procedures. 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I don’t believe 5.7 million voted so I must believe 0 voted. 

And you continue to ignore the flaws in your nonsense.  Trumps own commission on election fraud doesn’t believe what you believe.

You can not base a national trend on 10% of 1%(thats .1%) of a 30,000 data set  

You are literally more brainwashed than the guys that Trump Hand picked to prove his ridiculous claim

You appear to me to be brainwashed by fake news liberal media with tired old disproven talking points. 

Would love to continue but I have to leave now. 

4 minutes ago, Reacher said:

The quality of care in the US far superior to that in many other countries.  When you look at speed, access, quality, etc... there is a reason we spend more and people still come here for healthcare.  Are costs should be much lower. Regulations and lack of competition (single payer) drive up our costs. Competition is slowly shaping the playing field here.  Medical tourism is on the rise and many in the US now go to other countries for cheaper and more advanced procedures. 

If quality of care is better here then why do they live longer 

3 minutes ago, Reacher said:

You appear to me to be brainwashed by fake news liberal media with tired old disproven talking points. 

Would love to continue but I have to leave now. 

Lol still can’t explain how .1 percent is a viable sample size so you are going to leave 

6 minutes ago, rico said:

People like you prey on the uneducated.  You want to keep name calling?  Go right ahead.  Use your comparisons and whatever you appear to do.

People like you tell people how 4 percent is larger than 96 percent and I am the one preying on the uneducated. Lol

uneducated people tend to agree with you and educated people tend to disagree. But people like me are preying on the uneducated. 

22 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

If quality of care is better here then why do they live longer

Not to defend the point but our diets are absolute shit and we put a lot of shit in our bodies in ways besides food that other countries don't or at least don't do at the same volumes we do

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Not to defend the point but our diets are absolute shit and we put a lot of shit in our bodies in ways besides food that other countries don't or at least don't do at the same volumes we do

Fair enough still doesn’t explain why our life expectancy went down recently for the first time in a while. 

But how about if our healthcare is better then why is infant mortality lower here?

Archived