How do we make the NCAA tourney

Indykev

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am off the mindset that us being on the outside looking in according to a lot of folks has to do with the losing streak, not because our resume is behind those teams. 

If we win tomorrow that will be four in a row, which makes the losing streak a distant memory. It was always going to be long odds to get in without a win in the BTT, but if we win one game that would mean have won 5 in a row and likely have 7 Quad 1 wins. That is very likely to get us in regardless of what the other bubble teams do. 

And while a lot of the teams right in front of us won, teams like Texas, Florida, Oklahoma and Iowa may be playing themselves out. 

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I am off the mindset that us being on the outside looking in according to a lot of folks has to do with the losing streak, not because our resume is behind those teams. 

If we win tomorrow that will be four in a row, which makes the losing streak a distant memory. It was always going to be long odds to get in without a win in the BTT, but if we win one game that would mean have won 5 in a row and likely have 7 Quad 1 wins. That is very likely to get us in regardless of what the other bubble teams do. 

And while a lot of the teams right in front of us won, teams like Texas, Florida, Oklahoma and Iowa may be playing themselves out. 

And Bama, OSU & St Johns

21 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Does anyone else find it odd that before today both ASU and Texas were considered in? 

In one case, you'd have to completely rely on the NET and in the other you have to ignore it. Seems very inconsistent. 

That is why I think we are in

the so called experts have written us off. Ignoring out resume. Hopefully the selection committee doesnt

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

OSU or Minnesota on a neutral court would be Q1?

15 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

That is why I think we are in

the so called experts have written us off. Ignoring out resume. Hopefully the selection committee doesnt

Once past the automatic qualifiers, the committee’s job is to add the best at-large teams and seed all 68. The way to do that is strictly apply the NET and quad data and avoid subjectivity. Then between seasons, continue to refine it. Don’t adopt a system, then override it with human judgment 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

As of today, OSU would. That definitely could change though. 

Just looked it up. And to quote Ed McMahon... YOU ARE CORRECT!

Given that they play Wisconsin, I doubt a Q1 loss would drop them all that much. And even if they do, they'd swap places with... Us.

21 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Once past the automatic qualifiers, the committee’s job is to add the best at-large teams and seed all 68. The way to do that is strictly apply the NET and quad data and avoid subjectivity. Then between seasons, continue to refine it. Don’t adopt a system, then override it with human judgment 

That’s why our resume is better than most of the 11 and 12 seeds.  Quality wins. Quality loses. 6-9 quad 1. No bad loses

1 minute ago, CincyHoosier said:

IF we manage to get there, I like our chances to beat MSU for a third time this year.  That team looks like it's being held together with duct tape.  But at some point does it lose its luster?  I mean, maybe we just have their number.  

The value of a $100 bill doesn't change with the weather.

A win over a top 15 team counts just as much whether it's the first, second or third time that year.

2 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Final window of the night:

Belmont/Murray St (need Belmont to win as they are more likely to receive an at large bid with a loss)

DePaul/Creighton (need Creighton to lose)

Mercer/Furman (need Furman to lose as early as possible in their tournament)

Did not go well. Murray St, Creighton and Furman all win. Will be interesting to see bracketology tomorrow and what they do with Belmont. 

1 minute ago, CincyHoosier said:

I say we just win the BTT, to heck with it all!

I want to win it, partially just to say we've won the damn thing finally.

The other reason I want to win it is to give the finger to the committee and say "We're crashing this party. #comeatmebro"

Archived