NBA Thread

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

NBA network must be showing Reggie Miller games today Now they have the 95 game where he scored 8 points in 9 seconds.  I can't believe how coherent that Bill Walton use to sound doing games.

Forgot how physical this game was but after 3 quarters there has been 7 techs and 2 players rejected.

• Like 1

Some dates for the NBA moving forward. 

1.) Speculation that trades can be made starting the Nov. 16th but isn't 100% set yet

2.) NBA draft Nov. 18th

3.) NBA free agency begins Nov. 20th 

4.) NBA players can sign new contracts Nov. 22nd

5.) Dec. 1st begins training camp

6.) Season starts Dec. 22nd

Tom Heinsohn has passed.  Maybe I saw him play on TV but I never remember him playing as he retired when I was like 8.  I remember him as a coach during Cowens/Hondo days.  As long as they were beating Sloan and the Bulls, I have always liked the Celts even if not my favorite team because of Hondo then Bird.  I also remember him as an announcer on the national NBA telecasts back during the 80s.  He was really good. 

He was entertaining in his later years as the Homer announcer for the Celtics.  Like Bill Walton, he always cracks me up.  I remember on game where Bill Walton showed up. Heinsohn was going on and on about pierce and how great he was. and maybe being mentioned as the potential greatest Celt.  Bill Walton just said to him I got 2 words on Pierce.  Those 2 words were Larry Bird. Kind of a you had to be there or see it live moment but quite funny because you just had to hear how Heinsohn was going on about Pierce then expecting Walton to add on.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

Tom Heinsohn has passed.  Maybe I saw him play on TV but I never remember him playing as he retired when I was like 8.  I remember him as a coach during Cowens/Hondo days.  As long as they were beating Sloan and the Bulls, I have always liked the Celts even if not my favorite team because of Hondo then Bird.  I also remember him as an announcer on the national NBA telecasts back during the 80s.  He was really good. 

He was entertaining in his later years as the Homer announcer for the Celtics.  Like Bill Walton, he always cracks me up.  I remember on game where Bill Walton showed up. Heinsohn was going on and on about pierce and how great he was. and maybe being mentioned as the potential greatest Celt.  Bill Walton just said to him I got 2 words on Pierce.  Those 2 words were Larry Bird. Kind of a you had to be there or see it live moment but quite funny because you just had to hear how Heinsohn was going on about Pierce then expecting Walton to add on.

He also did some college games on CBS ad well.  When watching some old games He did a couple of IU tournament games.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2020 at 6:59 PM, IU Scott said:

Just watched the Pacers and Knicks game from 94 ECF where Reggie scored 25 points in the 4 the quarter.  What a great game but looking back the Pacers blew a chance to go to the finals.  Pacers lead 3-2 and going home for game 6 but lost that game and game 7 at New York.

Yep...Miller’s missed free throw seemingly broke the momentum he was carrying us through the 4th. Weird how incredible he was but that free throw has to haunt him.

On 11/9/2020 at 8:30 PM, IU Scott said:

Forgot how physical this game was but after 3 quarters there has been 7 techs and 2 players rejected.

The Knicks were the second coming of the Pistons. Unusual given Riley coached the show time Lakers...goes to show how great of a coach he was being able to win multiple ways.

• Like 1

So apparently Vic was asking other teams players last year if he could come play with them during games and in front of teammates. It sounds like this didn't exaclty make some teammates very happy. This is from J Michael at the Indy Star. If this actually happened he has to go imo. 

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

So apparently Vic was asking other teams players last year if he could come play with them during games and in front of teammates. It sounds like this didn't exaclty make some teammates very happy. This is from J Michael at the Indy Star. If this actually happened he has to go imo. 

I got the notification for B/R on this. If true...

blink-182 wtf GIF

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Shame on him.

13 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Color me skeptical on this one

J doesn't typically write things unless it's accurate. He said this information came from 3 different sources with knowledge of the situation.  This makes sense because there was talk during the bubble that players on the team were taking issue with Vic and his handling of certain things but there werent details at the time. 

• Like 1

Just now, DC2345 said:

J doesn't typically write things unless it's accurate. He said this information came from 3 different sources with knowledge of the situation.  This makes sense because there was talk during the bubble that players on the team were taking issue with Vic and his handling of certain things but there werent details at the time. 

Apparently wasn't in the bubble though b/c Knicks were included in the list (Raptors/Heat are the other 2).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

If this is true they need to deal him ASAP.  If htis really happened then it is another case of a player who let some fame go to his head.  At IU he was so humble and his first year with the Pacers he was as well.  I think he let that first great season in Indy go to his ahead and made him feel like he is bigger than the team.  Actually the season he got injured he was not playing as well before the injury accured.

Edited by IU Scott

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If this is true they need to deal him ASAP.  If htis really happened then it is another case of a player who let some fame go to his head.  At IU he was so humble and his first year with the Pacers he was as well.  I think he let that first great season in Indy go to his ahead and made him feel like he is bigger than the team.  Actually the season he got injured he was not playing as well before the injury accured.

JMV has said on his show that there is a certain former Pacer that has gotten in the ear of Vic and still talks to others on the team as well. That former player would be none other than good ol Paul Geoge himself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

Problem is return trade value.  He's down or at least unknown now because of the injury and playing below standard, especially for a guy looking for more than the 21 mil he's getting.  

Well do you want to lose him for nothing after this year or get something for him now.  It showed last year that the Pacers played pretty well without him so I would just get the best you can and move on.