How do we make the NCAA tourney

Indykev

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Seth Davis doesn’t think we belong. Kellogg trying his best to defend us 

Yep.....once the dust settles this next week and people start looking at a NCAA initiative like Quad 1 wins vs Quad 3/4 losses....we'll be in this mother. No one can tell me we aren't deserving over a Clemson or Texas or TCU or Ohio St......Seth tried to say Cincy win for Ohio St is huge. How about Sparty twice? Let alone Sparty, Wisconsin, Marquette, Louisville,etc....

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Watching Ohio St play right now. They should be worried more than us. 

This. They are 1-6 vs ranked teams vs our 4-6. I think we have the edge over them now. They beat us Thursday that could knock us out. We win BTT opener, I think we are in easily.

Not convinced beating OSU gets us in. Puts us in the conversation, but not a guarantee. A lot will depend on what happens in the other conference tournaments. For wxample, say TCU wins the Big XII, any Pac 12 team besides Washington wins theirs. That steals 2 more spots that could be IU. This team needs to just keep winning. 

2 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Disaster strikes as Lipscomb loses to Liberty. A bubble team just lost their spot. Just have to hope it wasn’t us. 

Lipscomb is not getting an at-large spot. Neither should Belmont. Those teams have beat literally nobody. 

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Win and we are in vs OSU. Can’t ask for more than that two weeks ago. If we lose I don’t think we can expect any breaks. Thing is IU travels and also IU gets ratings...don’t think the NCAA doesn’t think about those things.

I saw a respectable bracket that put us all the way up at the 9 seed and had us matched up with Kentucky in round 2. It was making predictions as to how the rest of the week would play out, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised by that.

Archived