NBA Thread

10 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Run it back, run it back, run it back. 

Side not.  Read a bleacher report, think it was Bozich, quoting a gm, very definitively say oh yeah, Olidipo is out of there.  Talking about trade deadline.  Hate that.  Would love for him to quietly re-up here in the next few weeks.  

When you run it back you will be ahead of most teams who have had big changes and no continuity...but the Pacers ceiling is still their ceiling. I think brass knows that and will continue to shop deals.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

@BGleas

Though I am a Pacers fan, as someone who has liked the Celtics back to the Bird days, I'm not sure I could stomach a trade for Harden.  Apparently, at least on Celtics player could not either.  Your thoughts?

Celtics Forward Rejects Potential James Harden Trade To Boston | Heavy.com

James Harden adds Celtics to preferred teams, but do they want him back? (msn.com)

Yeah, I'm firmly against this. @Hoosierhoopster is right, this deal would make me sick.  

While Ainge certainly isn't against swinging for the fences, I dont think this move is something he's really interested in. 

He's always going to kick the tires, but you'd have to include Jaylen Brown and then the Tatum/Harden combo doesn't even remotely work in terms of their career timeliness. 

The thing about the KG and Ray Allen trades was that they lined up perfectly with Pierce in terms of their career arcs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

@BGleas

Though I am a Pacers fan, as someone who has liked the Celtics back to the Bird days, I'm not sure I could stomach a trade for Harden.  Apparently, at least on Celtics player could not either.  Your thoughts?

James Harden adds Celtics to preferred teams, but do they want him back? (msn.com)

A backup doesn’t want him??!! That’s hilarious...probably wouldn’t even be still on the team if the trade happened. Hard to tell how it would work. Celtics have young rising star in Tatum and all star caliber player in Brown...would Harden inhibit their growth?? I think Chris Paul would be a better fit.

Edited by dgambill

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

A backup doesn’t want him??!! That’s hilarious...probably wouldn’t even be still on the team if the trade happened. Hard to tell how it would work. Celtics have young rising star in Tatum and all star caliber player in Brown...would Harden inhibit their growth?? I think Chris Paul would be a better fit.

I suspect that a large percentage of NBA players have no desire to be teammates with Harden.  But, maybe I'm wrong.  Just does not seem to be someone that would fit into a new situation well, especially one that is already a winning situation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

@BGleas

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/12/hardens-wishlist-now-includes-blazers-celtics.html

10 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Run it back, run it back, run it back. 

Side not.  Read a bleacher report, think it was Bozich, quoting a gm, very definitively say oh yeah, Olidipo is out of there.  Talking about trade deadline.  Hate that.  Would love for him to quietly re-up here in the next few weeks.  

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/12/central-notes-oladipo-holiday-p-williams.html

53 minutes ago, dgambill said:

When you run it back you will be ahead of most teams who have had big changes and no continuity...but the Pacers ceiling is still their ceiling. I think brass knows that and will continue to shop deals.

Sure.  Don't discount the injuries though.  Last year gave zero indication of ceiling.  A 75% Vic.  Sabonis had the foot issue.  Think Turner missed time early.  Lamb.  Warren.  All key guys.  

17 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Sure.  Don't discount the injuries though.  Last year gave zero indication of ceiling.  A 75% Vic.  Sabonis had the foot issue.  Think Turner missed time early.  Lamb.  Warren.  All key guys.  

I actually think the Pacers could be really good this year. They are deep and have lots of skill and talent. 

They don't have that elite level star, but Oladipo can return to form he's close enough along with their depth to win a series and make a run in round 2. 

I thought running it back healthy was the right call for them, assuming Oladipo's health and willingness to play nice. 

The Pacers remind me of Toronto a bit with their skill and depth.