Purdue Game Thread

1 minute ago, AshtonHershey said:

You don't think Romeo, Morgan, and a roster of four stars is enough to beat Nebraska at home or show a pulse in a rivalry game? At some point the Kool-Aid pitcher runs out. 

Agreed. At some point the coach has to be held somewhat accountable. Yes there are injuries but playing McRoberts is killing us. And that’s on the coach...

Not saying run Archie out but it’s been excuse after excuse for years now. I just want to see my team play smart, hard, and compete every game. I don’t think that’s too much to ask. It’s not as if there is no talent on this team. They just seem to have given up...like they just don’t care at this point. 

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

We need to go back to recruiting Indiana style of players who play hard and with some emotion.  This team just sleeps walk through games and it is disturbing that they can't come out with a lot of emotion and energy against Purdue. I guess I have to realize that the IU basketball I grew p no longer exists.  Watching games it made me wonder who was the first coach to decide it is better to play basketball with a lot of dribbling over passing and moving.  What use to make basketball so great to watch was there was always movement with little dribbling.

I keep seeing people talking about playing with EMOTION. Some players are better being even keel. I played with a ton of emotion and it usually hurt me, some it helps. I’m not worried about the emotion, I want players that can freaking shoot!

1 minute ago, HOOSIER1321 said:

As long as people like you accept mediocrity it is. But it’s not to those of us who grew up when IU basketball was an institution. We just want it to be what is was and can be again. 

And you want a magic wand. I don't blame your consistently negative attitude. It's gotta suck living in a world where you think that's possible.

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Very frustrating game. I still like Archie, but we are coming pretty close to the point in time where it is fair to question him. 

He has not adjusted well to this teams limitations. 

Not even close. Archie will get his guys in here but year 1.3 is not the time to start questioning things. That's why IU is in the position we're in. Be better. 

Just now, Hoosrnight said:

I keep seeing people talking about playing with EMOTION. Some players are better being even keel. I played with a ton of emotion and it usually hurt me, some it helps. I’m not worried about the emotion, I want players that can freaking shoot!

Amen. Even better...shoot and be able to play defense as well! We went from JBJ and no defense to defense and no shooters. 

3 minutes ago, macomb hoosier said:

Knight got smoked by Keady at W. Lafayette more than a couple times with All Americas on his team. I don't think people were saying fire him and bring back Branch.

Anytime you want to compare Knights record to the last 20 years feel free. It’s not just about losing to Purdue. Be real here

As much anguish as it is to say, we are wasting Romeo. Hopefully, he will stay another year, but that is doubtful. We are not a very good team. I do not see this team, ( as it is now) even sniffing the tournament. BUT, ( not at THIS forum) all the comments and vitriol on social media is unbecoming of a program like IU. Or so I thought. It is LUDICROUS to suggest getting rid of Archie after 2 seasons. Who would want to coach here after that? ( as I watch Clifton Moore on a bad foul) better days are ahead, but it is really really much darker than anyone in Hoosierland thought possible before the season. 

5 minutes ago, Hoosrnight said:

Yeah playing with emotion is really hurting Purdue today

Archived