How do we make the NCAA tourney

Indykev

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Is that correct? Even if we win and OSU loses, don't they get the 8 seed by virtue of their win over us?

Screenshot_20190308-065956_Chrome.jpg

A 3 way tie is broken by record against all tied opponents. We were 2-1 combined against OSU and UI. OSU was 2-1 also, and UI was 1-3. Next tiebreaker is record against the top finishing regular season team or teams. OSU is 0-for UM/Purdue/MSU. As long as MSU wins, we'd get the 8. If UM wins, it'd go to the winning percentage of D1 opponents.

We need to root for Kentucky over Florida, Nova over Seton hall, UCF over temple, BC over nc state, Cuse over Clemson, Arkansas over Bama, Arizona over ASU, and Bucky over the Buckeyes. 

Then of course IU holding serve against Rutgers

I think most if not all of the above games are tomorrow, IU on Sunday 

16 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Here's how KenPom sees the BTT shaping out:

image.png.1dbcaf80877867e41d1dc89a1a71da5d.png

image.thumb.png.ef4d52d307dcb9b205fba339f6c23fc8.png

That's the exact bracket I'd like to see. I think if we play the way we have been playing (and OSU continues to play the way they've been playing), we can beat OSU with or without Wesson. 

We can beat Sparty again too, and that would set us up with Bucky. I can honestly say if we play smart, hard, don't turn the ball over, and shoot half way decently, we've got a shot here.

12 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I think we win that matchup with OSU. We're a better team, right now.

But need to take care of business and win the home game against Rutgers first.

We need to pound the Buckeyes. Four programs that really need to receive a message from IU are OSU, Purdue, Wisky and Butler. Two down so far this year.

4 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I’d rather not have to play Sparty a third time. It’s hard to beat the same team three times in a year. 

On one hand, I absolutely believe this.

On the other hand, I'd love to see another round of Rob vs Winston. 

13 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I’d rather not have to play Sparty a third time. It’s hard to beat the same team three times in a year. 

Normally I agree but I just feel for whatever reason we match up better with Sparty instead of Michigan. All I'm concerned about right now is the next 2. We win our next 2 games and we're in. 

2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

A 3 way tie is broken by record against all tied opponents. We were 2-1 combined against OSU and UI. OSU was 2-1 also, and UI was 1-3. Next tiebreaker is record against the top finishing regular season team or teams. OSU is 0-for UM/Purdue/MSU. As long as MSU wins, we'd get the 8. If UM wins, it'd go to the winning percentage of D1 opponents.

Ah, thanks...Yep, you are correct. But even if UM wins according to the tiebreakers, we'd still get nod by way of beating MSU twice and OSU going ofer the top 3?

2. If the remaining teams are still tied, then each tied team’s record shall be compared to the team occupying the highest position in the final regular-season standings, continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.

27 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Ah, thanks...Yep, you are correct. But even if UM wins according to the tiebreakers, we'd still get nod by way of beating MSU twice and OSU going ofer the top 3?

2. If the remaining teams are still tied, then each tied team’s record shall be compared to the team occupying the highest position in the final regular-season standings, continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.

And you'd be correct. 

Archived