Dakich on the Dan Patrick show....

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Never had the premium before but the free site is anything goes for the most part.

I never had a premium either.  Have a friend who graduated from IU. Is a journalist in Alaska now. He was the one who told me weeks before Peagram was leaving Rivals, and would be going to 247.  But had to wait to move to 247, till Peagram's contract expired. Told me that he ( my friend )  was offered the gig to take over the IU site, after Peagram. But that he turned down the offer, and recommended a couple of his friends.  Which took the offer.  I have no idea who is running the site now.... but after what I saw today.... won't be returning.

Hope you are getting better, Scott.

4 minutes ago, Sark said:

I’m not sure if that’s a compliment (or not). In all seriousness, it’s apparent that you’re one of the really good guys here. Always enjoy reading your posts.

Thank you for the praise.  I believe at first you and I got off to a rocky start.(Don't feed the Sark, remember ?)  However.... recently I have started enjoying your posts.  It's obvious you have a deep knowledge of IU sports. And I want to thank you for your decision to take the turn in the road.  Really.  It's not that hard.

As far as Longdong..... let's just say he was different.  But... in a good kind of way.  Take that anyway you want to. 

Well DD was at it again today.  I was in my car and he did great in an interview with Seth Greenberg just talking about basketball.  When he started taking calls is when he went back to his old self.  Someone mentioned Cal for the Pacers job and he then went on to say that a lot of IU fans would hope the Pacers would hire Archie so IU can get a new coach.  Also talking about Morgan and his play in the playoffs and brought up that he could not believe IU lost 12-13 with Morgan and in his words the shoe boy.  He made it sound like mOst IU fans want someone else besides Archie but I don't think that is the case.  Just another way to knock Archie and IU basketball.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well DD was at it again today.  I was in my car and he did great in an interview with Seth Greenberg just talking about basketball.  When he started taking calls is when he went back to his old self.  Someone mentioned Cal for the Pacers job and he then went on to say that a lot of IU fans would hope the Pacers would hire Archie so IU can get a new coach.  Also talking about Morgan and his play in the playoffs and brought up that he could not believe IU lost 12-13 with Morgan and in his words the shoe boy.  He made it sound like mOst IU fans want someone else besides Archie but I don't think that is the case.  Just another way to knock Archie and IU basketball.

Sounds like Dan's got his summer material down pat. Guys like Dan come and go all the time on radio. Problem is Indy sports talk radio is so dead....Dakich is the king of the ashes if you will. No worries though. Hearing some shake ups are coming and new people. Doubt it impacts Dan but you really only have 2 ways to go with him right now. Don't listen and don't buy or support any of the sponsors of his show. Money still talks. 

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The fifty shades of Dakich.

Take this for what its worth.  I have like/dislike relationship with DD.  I like when he is calling games and sticks to basketball and not his personal thoughts on IU.
I don't disagree with him about us losing 12 of 13.  I think alot of us were dumbfounded that it happened while watching it happen.  Just the way it goes sometimes though.
What i really don't like is his consistent targeting of CAM and the snide way he goes about it.  We can all have our opinions.  I personally am still on the fence with CAM and given this year is going to be what it is, i doubt i get my doubts resolved before another year or 2.  But DD is a professional in the industry and should strive to be better. 

Just my 2 cents, but what do i know, i live in a cornfield in Iowa

On 8/22/2020 at 11:16 AM, Sark said:

So, DD called him Lil Archie during an ESPN game broadcast, and referred to the questionable recruitment of Langford by calling RL “Shoe Guy” on that broadcast? That’s why you’re so enraged? 

Then why did you get enraged (your word) when someone called him Jock Itch?  If he calls people names, fair is fair.  The Lil thing is asinine anyway as Archie is the same height, give or take, as Dean Smith, Roy Williams, Tom Izzo, and on and on.  Talking about his height is what’s truly small.  

56 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Then why did you get enraged (your word) when someone called him Jock Itch?  If he calls people names, fair is fair.  The Lil thing is asinine anyway as Archie is the same height, give or take, as Dean Smith, Roy Williams, Tom Izzo, and on and on.  Talking about his height is what’s truly small.  

JockItch wouldn't deserve his name if he didn't continually take cheap shots at IU and the men's basketball staff.  No one is asking him to be a fawning homer here.  I'd be more than satisfied with a neutral approach with legitimate criticisms instead of 3rd-grade name-calling.  When JockItch goes there, he deserves the in-kind reactions he receives.

11 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

JockItch wouldn't deserve his name if he didn't continually take cheap shots at IU and the men's basketball staff.  No one is asking him to be a fawning homer here.  I'd be more than satisfied with a neutral approach with legitimate criticisms instead of 3rd-grade name-calling.  When JockItch goes there, he deserves the in-kind reactions he receives.

It is all about his tone and his agenda ad to what upsets me.

26 minutes ago, Sark said:

Was never enraged. I know someone thought “jockitch” was probably really clever and funny, and that made me laugh. That you’re comparing Miller’s height with coaching legends is funny, too.

You labeled others as enraged.  So, if the shoe fits, wear it.  Truth is, no one is enraged.  You chose an obnoxious word.  As for comparing Miller to legends, show me where I said Miller is as good as they are.  That’s not the point and you know it.  The point is height is irrelevant to coaching success.  

Beyond all that, I saw your self-congratulatory posts on how you’re such a stand-up poster because you do not follow the crowd.  There were so many flaws in your series of posts, it could give a psychology Ph.D. candidate enough material for his thesis.  I will leave it alone lest it be confused as a personal attack.  In the end, I think you’re probably an intelligent, knowledgeable person about college athletics.  But, you do not recognize that many board members here air out concerns and fairly realistic assessments.  Yet, instead of using your knowledge to good use, you flame and falsely characterize others in a negative light if they don’t agree.  It’s the biggest consistency in your posts.  If someone doesn’t like Dakich, they are a homer.  If they don’t like Cosell, they aren’t smart enough to understand him.  And on and on.  That obnoxiousness is simply out of step with the culture here.  I am sure I’ve disagreed with every regular poster on here.  Yet we all adapt, sometimes apologize, maybe tease, etc.  But obnoxiousness doesn’t fly here.  If you think I’m attacking you, I’m not.  I’m addressing your style of posting, not you as a person.  

49 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

You labeled others as enraged.  So, if the shoe fits, wear it.  Truth is, no one is enraged.  You chose an obnoxious word.  As for comparing Miller to legends, show me where I said Miller is as good as they are.  That’s not the point and you know it.  The point is height is irrelevant to coaching success.  

Beyond all that, I saw your self-congratulatory posts on how you’re such a stand-up poster because you do not follow the crowd.  There were so many flaws in your series of posts, it could give a psychology Ph.D. candidate enough material for his thesis.  I will leave it alone lest it be confused as a personal attack.  In the end, I think you’re probably an intelligent, knowledgeable person about college athletics.  But, you do not recognize that many board members here air out concerns and fairly realistic assessments.  Yet, instead of using your knowledge to good use, you flame and falsely characterize others in a negative light if they don’t agree.  It’s the biggest consistency in your posts.  If someone doesn’t like Dakich, they are a homer.  If they don’t like Cosell, they aren’t smart enough to understand him.  And on and on.  That obnoxiousness is simply out of step with the culture here.  I am sure I’ve disagreed with every regular poster on here.  Yet we all adapt, sometimes apologize, maybe tease, etc.  But obnoxiousness doesn’t fly here.  If you think I’m attacking you, I’m not.  I’m addressing your style of posting, not you as a person.  

You have totally described this poster perfectly.  Had to deal with him and his many user names over at Rivals and was just a very condescending person who never thought he was wrong about  anything.  He went out of his way to show how much he knew and what kind of inside info he had which was always proven wrong but would never admit to it.  this is why I pleaded with the mods to get him out of here before he started ruining this board.

4 minutes ago, Sark said:

And I’m merely observing the seven pages of enraged non-rage regarding all the things wrong with Dakich. As much as posters can’t admit it, he’s not an IU homer and that drives people crazy. He criticizes IU and Miller, and that drives people crazy. He refers to Miller as Lil Archie and that drives people crazy. Not sure why that’s so hard to acknowledge, seven pages later. 

And, yes, you and others have attacked me here because I don’t follow the group think. I have no problem with it, primarily because this is a sports forum and there are far more important things in the world. And I don’t return fire or ponder the intelligence of others or post funny GIFs about other posters or complain about posters that I’ve placed on ignore or imply that anyone I disagree with hates the program or seek out the posts of others and follow them around or justify any of that by claiming that a big tent culture exists and that I still can’t fit into it. I just find all of that funny, in a head shaking kind of way.

tmp.gif

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Hopefully he will leave here when he sees people don't agree with him here.  The thing about rivals he had puppets over their that thought he was so smart and sniffed his butt but won't find that here.

Archived