How do we make the NCAA tourney

Indykev

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, rico said:

Then why do we care what they do?  But they don't care what we do?  Nonsensical.

You serious? They’re a couple spots ahead of us and several of them losing today + IU beating Rutgers would have put them all close to equal going into conference tourney season. 

Them winning games better than a Rutgers win adds further separation and as my fellow Cincinnatian above me says, now we need 2 in the BTT. They’ve done their work and we were already behind them (in most people’s eyes) so they don’t really care what happens with our game tomorrow. If it was MSU tomorrow that’d be different. Damn man, that make any sense?

Just now, 94hoosier said:

Out resume is better than most bubble teams and some teams that the experts have in. We have 5 top 30 net wins. Mist don’t have 5 quad one wins 

only one bracket counts. 

I agree but we haven't been thought of as a tourney team for awhile so perception is we have ground to make up.  And with subjective matters like the NCAA tournament selection, perception is often reality. 

5 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

I agree but we haven't been thought of as a tourney team for awhile so perception is we have ground to make up.  And with subjective matters like the NCAA tournament selection, perception is often reality. 

That maybe be by the so called experts. The selection committee might look at our resume and have us in. Not a bubble. Our wins are very good and our overall record is amazing similar to the other 10 to 12 seeds. Our quality wins with a win tomorrow and 1 in BTT should put us in

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Man, I never thought Bubble Madness could engulf our fanbase like this.

I know right, no matter what teams win or loose this weekend we can only point the finger at ourselves!  I just hope for once we win the Big tournament and make the NCAA tournament with no questions whether we deserve to be in or not!

1 hour ago, rico said:

You didn't grasp what I said....other "bubble" teams are rooting against us.  They are cheering for Rutgers to beat us.  Does that make any dang sense.

Oh yea bring on the haters :)

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

We're going to have to play our way in. Won't be handed to us. Given the way this season has been, that shouldn't be a surprise.

As long as we play the way we have the last few games, that doesn't worry me either.

Honestly I’d feel better if we earned an auto bid so no one can tell us we didn’t deserve the spot. And honestly we certainly don’t deserve anything handed to us this season.

10 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Oh yea bring on the haters :)

Honestly I’d feel better if we earned an auto bid so no one can tell us we didn’t deserve the spot. And honestly we certainly don’t deserve anything handed to us this season.

I'd feel a lot better if we earned an auto bid, because it would mean we finally won the *censored* *censored* Big 10 Tournament. 

So, if the committee is actually going to take into account Zion Williamson's injury for Duke's seeding, then that would necessitate our injury situation being a criteria for judgement as well.

Also, I have a hard time believing team A with 19/20 wins but something like 1 win over the top 25 or only 1-2 quad one wins gets in ahead of a team like IU with 5-6 quad one wins, three wins over top 10 teams, four top 25 wins, no quad 3 OR 4 losses, and a season sweep of MSU.  If IU finishes with at least 18 wins, I find it nearly incomprehensible that any rational person could look at those two resumes and say, "Yes, but IU only has 18 wins.  They don't have that one extra win over Directional South Dakota."

This, alongside the fact that the Big Ten has 20 conference games this year, makes me think we are going to find out that a lot of the so-called experts don't really know how to predict the bubble with the new evaluation system.

8 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I'd feel a lot better if we earned an auto bid, because it would mean we finally won the *censored* *censored* Big 10 Tournament. 

I feel like my buddy.....all he wanted was to see the Cubs win the WS before he died.  That is how I feel about the BTT.  Dear Lord, just give one.  Paleeze Sweet Baby Jesus, just one BTT championship.  Before I die.

4 minutes ago, rico said:

I feel like my buddy.....all he wanted was to see the Cubs win the WS before he died.  That is how I feel about the BTT.  Dear Lord, just give one.  Paleeze Sweet Baby Jesus, just one BTT championship.  Before I die.

If a BTT win is the opening act for #6, sign me up as well. 

Just now, Zlinedavid said:

If a BTT win is the opening act for #6, sign me up as well. 

I have been around for 3 National Championships, 2 other FF's, multiple Big Ten regular season championships........that BTT title is the "Holy Grail" to me right now.  Oh please Jesus, just give me one.  

1 hour ago, HoagieRoll said:

You serious? They’re a couple spots ahead of us and several of them losing today + IU beating Rutgers would have put them all close to equal going into conference tourney season. 

Them winning games better than a Rutgers win adds further separation and as my fellow Cincinnatian above me says, now we need 2 in the BTT. They’ve done their work and we were already behind them (in most people’s eyes) so they don’t really care what happens with our game tomorrow. If it was MSU tomorrow that’d be different. Damn man, that make any sense?

I think you two are closer to agreement than meets the eye.

Those ahead of us on the bubble absolutely do care what we do.  The Rutgers game matters (as we lose, IUs NCAA tourney hopes are probably lost as well).  They care what we do because we win vs Rutgers, the weight of past victories ( as you mention MSU, our sweep of them ) are not just relevant, but gaining weight.  Bubble teams will be nervous as IUs body of work continues to improve with additional victories.  The biggest point is that the selection committee looks at the whole body of work.  Each IU game has been a tourney game since our 2nd victory over MSU.  You may believe those ahead of us on the bubble don't care what we do but I can assure you 6 quad 1 wins say otherwise which is to say why we are nervous with 14 losses.

Archived