Purdue Game Thread

This season seems to be going south.  None of us know how CAM will do at IU, but the guy is a good coach and it is hard to imagine that we would be able to go out an find much better.  It is possible that Crean left the program not much better than he found it, and that the termites have dined well and deep on this once blue blood program.  If we are not top 2-3 in Big Ten by year 5 or 6, than it likely won't happen.  Would have liked Morgan to have a successful team his Senior year.  I guess he went 0 for 4.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Yes, if you guys expect some sort of magic button to be pushed and IU all of a sudden to be what they were in the 70s and 80s again, it is most definitely on you and your unrealistic expectations. These things don't happen over night. Archie has been here for less than two years. He's just gonna come in and make us incredible with a snap of his fingers? Get real.

How long have you been preaching that?  This isn’t the first great hope.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

We need to go back to recruiting Indiana style of players who play hard and with some emotion.  This team just sleeps walk through games and it is disturbing that they can't come out with a lot of emotion and energy against Purdue. I guess I have to realize that the IU basketball I grew p no longer exists.  Watching games it made me wonder who was the first coach to decide it is better to play basketball with a lot of dribbling over passing and moving.  What use to make basketball so great to watch was there was always movement with little dribbling.

You can always watch golden st.  

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Just crazy talk. Out of respect for the board I'll keep it clean but us not hiring the right guy and changing every 5 years is where were at. 

Like I said, not willing to throw in the towel but I am not willing to do a five year rebuild before I judge either.  This team has had injury issues and I get thematic but we appear to be lesser than the sum of our parts to me.

I do not know if that is an Archie problem or a chemistry issue, but we have not been worth a crap in the almost 20 years since I left IU.  That was do to bad hires and sticking with the wrong guys well past their expiration date.

Glass made a questionable football hire in my mind and Archie had the pedigree but I want wins.  Tired of moral victories and waiting.  I know this program is capable of so much more than we have seen the last 20 years.  If there are players that are a problem, they need to be told to leave.  We have pieces on this team that should be performing better than they are, injuries or not.

2 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Yes, if you guys expect some sort of magic button to be pushed and IU all of a sudden to be what they were in the 70s and 80s again, it is most definitely on you and your unrealistic expectations. These things don't happen over night. Archie has been here for less than two years. He's just gonna come in and make us incredible with a snap of his fingers? Get real.

So asking to play with energy or just play smart is unrealistic. And you can continue to say the the last two years, but what most of us are saying is it’s been nearly 20 years of this. 

5 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

LOL, here come the "is Archie the right guy" folks. As if y'all expected our roster to have different players today.

You don't think Romeo, Morgan, and a roster of four stars is enough to beat Nebraska at home or show a pulse in a rivalry game? At some point the Kool-Aid pitcher runs out. 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

We need to go back to recruiting Indiana style of players who play hard and with some emotion.  This team just sleeps walk through games and it is disturbing that they can't come out with a lot of emotion and energy against Purdue. I guess I have to realize that the IU basketball I grew p no longer exists.  Watching games it made me wonder who was the first coach to decide it is better to play basketball with a lot of dribbling over passing and moving.  What use to make basketball so great to watch was there was always movement with little dribbling.

Yes Bob Knight is way gone and isn't coming back. Its been how many years now.

3 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

What do you think Archie is doing? Did you lose access to the recruiting board?

I am not just talking about kids from Indiana but the type of kid I am talking about.  guys that know how to play the game and can actually shoot the ball. Kids that play with passion and grit and who hates to lose.

1 minute ago, AshtonHershey said:

You don't think Romeo, Morgan, and a roster of four stars is enough to beat Nebraska at home or show a pulse in a rivalry game? At some point the Kool-Aid pitcher runs out. 

Kool aid drinkers who have accepted mediocrity. I will never be that guy. Don’t care what others think. I know what IU basketball should be 

13 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Brad Stevens or Billy Donovan aint walkin through the door to save the day. Archie was a good hire for what IU bball is in the present.

All due respect, if you make your hires based on where you are at in the present, you are never getting very far.

I am trying to be patient but the patience is worn very thin.  It is not just the losing (which ticks me off to begin with) it is the inept way in which we are losing that really has me irritated.

4 minutes ago, HOOSIER1321 said:

So asking to play with energy or just play smart is unrealistic. And you can continue to say the the last two years, but what most of us are saying is it’s been nearly 20 years of this. 

Knight got smoked by Keady at W. Lafayette more than a couple times with All Americas on his team. I don't think people were saying fire him and bring back Branch.

Archived