NBA Thread

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Westbrook will never allow that. he is just worried about the stat line and if wins come thats great. I love how people say he is unselfish because of the number of assists but IMO his is one of the most selfish players in the game. 

So you are saying he is NO Magic Johnson?

1 minute ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

PG is in a sticky situation in Oklahoma.  RW is an All-star, but struggles with shooting more often than not.  I think the Thunder need to flip Adams for another big and a shooter(stretch 4 or 5 that can step out and be respectable from 3) for equal salaries.  If they do this, they improve IMO. 

I say flip RW for what you can get.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

PG is in a sticky situation in Oklahoma.  RW is an All-star, but struggles with shooting more often than not.  I think the Thunder need to flip Adams for another big and a shooter(stretch 4 or 5 that can step out and be respectable from 3) for equal salaries.  If they do this, they improve IMO. 

It's such an odd dynamic. PG bonded with Russ and has bought in fully to OKC.

He just had a genuinely fantastic season, best of his career, and before his shoulder injury, which obviously limited him down the stretch, was flat out killing it and pushing past Harden for #2 in the MVP race (which Greek Freak has locked up imo). 

Adams has been pretty key to that team, a monster up front. They also had to go a full season without Roberson, who makes that team so deep defensively, probably the best perimeter defender in the game, and it's unclear how well he'll return next season, after multiple set backs. 

They definitely need more shooting. Outside of PG, they don't have much in the way of consistent perimeter shooting. They did upgrade their bench with Schroder, but he's not a shooter, and Morris. I think they should keep Adams, but do everything they can to add at least one legit starter-level outside shooter. No one is trading Westbrook from OKC. Man he needs to buy in to distributing more and shooting less.

25 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

He just had a genuinely fantastic season, best of his career, and before his shoulder injury, which obviously limited him down the stretch, was flat out killing it and pushing past Harden for #2 in the MVP race (which Greek Freak has locked up imo). 

Adams has been pretty key to that team, a monster up front. They also had to go a full season without Roberson, who makes that team so deep defensively, probably the best perimeter defender in the game, and it's unclear how well he'll return next season, after multiple set backs. 

They definitely need more shooting. Outside of PG, they don't have much in the way of consistent perimeter shooting. They did upgrade their bench with Schroder, but he's not a shooter, and Morris. I think they should keep Adams, but do everything they can to add at least one legit starter-level outside shooter. No one is trading Westbrook from OKC. Man he needs to buy in to distributing more and shooting less.

Terrance Ross would help them as far as shooting goes but I'd rather him be in a Pacers uni before that lol

• Like 1

Just a general comment. Imagine being a GM or All Star during the Jordan years. Guys like Reggie, Patrick Ewing, Malone/Stockton, Barkley...all the other good to great teams like Pacers, Knicks, Suns, Seattle, Cavaliers,etc....never having a real chance to win a title because of Jordan.

Feel the same way now as it relates to Golden St. We can spend all season long talking about our teams but as it stands no one is beating Warriors. It's going to take players in the off season to add 1 if not 2 all star type players to their teams to beat them. Just don't see how it's possible honestly. I love watching greatness perform. But when you go into a season knowing you have less than 5% chance of ultimate success the league becomes boring, right? Or am I looking at it the wrong way. Should I just sit back and cheer for the one team (West or East) that can somehow pull off the upset of all upsets by beating GSW 4x?

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a general comment. Imagine being a GM or All Star during the Jordan years. Guys like Reggie, Patrick Ewing, Malone/Stockton, Barkley...all the other good to great teams like Pacers, Knicks, Suns, Seattle, Cavaliers,etc....never having a real chance to win a title because of Jordan.

Feel the same way now as it relates to Golden St. We can spend all season long talking about our teams but as it stands no one is beating Warriors. It's going to take players in the off season to add 1 if not 2 all star type players to their teams to beat them. Just don't see how it's possible honestly. I love watching greatness perform. But when you go into a season knowing you have less than 5% chance of ultimate success the league becomes boring, right? Or am I looking at it the wrong way. Should I just sit back and cheer for the one team (West or East) that can somehow pull off the upset of all upsets by beating GSW 4x?

I think you are correct because you can enjoy a good regular season but you know when it comes playoff time your team really has no chance.  Even in the 80's when it was the Lakers and Celtics most years it was competitive and each team won championships and was not one sided.  You also had a few year sin their where you had the 76ers win it

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I believe that the Bucks COULD upset the Warriors in a seven game series IF they can hold home court in the first two and steal ONE on the road. I think they have enough shooters around Giannis that it’s POSSIBLE. I give it better than a 5% chance for sure. But as a Bucks fan I’m pulling for ANYONE to upset the Warriors. Lol

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

All signs are pointing to KD leaving this summer, so I think their reign of terror is just about over.  Sounds like there’s a small chance they lose Klay as well if they try to lowball him.

8 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

All signs are pointing to KD leaving this summer, so I think their reign of terror is just about over.  Sounds like there’s a small chance they lose Klay as well if they try to lowball him.

Well did they not win a title without KD so they can still be a title contender without him.

27 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I believe that the Bucks COULD upset the Warriors in a seven game series IF they can hold home court in the first two and steal ONE on the road. I think they have enough shooters around Giannis that it’s POSSIBLE. I give it better than a 5% chance for sure. But as a Bucks fan I’m pulling for ANYONE to upset the Warriors. Lol

No chance. Not being disrespectful, but no, Bucks aren't ready. They may well not make it to the Finals in any event.

38 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't think you're off here. GS is somewhat vulnerable right now, in that they lost Cousins and they're not playing their best ball, but the only teams in the West that have a chance to pull off the upset would've been the Thunder, and they're of course out, and the Rockets. The Rockets are probably close, but I just don't see them pulling it out, even assuming CPIII doesn't get injured again. The C's still look like they're only partially there, the Bucks are too young and inexperienced, and not good enough outside of Greek Freak, the Sixers are too up and down and inexperienced, and the Raptors, well, it's the Raptors, and now Lowry has an injury. I really don't like how Durant went to GS, as if they weren't already stacked enough, it is boring, among other things, to me. At least their dynasty seems to be on the way out. 

45 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well did they not win a title without KD so they can still be a title contender without him.

Did I say they’re not going to be a title contender without KD?  Of course they will be, but they won’t be the unstoppable juggernaut that no one has a chance to beat.

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

No chance. Not being disrespectful, but no, Bucks aren't ready. They may well not make it to the Finals in any event.

I agree on the Bucks, a year or two early for them to win the title. I don't think the Celtics make the Finals, and I think they'll lose to the Bucks, especially if Marcus Smart is still out, but of the four teams left in the East I actually think the Celtics would have the best chance to beat the Warriors in the Finals. I woudn't pick the Celtics to beat them by any means, but of the four I think they'd have the best chance.

But, my prediction is on a Bucks-Raptors ECF. 

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I agree on the Bucks, a year or two early for them to win the title. I don't think the Celtics make the Finals, and I think they'll lose to the Bucks, especially if Marcus Smart is still out, but of the four teams left in the East I actually think the Celtics would have the best chance to beat the Warriors in the Finals. I woudn't pick the Celtics to beat them by any means, but of the four I think they'd have the best chance.

But, my prediction is on a Bucks-Raptors ECF. 

I can see the Sixers getting past the Raptors, especially if Lowry's injury limits him. That's an interesting series. I really don't know what to expect out of the Bucks-Celtics series, except I think both of those series go to 7. Smart is key for sure.  

4 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I can see the Sixers getting past the Raptors, especially if Lowry's injury limits him. That's an interesting series. I really don't know what to expect out of the Bucks-Celtics series, except I think both of those series go to 7. Smart is key for sure.  

I just trust Kawai more than I trust anyone on the Sixers, but yes Lowry needs to be healthy. I also think Gasol can bait Embiid into some stupidity during the series. 

Agree with Bucks-Celtics. I can see the Bucks winning in 5 if the Celtics revert to their regular season Jekyl/Hyde routine, but if 'playoff Kyrie' stays and Hayward really is rounding the corner to becoming his old self, then I could see if going 7. Though I almost always pick the home team in a game 7, which would be Milwaukee. 

58 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I just trust Kawai more than I trust anyone on the Sixers, but yes Lowry needs to be healthy. I also think Gasol can bait Embiid into some stupidity during the series. 

Agree with Bucks-Celtics. I can see the Bucks winning in 5 if the Celtics revert to their regular season Jekyl/Hyde routine, but if 'playoff Kyrie' stays and Hayward really is rounding the corner to becoming his old self, then I could see if going 7. Though I almost always pick the home team in a game 7, which would be Milwaukee. 

Gasol won't need to bait Embiid into stupidity -- he'll do something stupid all by himself!

• Like 2

On 4/24/2019 at 9:33 AM, Hoosierhoopster said:

Really is an interesting dilema for OKC. Westbrook is their heart and soul. He's also the reason they lost to Portland -- who they swept in the regular season while Lillard said PG should be the MVP of the League (respect). The weird thing is that Westbrook was doing a much better job earlier in the season of facilitating, a large part of why PG was in the MVP discussion. Then he goes back to the stupid jack up shots at something like sub-30 percentage. He's shooting worse than he ever has, and he does this? Just stupid.

The problem is the regular season and playoffs are just played at different levels.  Sweeping Portland in the regualar season means little.  I don't think you are giving Portland enough credit.  That team is really good and there is reason they made it to the 3rd seed.   Their roster is mostly now into their prime years and really came together as the season progressed. They added Kanter as a missing piece and he provided valuable insurance with the loss of Nurkic. Collins has a couple of years under his belt now and provides good minutes off the bench.  He will only get better.   The stars are just aligning up for them, IMO.  To me once you get past Russ, Adams and PG vs Lillard and McCollum,  the portland roster is deeper, more balanced and a lot better.   

Russ needs someone like CP3 does with the Beard to keep him focused. When Harden is about to let refs or other happenings on the court get n head, CP3 immediately says something to him.  Then Harden goes back to basketball. 

On 4/24/2019 at 10:53 AM, Hoosierhoopster said:

PG made a mistake going out west, but he did avoid the dumpster fire called the Lakers. And to think LA fans (and the media) thought LBJ plus Rando, Beasley, Lance and a ham sandwich were going to get them to the finals (or whatever bs they were trying to sell). I remember seeing highlights of Lance at practice, making trick shots or what-have-you, and "reporters" acting like he was the next Magic. I was like ok, good luck with all that. The hype was unreal. Anyone who knows anything knew that was going to burst into flames.