How do we make the NCAA tourney

Indykev

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Welp. Can't believe I'm even researching this. Here's the committee. Maybe Chris can help us out in the room a little?

Other Committee Members Include:

• Mitch Barnhart, director of athletics, University of Kentucky
  • Tom Burnett, commissioner, Southland Conference
  • Janet Cone, director of athletics, University of North Carolina Asheville
  • Bernadette McGlade, commissioner, Atlantic 10 Conference
  • Michael O’Brien, vice president and director of athletics, University of Toledo
  • Jim Phillips, vice president for athletics and recreation, Northwestern University
  • Chris Reynolds, vice president for intercollegiate athletics, Bradley University
  • Craig Thompson, commissioner, Mountain West Conference
  • Kevin White, director of athletics, Duke University

Someone is diagramming all the stuff involving math in simple crayon drawings for Barnhart, right?

30 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Someone is diagramming all the stuff involving math in simple crayon drawings for Barnhart, right?

Mr. Barnhart is a brilliant, but humble humanitarian, as are all of the committee members. We hold their selfless dedication to the cause of selecting the at-large teams to be above eradicating world hunger and curing cancer. We honor their noble and unappreciated service.

Signed all IU fans

:coffee:

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Welp. Can't believe I'm even researching this. Here's the committee. Maybe Chris can help us out in the room a little?

Other Committee Members Include:

• Mitch Barnhart, director of athletics, University of Kentucky
  • Tom Burnett, commissioner, Southland Conference
  • Janet Cone, director of athletics, University of North Carolina Asheville
  • Bernadette McGlade, commissioner, Atlantic 10 Conference
  • Michael O’Brien, vice president and director of athletics, University of Toledo
  • Jim Phillips, vice president for athletics and recreation, Northwestern University
  • Chris Reynolds, vice president for intercollegiate athletics, Bradley University
  • Craig Thompson, commissioner, Mountain West Conference
  • Kevin White, director of athletics, Duke University

Is that our Chris Reynolds??? Maybe a little help from an old friend??

I think it’s simple really, we need to keep winning. If I’m Archie, that’s my message. Win and don’t worry about some silly commitee trying to decide your fate. I like how we’re playing right now and there’s no reason to think that we can’t go to Chicago and win this stupid tournament. Let’s get that proverbial monkey off of our back and win the whole thing. 

Here's for a bold statement:

Anyone that has Texas and Florida seeded higher than IU at this moment is just plain wrong.  If the season ended right now, IU would easily be ahead of both, and the committee isn't going to seed them higher because some "bracketologists" prognosticated it so.

Also, don't get me started on the term "bracketologist."  It might be the most absurd title in modern history; like they're some kind of scientists or something.

34 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Updated bracket matrix. http://bracketmatrix.com/

image.png.ba9427ab1b8494e72eb944dcec663fcd.png

image.png.d280a9360ee30f476418c5d97780042c.png

Lot of teams there that can go one and done in their conference tourneys. If we beat OSU, we should jump whoever those teams are.

St John’s a 10? They should be out. Racked up wins in weak non-con. Lost twice each to DePaul, Providence, & Xavier. Lost 3 straight and 4 of last 5. 66 Net

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

St John’s a 10? They should be out. Racked up wins in weak non-con. Lost twice each to DePaul, Providence, & Xavier. Lost 3 straight and 4 of last 5. 66 Net

Agreed...St. John's, Texas and Florida stick out the most to me as teams that don't deserve to be in the field as of today.

17 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Agreed...St. John's, Texas and Florida stick out the most to me as teams that don't deserve to be in the field as of today.

Don’t get the love for Seton Hall either. Big Ten has 11 teams in Net top 56. Big East has 3, Vill, Marq & Creigh.

Vill, the BE champ, lost to Mich by 27 and IU thrashed Marq

1 hour ago, rogue3542 said:

Here's for a bold statement:

Anyone that has Texas and Florida seeded higher than IU at this moment is just plain wrong.  If the season ended right now, IU would easily be ahead of both, and the committee isn't going to seed them higher because some "bracketologists" prognosticated it so.

Also, don't get me started on the term "bracketologist."  It might be the most absurd title in modern history; like they're some kind of scientists or something.

Yeah I laugh every year a "bracketology" - the "science of brackets". Science, lol.

Archived