NBA Thread

13 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

JMV has said on his show that there is a certain former Pacer that has gotten in the ear of Vic and still talks to others on the team as well. That former player would be none other than good ol Paul Geoge himself. 

was it confirmed that it was PG or where they making an assumption?  I am unable to listen to JMV at the moment

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well do you want to lose him for nothing after this year or get something for him now.  It showed last year that the Pacers played pretty well without him so I would just get the best you can and move on.

5 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

It doesn't matter if he's a distraction in the locker room.

I agree.  It's a problem either way.  Guess the pacers are about to get younger again.  Just the reality.  

With the salary cap info that came out yesterday.  It essentially said teams are going to get a discount next year on salary tax hits, most likely, because of lack of revenue.  Something to do with hitting 80% of revenue, which won't happen with 25% fans in stands.  So maybe a team that's win now will reach for Vic and actually drive the price up.  

1 minute ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

This is Vic’s sister on Twitter, something fishy going on:

EC26E89B-17CA-412E-952A-BA1C59946234.png

Yeah I've been highly skeptical of this all along. Guys don't run around at a game and ask to play with them, that's just ridiculous. I suppose this will all play out, but jumping at these kind of rumors and assuming they're true really isn't warranted. Better to wait to see how it plays out.

• Like 1

The pacers are pretty sly.  Remember when there was so much smoke about Sabonis not being happy and actually feeling disrespected at the Pacers offer only to sign a reasonable long term deal?

Vic's 29.  Right.  He can do what he wants.  If he wants to ring chase or go to La or Miami and try singing and acting, he probably would do ok.  Maybe that high praise from masked singer got him thinking less about basketball and more about other life journeys?  Who knows but I'll probably wait and see.  

23 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Lol, come on. PG has no relationship with Vic. This is just silly.

I'm skeptical of the reports about him talking to players on other teams at games too, but I'm not sure how we can say this. I can almost guarantee that PG and Vic know each other; it's not unreasonable to think there is some level of relationship for two guys who have played in two of the same cities, played for Team USA, etc. to have a relationship. 

22 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I'm skeptical of the reports about him talking to players on other teams at games too, but I'm not sure how we can say this. I can almost guarantee that PG and Vic know each other; it's not unreasonable to think there is some level of relationship for two guys who have played in two of the same cities, played for Team USA, etc. to have a relationship. 

There was a fair amount of reporting about how Vic and PG did not know each other when the trade occurred. Unless they've suddenly developed a relationship, there's nothing there.

8 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Well.  Not good

Did doyel ever call in to DD

Yeah if true, not a good look. 

But then, in fairness, a lot of players talk to other players about possibly teaming up, that's going on all over the place -- but even if this proves true, I remain extremely skeptical that it was during a game, that strikes me as ridiculous

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Yeah if true, not a good look. 

But then, in fairness, a lot of players talk to other players about possibly teaming up, that's going on all over the place -- but even if this proves true, I remain extremely skeptical that it was during a game, that strikes me as ridiculous

I think it was probably after a game while talking on the court

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

There was a fair amount of reporting about how Vic and PG did not know each other when the trade occurred. Unless they've suddenly developed a relationship, there's nothing there.

That was well over three years ago now, it doesn't prove anything. 

Especially when you think about the fact that Vic was a struggling young player at the time who has since played with Team USA and made an ASG, which would've given him a lot more access to PG. 

56 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

That was well over three years ago now, it doesn't prove anything. 

Especially when you think about the fact that Vic was a struggling young player at the time who has since played with Team USA and made an ASG, which would've given him a lot more access to PG. 

just nothing out there that they talk or anything like that KoB. We can all project that people are now talking to each other about team moves just because they’ve been on an Olympic team or practice team, it’s nothing more than speculation.