2019 MLB Discussion

rico

27 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

FWIW...… The Yankees team homerun streak continues and is now 31 straight games.

You may now continue the Cubs, Cards, Reds love fest......

As long as you are an IU fan...you can root for whoever you want to in MLB.  Did I mention I hate the Yankees?  LOL,  all good man.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

FWIW...… The Yankees team homerun streak continues and is now 31 straight games.

You may now continue the Cubs, Cards, Reds love fest......

Ok, ok, ok...I'll break out my favorite story that includes the Yankees and the Reds...

Pete Rose got the nickname "Charlie Hustle" after sprinting to first in a spring training game in, I think, 1963...It was given to him by Mickey Mantle and Whitey Ford...

And it wasn't a compliment...

14 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Tyler Skaggs, Nick Adenhart, Donnie Moore...all Angels pitchers and all terribly sad...

Terrible news. Speaking of Angel's pitchers i ran into former Angel's pitcher Alex Meyer yesterday. Sad to see his career cut short due to injury. Terrific young man

I need a win. A few them to end this half. I'm on a group text with 3 other Cubs fans. It reached 140+ last night. To say our brethren is fired up is saying it lightly. I think I said it on here a couple weeks ago...but I could see Theo moving as many as 7-8 guys here soon. PS...Cubs are 10-20 with Addison Russell in the lineup since his return from suspension. That coinciding with Zobrist going Al Gore we're just struggling. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I need a win. A few them to end this half. I'm on a group text with 3 other Cubs fans. It reached 140+ last night. To say our brethren is fired up is saying it lightly. I think I said it on here a couple weeks ago...but I could see Theo moving as many as 7-8 guys here soon. PS...Cubs are 10-20 with Addison Russell in the lineup since his return from suspension. That coinciding with Zobrist going Al Gore we're just struggling. 

Interesting on the Russell thing.

I'll be honest.. I'm a fair weather Reds fan. (Just enjoy the college game A LOT more)... but I enjoy Puig. 17 HRs 45 RBIs BA and OBP need to come up a little. He does have 13 SB this season (career high is 15). I just think he plays hard, I think he legitimately cares. 

Tonight.. 9th inning he tags from first on ball hit to center with 2 outs to get to 2nd. 

Then.. 11th inning he singles with 2 outs. Forces 3 throw overs.. Iglesias singles, Puig goes 1st to 3rd.. errant throw to cutoff, he hustles and scores. Love it. Game over Reds win. 

Btw I was typing this before the 11th inning play happened. 

8 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Well, I guess it had to happen sometime. The Yankees homerun streak ended at 31 game. Plus they lost to the lowly Mutts!!

Ugghhh....

Have you ever read "Ball Four" by former Yankee Jim Bouton?

The media sharks in Chicago are starting to circle Joe Maddon.

My guess is that if the Cubs continue this downward spiral, he'll be gone before the end of July. The reports of locker room lethargy are particularly disturbing.

We're definitely not getting our $6 million dollars worth this year.

Archived