2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I thought the hitting would be a strength but they are struggling big time but the pitching has been good.

Hitting is struggling to the tune of a .167 team BA.  Schebler and Winker are a combined 0-30.  Puig and Kemp are a combined 4-28.  So the outfield is on fire right now.  The good news, team ERA sits at 3.00.

5 hours ago, rico said:

Hitting is struggling to the tune of a .167 team BA.  Schebler and Winker are a combined 0-30.  Puig and Kemp are a combined 4-28.  So the outfield is on fire right now.  The good news, team ERA sits at 3.00.

To me Winker and Schebler are not every day outfielders and that is the area needs improving over the next couple of years.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Reds shut out for the second day in a row and 3rd time in 6 games.

Pitiful.....just pitiful.  Looks like no sports package for me again this year.  The "Deads" better pick it up as they are teetering on losing my fandom.

7 minutes ago, rico said:

Pitiful.....just pitiful.  Looks like no sports package for me again this year.  The "Deads" better pick it up as they are teetering on losing my fandom.

I kept flipping back to the Reds game but at 9PM I watched Assembly call so I did not see the last 2 innings.

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Did I read it correctly that the Reds only had like 7k at the game some night last week?

That might be a tad strong...but they did set an all-time low for attendance in one game.  But I think it was 40 degrees out.

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds just got shutout for the 3rd straight game losing 2-0.  They are now 1-6 and have been shutout 4 times and scored 11 total runs in those 7 games.  Tonight two teams scored 10 runs in a game tonight and compare that to the Reds 11 in 7 games.

The bats gotta come alive sometime......right?  Ugh.

13 minutes ago, rico said:

The bats gotta come alive sometime......right?  Ugh.

Could be worse. Cubs are averaging just under 7 runs per game and are 1-6. Never thought I would type this after only 7 games but there better be some movement before today's game in the bullpen. There are 3-4 gas cans down there that just don't belong on the roster anymore. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Could be worse. Cubs are averaging just under 7 runs per game and are 1-6. Never thought I would type this after only 7 games but there better be some movement before today's game in the bullpen. There are 3-4 gas cans down there that just don't belong on the roster anymore. 

Any possibility that Joe gets shown the door early?

11 minutes ago, rico said:

Any possibility that Joe gets shown the door early?

Logic says no way. Depends on who you believe though. Theo is the best in the business which tells me he was handcuffed a bit from ownership in the off season on making moves for bullpen. But to that point the Cubs have spent every year since Ricketts bought the team so that doesn't make sense either. 

I'm a Maddon fan so I believe this isn't a Joe issue. The players have to play and perform. Simple as that in my book. 

42 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Logic says no way. Depends on who you believe though. Theo is the best in the business which tells me he was handcuffed a bit from ownership in the off season on making moves for bullpen. But to that point the Cubs have spent every year since Ricketts bought the team so that doesn't make sense either. 

I'm a Maddon fan so I believe this isn't a Joe issue. The players have to play and perform. Simple as that in my book. 

Kimbrel is still unsigned so that would be a good choice for the bullpen

Archived