2019 MLB Discussion

rico

Closer market just got a little more interesting. Initially Cardinals said they thought Jordan Hicks wasn't serious. Few days later it trickled out it was his UCL. Just announced he'll have Tommy John surgery today. So he's out I would assume until at least July of 2020 if not all next season. Will be curious how aggressive they become. Weigh pro cons if they think they can win it or not. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw on one of the Reds message boards that the Yankees was interested in Red's pitcher Louis Castillio.  I guess the Yankees think that some of these smaller markets are their to be their minor league affiliate and anytime they come coming they think they can get whatever they want.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Saw on one of the Reds message boards that the Yankees was interested in Red's pitcher Louis Castillio.  I guess the Yankees think that some of these smaller markets are their to be their minor league affiliate and anytime they come coming they think they can get whatever they want.

Why not? Back in the 60s it was the Kansas City A's.

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would imagine most teams will come calling. He's having a breakout year. Under contract until 2023. Now it's up to the Reds to decide should they part with him or get max return on a player.....they've messed this scenario up so many times I'm not sure which way they'll go. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I would imagine most teams will come calling. He's having a breakout year. Under contract until 2023. Now it's up to the Reds to decide should they part with him or get max return on a player.....they've messed this scenario up so many times I'm not sure which way they'll go. 

The first  player I would ask for is Torres and  a few more of their top prospects

34 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Closer market just got a little more interesting. Initially Cardinals said they thought Jordan Hicks wasn't serious. Few days later it trickled out it was his UCL. Just announced he'll have Tommy John surgery today. So he's out I would assume until at least July of 2020 if not all next season. Will be curious how aggressive they become. Weigh pro cons if they think they can win it or not. 

Yeah, curious as to how this plays out for the Cards.

31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That be Luis...and history has taught me that the Yanks are bad trade partners for the Reds.

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

"Messed up" is an understatement.  F***** up is more like it.  

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You mean you did not like the Chapman trade that brought us 4 scrubs including Rookie Davis

Not one bit...that was pitiful.  But I still have a bad taste in my mouth about the O'Neil trade.  I just don't want the Reds to do business with the Yanks...period.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Not one bit...that was pitiful.  But I still have a bad taste in my mouth about the O'Neil trade.  I just don't want the Reds to do business with the Yanks...period.

Certain teams in all sports that when they come calling the price goes up by 25%. Yankees being one of them. Haha. They do have a ton of prospects though. Might be the best approach. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Certain teams in all sports that when they come calling the price goes up by 25%. Yankees being one of them. Haha. They do have a ton of prospects though. Might be the best approach. 

Did I mention that I hate the Yankees?  ¬¬

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Most of the Yankees everyday players prospects are in the low minors. That's always a gamble.

They do have some pictches that may be major league ready, but no one I think the Reds would be interested in.

The Reds can ask for Gleyber Torres, but I think the Yankees would be nuts to do that, even on a 1-1 trade. Torres is 22 and already an all-star prospect.

1 minute ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

While you guys might not like trading with the Yanks, on the opposite, every time the Yanks negotiate with other team, they all ask for multi top flight players from them.

Believe me when I say they"he been screwed before.

No problem trading with the Yankees. Regardless of what we gave up...Yanks helped us win title with Chapman. For that I'll always be open to trading with them. 

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No problem trading with the Yankees. Regardless of what we gave up...Yanks helped us win title with Chapman. For that I'll always be open to trading with them. 

That trade worked out as far as the Cubs getting a title.  They also made a trade in 1984 to win the division, but I think they would have been better off keeping Joe Carter.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

That trade worked out as far as the Cubs getting a title.  They also made a trade in 1984 to win the division, but I think they would have been better off keeping Joe Carter.

Sutcliffe gave us the 84 division, I think had the most wins in 87 and another division title in 89. I loved Carter but it worked out pretty well for both. 

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sutcliffe gave us the 84 division, I think had the most wins in 87 and another division title in 89. I loved Carter but it worked out pretty well for both. 

It worked out well for both, but Carter has rings.

Yep, Sutcliffe worked out well. Buckner for Eckersley (and another player from the Bosox if I remember correctly) was a good deal too in 84.

Best trade the Cubs ever made was Ivan DeJesus for Bowa and that other guy (Sandberg). That other guy helped out a lot in 84.

Archived