Dakich on the Dan Patrick show....

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously...how many members here actually listen to his show regularly?  I rarely waste time listening to his petulant rants unless someone mentions he's having an interesting guest.  Scott, if I were you, I'd consider audiobooks for the road rather than a daily dose of this sour grapes blowhard.

10 hours ago, Sark said:

And, yes, you and others have attacked me here because I don’t follow the group think. I have no problem with it, primarily because this is a sports forum and there are far more important things in the world. And I don’t return fire or ponder the intelligence of others or post funny GIFs about other posters or complain about posters that I’ve placed on ignore or imply that anyone I disagree with hates the program or seek out the posts of others and follow them around or justify any of that by claiming that a big tent culture exists and that I still can’t fit into it. I just find all of that funny, in a head shaking kind of way. Would be great, though, if there would be some informed discussion of IU sports, including football and basketball. Always happy to be a part of that, if and when it breaks out.

If this is truly how you feel about this board, then why spend so much time here?  I'm curious.

6 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Seriously...how many members here actually listen to his show regularly?  I rarely waste time listening to his petulant rants unless someone mentions he's having an interesting guest.  Scott, if I were you, I'd consider audiobooks for the road rather than a daily dose of this sour grapes blowhard.

I don't listen to his show at all.  I seem to catch him at various times on other's shows.

45 minutes ago, Sark said:

I don’t spend a ton of time here, but I am looking for a place to talk IU sports. I just don’t see the problem with having my own opinion, rather than going in lockstep with everyone else. I realize that’s an internet thing, but the reactions are always “interesting”.

I don't think there's a problem with a differing opinion, but I still don't understand why you want to be here if you feel attacked.  You say you want to discuss IU sports, but in your previous post you say you want to participate in an informed discussion "If and when that breaks out".  The "If" in that quote implies that you have doubts that an informed discussion will ever take place here.  I'd like to discover gold in my backyard, but I'm pretty sure there isn't any there, so I haven't spent much time looking for it.  So again, if you feel attacked and that this is not a place to have an informed discussion why are you here?  You mentioned you find the reactions "interesting.  If you are here to solicit reactions, isn't that the definition of trolling?  

32 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

I don't think there's a problem with a differing opinion, but I still don't understand why you want to be here if you feel attacked.  You say you want to discuss IU sports, but in your previous post you say you want to participate in an informed discussion "If and when that breaks out".  The "If" in that quote implies that you have doubts that an informed discussion will ever take place here.  I'd like to discover gold in my backyard, but I'm pretty sure there isn't any there, so I haven't spent much time looking for it.  So again, if you feel attacked and that this is not a place to have an informed discussion why are you here?  You mentioned you find the reactions "interesting.  If you are here to solicit reactions, isn't that the definition of trolling?  

His tactics are known as "sealioning."

Sealioning is a type of trolling or harassment which consists of pursuing people with persistent requests for evidence or repeated questions, while maintaining a pretense of civility and sincerity. It may take the form of "incessant, bad-faith invitations to engage in debate".

The troll feigns ignorance and politeness, so that if the target is provoked into making an angry response, the troll can then act as the aggrieved party.

Just now, Sark said:

No, you’re just trying to start arguments rather than talk about IU sports. I’m definitely onto to you . . .Again, you’re validating exactly what I’ve said. 

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

the troll can then act as the aggrieved party.

44 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Sealioning is a type of trolling or harassment which consists of pursuing people with persistent requests for evidence or repeated questions, while maintaining a pretense of civility and sincerity. It may take the form of "incessant, bad-faith invitations to engage in debate".

The troll feigns ignorance and politeness, so that if the target is provoked into making an angry response, the troll can then act as the aggrieved party.

That description is uncanny...talk about nailing it. 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

It obviously is only here to stir the pot.  I think its time to just stop responding or acknowledging It.  Even if/when you agree with It, It finds a way to spin out and come at it from another angle.  Just move on and ignore It and maybe It will go away

I reported him again to the mods so hopefully they have done something about him.

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

That is a great definition of him

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I said this about him a while back. Glad I'm not the only one who saw exactly what he does.

3 minutes ago, rico said:

I protest Dan.

I have been for the past 2 years.....besides, when he is on the air, I'm in my high school classroom trying to teach young, impressionable minds... After work, first thing,  I get into my truck and tune into 1070 the fan with JMV for the ride home....I enjoy listening to him.....

2 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I have been for the past 2 years.....besides, when he is on the air, I'm in my high school classroom trying to teach young, impressionable minds... After work, first thing,  I get into my truck and tune into 1070 the fan with JMV for the ride home....I enjoy listening to him.....

Good ole JMV, I miss him as I don't work in the Indy area like I used to.

5 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I like listening to Dan if nothing else its entertaining.  Listen to JMV everyday as well.  Crazy that most of the people he talks about from Greene County are people I know from my few years living there.

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I like listening to Dan if nothing else its entertaining.  Listen to JMV everyday as well.  Crazy that most of the people he talks about from Greene County are people I know from my few years living there.

You know Troy Bell?

Archived