How do we make the NCAA tourney

Indykev

3 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Not understanding (other than our losing streak) how Florida is in with the same record as us but a lot less Quad 1 wins.

Losing streak is offset with the current winning streak.  These "bracketologists" need to get past that. IU had a lot of injuries and a very rugged schedule. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Losing streak is offset with the current winning streak.  These "bracketologists" need to get past that. IU had a lot of injuries and a very rugged schedule. 

I noticed during the broadcast yesterday that Jess Settles stated that the committee does take injuries and end of season play into account which is in contradiction to what I've read. Not sure if he knew what he was talking about but thought it was interesting. 

8 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

I noticed during the broadcast yesterday that Jess Settles stated that the committee does take injuries and end of season play into account which is in contradiction to what I've read. Not sure if he knew what he was talking about but thought it was interesting. 

In the past they have looked at that.  Kenyon Martin immediately comes to mind as far as injuries go.  Penn St. one year was on fire at the end of the year and got in.  Like I said that was the past, who knows this year concerning what the committee is really looking at.  They say what they are, but are they really?

44 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It makes no sense whatsoever. There's a reason Lunardi is one of the worst rated at brakets. Having Texas in right now is basically saying you think they're going to win the Big 12 Tournament, because any loss in that tournament gives them 16 for the season. Nobody is getting in with 16 losses. 

Heck, if they don't win the next game they are .500 on the season. Can they even make the NIT with a record like that?

9 minutes ago, HoagieRoll said:

Beat OSU and none of this matters. 

Though it is frustrating to see Texas and Florida still up there, I have faith come selection Sunday at least one of them doesn’t even get in. 

Agree 100% here, beat OSU and nothing else matters as we should be in with an "At Large Bid".  If we make a DEEP run in the Big Ten tourney, it makes all the clowns that have IU nowhere near the "Last 4 in" look silly.

Welp. Can't believe I'm even researching this. Here's the committee. Maybe Chris can help us out in the room a little?

Other Committee Members Include:

• Mitch Barnhart, director of athletics, University of Kentucky
  • Tom Burnett, commissioner, Southland Conference
  • Janet Cone, director of athletics, University of North Carolina Asheville
  • Bernadette McGlade, commissioner, Atlantic 10 Conference
  • Michael O’Brien, vice president and director of athletics, University of Toledo
  • Jim Phillips, vice president for athletics and recreation, Northwestern University
  • Chris Reynolds, vice president for intercollegiate athletics, Bradley University
  • Craig Thompson, commissioner, Mountain West Conference
  • Kevin White, director of athletics, Duke University

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Welp. Can't believe I'm even researching this. Here's the committee. Maybe Chris can help us out in the room a little?

Other Committee Members Include:

• Mitch Barnhart, director of athletics, University of Kentucky
  • Tom Burnett, commissioner, Southland Conference
  • Janet Cone, director of athletics, University of North Carolina Asheville
  • Bernadette McGlade, commissioner, Atlantic 10 Conference
  • Michael O’Brien, vice president and director of athletics, University of Toledo
  • Jim Phillips, vice president for athletics and recreation, Northwestern University
  • Chris Reynolds, vice president for intercollegiate athletics, Bradley University
  • Craig Thompson, commissioner, Mountain West Conference
  • Kevin White, director of athletics, Duke University

Lol, both Duke and UK ADs.  Completely unbiased.

Brackets that have tcu, temple, Belmont, Texas, Florida, Alabama in and iu out are crazy. The 5 top 30 wins are huge. Our overall record it comparable to most of those. We also rate out well against OSU and Minnesota

Beat Osu and we are in

might evem surprise with 10 seed. We are in better shape than most think we are. 

As much as I want IU to get in the tournament I still like seeing teams like Belmont get a chance as well.  It is not their fault that no one will play them in the non conference and it is hard for them to schedule quad 1or 2 games.  I have always enjoyed watched Belmont because they run a very efficient offense with a lot of shooters.   I have a hard time seeing teams like us and UT with a barely .500 record getting into the tournament when other teams have a great season.

Saying that I really have enjoyed the last few weeks of this season and hope we can win a few games in the BTT to get a spot in the NCAA tournament.

I think Indiana has to win out to make the tournament. Regardless of strength of schedule...15 losses is a lot on a resume.

That being said.... the NCAA is pathetic if IU doesn’t get in, but LSU does. I believe in due process and “innocent until proven guilty”...but come on. They have the head coach on a wiretap talking about paying a player. Letting LSU into the tournament would be wrong.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

People can have us out and I understand why....what they can't do though is have teams like Florida, Texas, Clemson, NC State in over us. Florida has 2 quad 1 wins. Clemson is like 1-9 in Quad 1 games. 

Having us out is fine....but you can't have us out over some of these other schools.

Yeah.  People are having a hard time getting past the concept of 15 losses, yet the 13 or 14 losses these other teams possess are generally not of the same quality.

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Get what you are saying, and pretty much agree.....however, that idiot is probably taking ESPN for a fair amount of coin. So for being so bad at what he does, and still being compensated for so many years by his employer....who's really the idiots?

I'm an idiot, but all of you guys and gals already knew that.  :coffee:

2 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Jerry Palm's bracket.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/

He moved us in to his First Four Out.

image.thumb.png.453370c5e9036325e4f6cbdb5a0fb13c.png

He has Furman as his last team in the field and has Belmont ahead of us. Lipscomb is out of his field.

I would like him to explain to me how Creighton's 18-13 is better than our 17-14.  We are higher in KenPom and have a better overall SOS.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

As much as I want IU to get in the tournament I still like seeing teams like Belmont get a chance as well.  It is not their fault that no one will play them in the non conference and it is hard for them to schedule quad 1or 2 games.  I have always enjoyed watched Belmont because they run a very efficient offense with a lot of shooters.   I have a hard time seeing teams like us and UT with a barely .500 record getting into the tournament when other teams have a great season.

Saying that I really have enjoyed the last few weeks of this season and hope we can win a few games in the BTT to get a spot in the NCAA tournament.

Belmont had a chance, they lost in their tournament. Now we have to ask how we would do with their schedule and how they would do with ours. They lost to Purdue, three different teams that I couldn't even recognize from their abbreviations beat them. I don't see much of an argument that they would do well against a big 10 schedule. 

2 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Schwab's updated bracket. We stayed in the exact same place even with our win.

https://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/bracketeering/

image.thumb.png.f74de095ca58a556e1d4dcc86413ed30.png

He has Belmont in as an at-large.

AND with UT’s loss to TCU in Arlington...it wasn’t even close...and they now have a worse record on the season. NOTHING about that makes sense.

16 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

AND with UT’s loss to TCU in Arlington...it wasn’t even close...and they now have a worse record on the season. NOTHING about that makes sense.

I guess he likes their wins over N Carolina, Purdue, Kansas more than IU's two wins over MSU, Marquette, Louisville??  Makes no sense...right?

Archived