2019 MLB Discussion

rico

38 minutes ago, rico said:

With one big difference...the young Bonds was a threat on the basepaths.

Strange to say, but younger Griffey was the better power hitter, Bonds was the better base stealer. Reverse of what the common expectation would be.

When I looked at their career stats, I was surprised, Jr only stole more than 20 bases twice. That said, I'll still always remember Griffey blowing past 3rd in the 95 ALDS.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

Strange to say, but younger Griffey was the better power hitter, Bonds was the better base stealer. Reverse of what the common expectation would be.

When I looked at their career stats, I was surprised, Jr only stole more than 20 bases twice. That said, I'll still always remember Griffey blowing past 3rd in the 95 ALDS.

I think a lot people forget/forgot what Bonds was like pre-juice.

42 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I was around 13 when Bonds was still human and a few years after Griffey broke into the majors.  Bonds/Griffey was my age category's Mantle/Mays debate. 

My age category was Brett/Schmidt!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

And yet, somehow, he's one of 36 pitchers in MLB history to have 2 or more no hitters.

Very true, but he was never the pitcher the Reds thought he would become....sad.  I had such high hopes for him.

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just some baseball news. Cubs resign Kyle Hendricks. Theo traded Ryan Dempster and his 12 starts to Texas for 11 years worth of Kyle Hendricks. I'd say that trade has worked out. 

Great trade........Kyle is a dang fine SP.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Great trade........Kyle is a dang fine SP.

Not sure if I'm ready for baseball season yet but my mood will probably change tomorrow. Right now I'm in a strange position with all of my favorite teams. No more talk. Just perform and do it....and in an odd twist the team that has given me the most frustration over the last decade or so is the one I have the most confidence in (Bears). 

16 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Not sure if I'm ready for baseball season yet but my mood will probably change tomorrow. Right now I'm in a strange position with all of my favorite teams. No more talk. Just perform and do it....and in an odd twist the team that has given me the most frustration over the last decade or so is the one I have the most confidence in (Bears). 

I am ready...just hope my season lasts past April.  Go Reds......

Archived