NBA Thread

10 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Who would want him or that contract?  That might be ranking up there in the top five worst contracts in the league now.  

Knicks would. They are desperate for any attention and tons of cap space if they let their fillers walk. They have had all that money past few offseasons and couldn’t sign anyone. Only way they are going to land a star is a trade. Westbrook would post triple doubles every night and at least the Knicks would be mediocre.

39 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Knicks would. They are desperate for any attention and tons of cap space if they let their fillers walk. They have had all that money past few offseasons and couldn’t sign anyone. Only way they are going to land a star is a trade. Westbrook would post triple doubles every night and at least the Knicks would be mediocre.

If I'm Knicks I swing for the fences and try CP3 and Westbrook.  Can always start over again in 2 or 3 years but at least you would get 2 competitive years.  

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

If I'm Knicks I swing for the fences and try CP3 and Westbrook.  Can always start over again in 2 or 3 years but at least you would get 2 competitive years.  

Problem in the NBA you have to match salaries so it would be hard to field a team getting both.  The Knicks doesn't have much to offer to make huge trades.

31 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Heard a rumor on DD, said PG and 1st rounder to Houston for Westbrook. Probably not true but if so seems like someone wore out their welcome pretty quickly 

That's a horrible rumor.  

May be the other way around.  Westbrook and a 1st rounder for PG.  Unless PG's injury situation is worse than thought.  

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Heard a rumor on DD, said PG and 1st rounder to Houston for Westbrook. Probably not true but if so seems like someone wore out their welcome pretty quickly 

Weren't there rumblings that Paul was the whole problem in LA. What was being said made him out to be a complete A-hole.

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

That would be an awful deal for LA. The Clippers are in title mode and I know they need a point guard, but Russ ain't it. 

Kawai would go insane watching Russ chuck up terrible shots. I respect how hard Russ plays and his effort, etc., but he is a bit like an Allan Iverson. Great player, but you almost have to have your entire system built around him for it to work. 

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

That would be an awful deal for LA. The Clippers are in title mode and I know they need a point guard, but Russ ain't it. 

Kawai would go insane watching Russ chuck up terrible shots. I respect how hard Russ plays and his effort, etc., but he is a bit like an Allan Iverson. Great player, but you almost have to have your entire system built around him for it to work. 

PG has an out in his contract I think after next year...not sure even Houston wants to go all in on a guy that hasn’t seem to find a home anywhere.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 3:10 PM, Hoosierhoopster said:

just nothing out there that they talk or anything like that KoB. We can all project that people are now talking to each other about team moves just because they’ve been on an Olympic team or practice team, it’s nothing more than speculation.

Sure, I get that, but it's also nothing more than speculation to say they don't. 

I would say there are a lot more NBA players that talk and are friends that we never hear about that than those that we do hear about. 

On 11/13/2020 at 9:04 PM, dgambill said:

I’d watch Atlanta as my dark horse in the Victor Oladipo trade scenario.

If the Pacers could get Reddish I would take him and run. There would need to be more salary maybe Dedmon and a pick of some kind but Reddish gives them a good young asset with upside. 

• Like 1

And then things got weird. Oladipo got weird. He got arrogant. He became a superstar in his own mind. Is he surrounded by the wrong people? Talk to NBA types, they’ll tell you he’s getting very bad advice from a young agent who counts Oladipo as his only prominent basketball client. But Victor, who is 28, is his own man, a sharp and intelligent soul, and this is ultimately on him. Oladipo and his people want you to believe now that he’s all-in on making it work long-term with the Pacers.

Show teammates, who are said to have become fed up with his antics. Show management, which has bent over backward to accommodate Oladipo, only to watch him treat them like dirt. Show the city, which embraced him with such vigor and now wonders how it’s supposed to feel about the once-prodigal son.

Just saw a couple of excerpts from a Kravitz article
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, DC2345 said:

If the Pacers could get Reddish I would take him and run. There would need to be more salary maybe Dedmon and a pick of some kind but Reddish gives them a good young asset with upside. 

Hawks have a cap hold on Jeff Teague but if they let him walk they would have 28 million. So they don’t have to give back salary necessarily. They want to make the playoffs...they want to make a run at the 21 class with Gianis along with everyone else so to show him they are serious they need to win now. Plus Vic would come off the books if they don’t re-sign him. So word is they are dangling #6 pick for a difference maker.