Iowa Pregame Thread

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

When: Thursday, 2/7 at 9pm ET on ESPN

Vegas: TBD

ESPN: #29 Iowa vs #41 IU.  57% chance of IU victory with an expected margin of IU +2

KenPom: #22 Iowa vs #45 IU. 53% chance of IU victory with an expected score of IU 76, Iowa 75

IU will need to make 3s at a good clip again in this game. Iowa can really stroke it from the arc and are capable of running away with a game. They shot 15-21 from 3 against the Illini. MI was only 24% from 3 in their loss to Iowa, while IA was 43%.

2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

IU will need to make 3s at a good clip again in this game. Iowa can really stroke it from the arc and are capable of running away with a game. They shot 15-21 from 3 against the Illini. MI was only 24% from 3 in their loss to Iowa, while IA was 43%.

run em off the 3 pt line with pitch forks I tell ya!

Iowa is dangerous.  Garza and Cook are big bodies underneath.  Cook is a borderline NBA caliber player.  Garza just hustles all the time and is a double double kind of guy.  Bohannon can shoot the 3 if left open as can Bear off the bench.  Their Point is McCaffery who is not a point by nature but by necessity.  Moss can be dangerous off the bench if he get hot from 3.  Wisecamp is their stud freshman who can score from anywhere and really like taking it to the rim.  They have Kreener off the bench who doesn't usually do a whole lot but had a terrific game against Mich and put up like 22.  But they are not the best defensive team so we can score.  We will definitely need to put up some threes to match pace.

I say this game is a toss up.  I don't know which Indiana team is going to show up.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Big question.  Anybody going fishing instead of watching this game ?   Rhetorical question.  No need to answer.  I am sure everyone has jumped back on the IU ship, after the MSU game.Time to get out of here.

Actually, I will be going with my Jonah personality and not watching or listening to the game to make sure my jinx is not in play! That and the game starts after my bedtime as I get up at 4:30.:coffee:

I won’t be watching or checking the score. That worked great in the MSU game so I’ll keep going with it until they lose again 😂😂

Iowa will be tough even at the Hall. If the team that played MSU shows up I think we win if the team that was on the 7 game losing streak shows up we will get run out of the gym. 

4 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

Well, I’ll join those not jinxing and guess I’ll have to drive around in my car again for most of the game, lol!  And stop at BP. Wait - what was I wearing?? 😂. Go Hoosiers!!

You would have to bring up the "what was I wearing" thing.  Dang, I can't remember what I had on under my bibs.  But I know I had my IU sock hat on.  Fish on.......and Go Hoosiers!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, rico said:

You would have to bring up the "what was I wearing" thing.  Dang, I can't remember what I had on under my bibs.  But I know I had my IU sock hat on.  Fish on.......and Go Hoosiers!!!!!!!!!

Haven't a clue what I was wearing, just know I was ignoring the game the best I could!

No clue what to expect. I'd like to think after showing the stones it took to win at Michigan St that we come out and play really well in front of the home fans. Of course normal and reasonable expectations no longer apply in college basketball. 

I'm guessing another close one.

Archived