2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Meanwhile, Cubs’ fans kinda quiet here 😁

Discussed a bit yesterday but I've been trying to not overreact to the Cubs start. Cubs had 2 separate 5 or 6 game losing streaks last year and still won 95 games. Our bullpen is horrible but were 5% of the way into the season. I always wait 30-40 games before I start assessing things.

38 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Discussed a bit yesterday but I've been trying to not overreact to the Cubs start. Cubs had 2 separate 5 or 6 game losing streaks last year and still won 95 games. Our bullpen is horrible but were 5% of the way into the season. I always wait 30-40 games before I start assessing things.

I used to be that way too, until the Reds fired Tony Perez 44 games into is managerial career.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Was that Bowden that did that? Trying to remember. 

Yep it was Bowden.  The Reds were 19-18 heading into a west coast 7 game swing.  Returned home at 20-24 which put them 9 1/2 back at the time.  And Jim fired Tony.

I cut/paste this from twitter. Regarding Chris Davis/Orioles. Seems like just 3 years ago we was a lock for 1st/2nd round in most fantasy formats. 

Chris Davis hasn’t had a: - run scored since September 18, 2018 - hit since September 14, 2018 - RBI since September 4, 2018 - home run since August 24, 2018 - road home run since July 20, 2018 - batting average above .186 since October 1, 2017 The Orioles owe him $92 million.

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I cut/paste this from twitter. Regarding Chris Davis/Orioles. Seems like just 3 years ago we was a lock for 1st/2nd round in most fantasy formats. 

Chris Davis hasn’t had a: - run scored since September 18, 2018 - hit since September 14, 2018 - RBI since September 4, 2018 - home run since August 24, 2018 - road home run since July 20, 2018 - batting average above .186 since October 1, 2017 The Orioles owe him $92 million.

What a nice front office decision by the O's.  I guess I shouldn't be complaining so much about my Reds.

On 4/8/2019 at 9:05 AM, Seeking6 said:

And Davis sets a MLB record.........0-49.

4 minutes ago, rico said:

And Davis sets a MLB record.........0-49.

Simply amazing. Yeltich has had like 37 hits in that same time frame and pitchers overall are batting .122 while  Davis is sitting on a giant goose egg. I would feel sorry for him but with $110 M still coming I think he be alright

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Simply amazing. Yeltich has had like 37 hits in that same time frame and pitchers overall are batting .122 while  Davis is sitting on a giant goose egg. I would feel sorry for him but with $110 M still coming I think he be alright

Isn't it though.......well over 100 years of baseball history and a guy breaks a futility record in 2019 and gets paid handsomely for it.

4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

We often make comments like this in regards to professional athletics, but this is one of the rare times that I can say with absolute certainty.....I could do that. 

But the question ain't whether you could do it........it is can you get paid to do it?  LOL

I got to be honest, I have never seen anything like this especially from a guy that has put up good numbers in the past.  I have witnessed Steve Sax not being able to throw the ball to the first baseman.  Rick Ankiel not being able to throw the ball over the plate.  And Homer Bailey not being able to get a win.  But a guy going hitless in 50 AB's is rarified air no matter what level it is at.

56 minutes ago, rico said:

I got to be honest, I have never seen anything like this especially from a guy that has put up good numbers in the past.  I have witnessed Steve Sax not being able to throw the ball to the first baseman.  Rick Ankiel not being able to throw the ball over the plate.  And Homer Bailey not being able to get a win.  But a guy going hitless in 50 AB's is rarified air no matter what level it is at.

Chuck Knoblauch.  Gold Glove to beaning Olbermann's mother on a routine throw from 2nd. 

Archived