2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

O'Neill would have never became the player he ended up being if he stayed in Cincinnati.  And, the funny thing is, when the trade first happened, it was more unpopular on the Yankee side than it was the Reds side.  

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2014/8/8/5980207/paul-oneill-yankees-trade-ceremony-monument-park-gene-michael-kelly

Meh, we will never know how it would have ended in Cincy.  

8 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

It's hard not to listen to Lou. Or hear him, anyway. 😂

So many bad trades during Lou's tenure.  I could blame Bowden, but to me they ideas came from the manager.  Oh well, I have gotten over it...I just haven't forgotten it!

Speaking of the Lou era. I heard my favorite nasty boy Rob Dibble on the radio a while back say in his career he hit 8 batters only 1 was a case of just losing control of the ball. Every other one went where he intended it to go. I found that very interesting  

I could never get my son to come too far inside or hit a guy in a meaty place. Hes a better man than I was, I had zero issue with leaving some stitching on an opponent. 

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Speaking of the Lou era. I heard my favorite nasty boy Rob Dibble on the radio a while back say in his career he hit 8 batters only 1 was a case of just losing control of the ball. Every other one went where he intended it to go. I found that very interesting  

I could never get my son to come too far inside or hit a guy in a meaty place. Hes a better man than I was, I had zero issue with leaving some stitching on an opponent. 

A few weeks ago, MLB network re-aired a documentary from a few years ago titled 'The Nasty Boys, the 1990 Cincinnati Reds'.  If you haven't seen it, it's definitely worth a watch.  Great piece.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I ain't too sure that Rob didn't hit Lou...it just wasn't with a baseball.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

I actually have a good long time friend, who has been a part of the Rockies front office since day one.  Thinking about giving him a call. And see what he says about your suggestion.

Deal him, or he might strap the organization.  But I have no problems with the Rock's decision.  Fine ball player.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Deal him, or he might strap the organization.  But I have no problems with the Rock's decision.  Fine ball player.

I can assure you.... the Rox will be better off financially with Nolan, than without him.  Many pre-season predictions have the Rox competing for the Division.  The crowds will be huge this year.

Oh, by the way.  Referring to the odd food thread in the Off Topic Forum...  The Rox have a stand  on the second deck, behind home plate, that offers Rocky Mountain Oysters.  Forget the hot dogs, the first place I head to at Coor's field . Always a long line.  It's a Colorado thing. 

Arenado is one of those guys, like Joey Votto, that needs to stay with the same organization his entire career.  Sure, it can sometimes limit what kind of changes an organization can make.  But, athletes that stay in one place, Dirk Nowitski for example, are good for their respective sports.

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Arenado is one of those guys, like Joey Votto, that needs to stay with the same organization his entire career.  Sure, it can sometimes limit what kind of changes an organization can make.  But, athletes that stay in one place, Dirk Nowitski for example, are good for their respective sports.

Not disputing that at all.  Barry Larkin is another one.  I just hope it doesn't hamstring the Rocks if they fall on hard times.  Arenado is a fine player.  

Archived