Indiana vs Duke Pregame Thread

rbkl

I would love to see Archie's practices in these next three-four days. Short-handed IU has threaded three relatively lackluster performances against Arkansas, UT Arlington, and UC Davis. 

Bring on Coach K and the crazies!! (Btw, they are still ranked #1 in KP).

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe and this is a big maybe, we will be surprised like last year. No one gave us a chance and most of us were prepared to get destroyed leading in. I know that I am going to be watching to see how Romeo does against players that are on his level. Will his defense look ahead of what is expected, will he get his shot when and where he wants it, or will he look like a freshman?

Duke seems to rely heavily on its starting 5. I'd like to go inside early and often to Morgan and Davis. If we can get them in foul trouble, there will be a drop-off with their bench guys. Aside from Romeo, Morgan and Davis are also our two best offensive threats so feed the bigs and let the O run through them! 

14 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

OMG ! @ Duke.! How healthy will the Hoosiers be ?PS  . I agree that Conference  games ARE more important than any non conference game !

To a degree.  But you have to build your resume in the ooc games.  They will look at how you fared come Selection Sunday.

I think the effort and energy will be there.  If not, I think we are in more trouble than what Duke will do to us.  I mean, come on, if players can't get stoked to play at Duke than they have no real interest in basketball.  I think are progress has been severely impacted due to limited bodies in practice.

IU gets caught overlooking a young Duke team that is still developing in anticipation of the upcoming Northwestern and Penn State tilts.  Despite their inexperience, the young Blue Devils use the home court advantage to squeak out a 87-51 win over the more experienced Hoosiers.

Looking for us to cover the spread...not for gambling reasons, but the unbiased eye is in Vegas. Want to see us more competitive than we're given credit for.

Have to be very smart about defensive matchups for Romeo/Juwan. Need them both on the floor for >30 minutes.

Obviously no Zach and no Green would be devastating for our chances to keep this close. For an IU fan knowing what those 2 give us, they probably move the spread 8 points. For Vegas line makers, probably 0-2 points.

playing at Arkansas is tough.  however, they are unranked and Duke is currently #1.  playing in the environment at Arkansas is tough.  it's not like playing at Cameron though!  i agree that K has never been a big subber, but it's crazy how highly recruited the guys on their bench are.  losing this game isn't a big deal, but that's why winning the Arkansas one kind of was.  had we won that we'd be looking around #15 going into this one and the loss would just knock us down a little.  now it will help keep us from getting close to the top 25.  i know.  i know.  some on here say they don't care if we're ranked, but call me crazy... i'd like for the Hoosiers to be ranked.  

39 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

playing at Arkansas is tough.  however, they are unranked and Duke is currently #1.  playing in the environment at Arkansas is tough.  it's not like playing at Cameron though!  i agree that K has never been a big subber, but it's crazy how highly recruited the guys on their bench are.  losing this game isn't a big deal, but that's why winning the Arkansas one kind of was.  had we won that we'd be looking around #15 going into this one and the loss would just knock us down a little.  now it will help keep us from getting close to the top 25.  i know.  i know.  some on here say they don't care if we're ranked, but call me crazy... i'd like for the Hoosiers to be ranked.  

Rankings Are important.  However, not so much at this time of the season.  The time, IMHO, rankings are important are at the end of the season. All I can think of as an example of that is how many times Bruce Weber had his Illinois teams undefeated and ranked prior to conference play, only not to make the NCAAT. There is a time and place for everything.  Get past Duke, and let's climb up the ladder in terms of rankings.    And no... you are not crazy.  Just a passionate Hoosier fan. No different than any other one of us. 

Archived