Jerome Hunter

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, DWB said:

I have no idea of what his medical issue was, but based on all the bits and pieces of info, it wasn't normal, nor was it minor.

There was significant evidence that it was one or maybe even more, DVTs (blood clots) somewhere below his knees.  Pretty sure he had surgery and maybe two and was on blood thinners afterward to prevent them from reforming.  No one will likely confirm this, but based on everything I heard and read during this saga, my level of confidence is greater than 90%.  Now that doctors are aware of the tendency, the odds of preventing a repeat are excellent, IMO. 

38 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Now that doctors are aware of the tendency, the odds of preventing a repeat are excellent, IMO. 

Sure hope you're right. I really feel for the kid. Doesn't seem fair for him to have to endure such a major medical condition at such a young age. That stuff should be reserved for us old farts, which I'm a founding member...

50 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am talking about non conference schedule which you said was a joke.

A non conference schedule with zero opponents ranked in the preseason rankings isn't good.   That's not a bad thing for a team that's projected where we are at.  And with JH not fully back to speed.   But this years schedule can't be the norm if we want to be taken seriously as a Blue Blood.   It's just not that good.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

2 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

A non conference schedule with zero opponents ranked in the preseason rankings isn't good.   That's not a bad thing for a team that's projected where we are at.  And with JH not fully back to speed.   But this years schedule can't be the norm if we want to be taken seriously as a Blue Blood.   It's just not that good.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

My problem is that the first 7 games are total cupcakes.  That's what I was referring to.

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

My problem is that the first 7 games are total cupcakes.  That's what I was referring to.

Yep lots of cupcakes early.    Good to pad the win column with but not exciting to watch after the first few minutes.  But again its probably best that we don't have any really good teams early with JH not up to speed.

Go Hoosiers!!!

I think last years was tougher but that didn’t help us make the tournament. I would be shocked if FSU isn’t ranked by the time we play them. They have some good chances for some big wins and usually Leonard Hamilton has them playing good even if they lost some talent.

5 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i just don't think having a tough schedule is nearly as important in college bball as football.  sure it battle tests you, but you need to win if you want in the big dance.  we need to win early and get on the map.  

It matters for NCAA selection, but coming out of the gate losing doesn't help.

Balancing getting the team going, confidence building and working out the kinks with new offensive sets, etc., against the need for a tough schedule generally to help with tourney selection is an ongoing deal. Our overall schedule is going to end up fine, the B1G is deep on what should be tourney teams, the strength of schedule will come. Fretting over a relatively easy schedule early is a, imo, not warranted.

6 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i just don't think having a tough schedule is nearly as important in college bball as football.  sure it battle tests you, but you need to win if you want in the big dance.  we need to win early and get on the map.  

I agree. We could end up playing 18 top 100 RPI/NET games by the end of the regular B10 conference. Just win enough of those games and you will have a tournament resume.

35 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

It matters for NCAA selection, but coming out of the gate losing doesn't help.

Balancing getting the team going, confidence building and working out the kinks with new offensive sets, etc., against the need for a tough schedule generally to help with tourney selection is an ongoing deal. Our overall schedule is going to end up fine, the B1G is deep on what should be tourney teams, the strength of schedule will come. Fretting over a relatively easy schedule early is a, imo, not warranted.

I just don't like 7 cupcakes followed by a nonstop gauntlet.  I hope our guys adjust well come December.  I wish we had a couple of quality opponents in November.

52 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I just don't like 7 cupcakes followed by a nonstop gauntlet.  I hope our guys adjust well come December.  I wish we had a couple of quality opponents in November.

Jmo, tune up games get the team used to sets etc. The first tough game will test the team to raise the level they have to play at — that that game is followed by more tough games doesn’t change anything. Really the idea there is that it’s better to have breaks between tough games but that’s just either there or not 

Archived