NBA Thread

Pacers get the win against the Celtics, but credit where it is due to Danny Ainge as we can see why he passed on Turner now: Turner managed a measly 5 blocks in this game, lowering his season average to 5.66. 

Oh yeah, the 'Cers were playing without Vic on the second might of a back to back. 

(Celts had no Kemba but that doesn't help my narrative)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Pacers get the win against the Celtics, but credit where it is due to Danny Ainge as we can see why he passed on Turner now: Turner managed a measly 5 blocks in this game, lowering his season average to 5.66. 

Oh yeah, the 'Cers were playing without Vic on the second might of a back to back. 

(Celts had no Kemba but that doesn't help my narrative)

Pacers tried to give this game away with two miss free throws and a terrible turnover.  Also didn't understand why Tatum settled for a step back 3 to win the game since they were only down 1

• Like 1

Good game, will be fun to watch again Tuesday. 

I love Tatum, the guy is a star that is becoming a superstar, but he has to figure out these end of game situations. Regardless of the score or situation, you can guarantee he's going with a 30ft step back 3. Never fails. 

He should have worked to get the ball at the elbow and operated from there. 

• Like 3

Just now, IU Scott said:

Pacers tried to give this game away with two miss free throws and a terrible turnover.  Also didn't understand why Tatum settled for a step back 3 to win the game since they were only down 1

I've love him, but that is all Tatum ever does in that situation regardless of the score. His next step if cleaning that up. 

56 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Good game, will be fun to watch again Tuesday. 

I love Tatum, the guy is a star that is becoming a superstar, but he has to figure out these end of game situations. Regardless of the score or situation, you can guarantee he's going with a 30ft step back 3. Never fails. 

He should have worked to get the ball at the elbow and operated from there. 

If he takes it aggressively he probably would at minimum get a foul call. I’ll say this...today’s nba guys loathe loathe the free throw line. I mean they are absolutely scared to be exposed with the game on the line taking free throws. As great as Lebron is he is just as scared. They all settle. 

8 hours ago, rico said:

Don't want to burn up his trade value.

Hmm...would you want to trade for a guy that needs back to backs off?? Or would that at least lower the value you had for him. I agree at the moment the Pacers are trying to keep his value high. I still think both him and Myles are likely on the block still.

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Pacers ranked 10th in new ESPN power rankings.  Interestingly, that is the highest of any undefeated team.  Clippers remain at #3 despite losing by over 50 points on Sunday.

NBA Power Rankings - Risers and fallers after a wild opening week (espn.com)

These lists are always frustrating. If the question is who has the best chance to win a title then sure, I buy the Clippers at 3, but if it is who is playing best right now (which is how I understand Power Rankings to be) then how can you put a team at 3 fresh off of a 50 point clobbering?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

These lists are always frustrating. If the question is who has the best chance to win a title then sure, I buy the Clippers at 3, but if it is who is playing best right now (which is how I understand Power Rankings to be) then how can you put a team at 3 fresh off of a 50 point clobbering?

It's funny, for sure, but they don't put that much stock in one regular season game, and the Clips just came of a convincing W over Denver after beating LA. How in the world the Clips played that poorly is a good question, regardless. Interesting going forward to watch how they adapt to Lue's new system, and it's almost a triangle set up, a different look. I have thought it would take them to about a quarter of the way in to start playing consistent good ball, they started better than I thought they would, but it's only 3 regular season games, really can't put too much stock into anything at this point.

19 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

It's funny, for sure, but they don't put that much stock in one regular season game, and the Clips just came of a convincing W over Denver after beating LA. How in the world the Clips played that poorly is a good question, regardless. Interesting going forward to watch how they adapt to Lue's new system, and it's almost a triangle set up, a different look. I have thought it would take them to about a quarter of the way in to start playing consistent good ball, they started better than I thought they would, but it's only 3 regular season games, really can't put too much stock into anything at this point.

It does not excuse a 50 point beatdown, but Kahwi did not play.

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

For sure, no excuse being made, a ridiculously poor showing / lack of showing up by the Clips. But that doesn't go to the 'ranking' point, which is all I responded to.

Yep...probably the PG respect factor that has them there. 😉

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yep...probably the PG respect factor that has them there. 😉

Don't you mean MVPG?

“I’m back with my trainer that I had my MVP season,” PG told Matt Barnes and Stephen Jackson. “I’m locked in, as locked in as you can be… I’m on motherf**ker’s asses this year.”

George never won an MVP. He was referring to the closest he ever got when he finished third in the voting in 2019.

Edited by cybergates
  • Haha 5