Jerome Hunter

43 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I wish you would just keep your negativity where it belongs on the Rivals forum. We should have made the tournament but it wasn't because our best player didn't play good enough....it was the supporting cast and you know it...but keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

Are there only negative posters at the rivals site.  lol 

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like how decisive Jerome is and quick he gets up and gets his shot off in the paint. He doesn't hesitate and allow the defense to get in position..just goes right up with it and can hit shots off balance or not squared up. As far as his stroke goes....he is no Justin Smith...at 6'8 he can stroke from distance just fine.

2 minutes ago, BDB said:

Are there only negative posters at the rivals site.  lol 

omg its a sh!t storm. I go over just to see if there is any different news on recruits (there isn't we have the best insider info over here) or see where the masses are saying and it is horrible. I pray no recruit ever visits that site and bases their opinion of our fans from it...it's nothing but the trashiest posters I've ever seen outside a few. @dbmhoosier is typically over there and posting his negativity right along with them. I know people aren't all going to agree but I don't want this place to degrade to that level. This is a wonderful and respectable site and I hope we can have great debates and discussions without constantly taking shots at our players (Romeo), coach, or each other. We send a kid to the lottery and yet all we can do is tear him down...what does that say to other 5* kids if they want to come here.

23 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I do feel confident in saying he will get drafted sometime. I cant wait to see this group come together.  No expectations from me  of challenging for anything and hopefully I can enjoy it more this year

Yes..I thought he was a 2 and done kid. He has professional body and skills. His game translates. If he gets to fulfill his potential he will probably only be here a couple more years...which is why Archie is probably planning the classes out the way he is.

16 minutes ago, IUaic said:

I think there are 3 guaranteed to start - Rob, Devonte, and Jerome. 

Then 2 of Justin, Deron, and Trayce.

My 3 guarantee starters are RP, Green and De'Ron and Al, TJD, Smith and Hunter vying for the other two spots.  I guess it depends if you want to go bigger and maybe have TJD at the 4 and Smith or Hunter at the 3.  You go smaller and start Al and one of the other 3.  To me if we have Brunk, AL and Hunter or Smith coming off the bench then that would be a very good bench.

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

omg its a sh!t storm. I go over just to see if there is any different news on recruits (there isn't we have the best insider info over here) or see where the masses are saying and it is horrible. I pray no recruit ever visits that site and bases their opinion of our fans from it...it's nothing but the trashiest posters I've ever seen outside a few. @dbmhoosier is typically over there and posting his negativity right along with them. I know people aren't all going to agree but I don't want this place to degrade to that level. This is a wonderful and respectable site and I hope we can have great debates and discussions without constantly taking shots at our players (Romeo), coach, or each other. We send a kid to the lottery and yet all we can do is tear him down...what does that say to other 5* kids if they want to come here.

51za83Z7wwL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

51za83Z7wwL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I have that book in my library. Let's just say your no Bobby Knight sir.

I don't want to get personal so I apologize for calling you out...but it get's under my skin when we tear down our players. To have a fair criticism of a play or game is one thing...to just take a shot at a kid that didn't need Indiana University and gave us everything he had plus more seems mean spirited...and I don't like it.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Well how has all the negativity helped the cause.  it is one thing for a coach to use this but it does no good for fans to always be negative.

Dgambill really doesn't know what he's talking about.  The Rivals board hasn't been negative as of late.  Most think we have a good team and that Archie is a good coach.  The outlier is of course your pal fpeaugh but he's now the laughing stock of the board.  No one over there can stand that idiot anymore.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well how has all the negativity helped the cause.  it is one thing for a coach to use this but it does no good for fans to always be negative.

Without any negativity you get Indiana football.  Trust me that you need guys like me in the fan base.  Our administration doesn't give a damn about winning as long as the $ is rolling in.

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Without any negativity you get Indiana football.  Trust me that you need guys like me in the fan base.  Our administration doesn't give a damn about winning as long as the $ is rolling in.

It is alright to be negative but what people don't like is when it is a constant thing and when it is made personal.  It is alright to critique the team on how they are playing but when fans go on a message board and call the coach a clown and how over his head he is that does not help.  it is when fans goes on social media and rip the players or even recruits like they did with Brooks.

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I have that book in my library. Let's just say your no Bobby Knight sir.

I don't want to get personal so I apologize for calling you out...but it get's under my skin when we tear down our players. To have a fair criticism of a play or game is one thing...to just take a shot at a kid that didn't need Indiana University and gave us everything he had plus more seems mean spirited...and I don't like it.

I'm not tearing down anyone.  I'm sure Romeo is a great person and worked his butt off.  No one says otherwise.  But he didn't live up to the hype.  It's not his fault but he just didn't.  Neither did Damon Bailey.  It doesn't mean I don't think he was a great player or that we weren't damn lucky to have him for 4 years.  But they were both overhyped.  It's a fact.

Also why the need to be negative during the off season when we have no idea how this team will respond to last year and come together for this year.  Every year is different and what happened last year has nothing to do with this year so why not wait and let things play out before the criticism starts.

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

I'm not tearing down anyone.  I'm sure Romeo is a great person and worked his butt off.  No one says otherwise.  But he didn't live up to the hype.  It's not his fault but he just didn't.  Neither did Damon Bailey.  It doesn't mean I don't think he was a great player or that we weren't damn lucky to have him for 4 years.  But they were both overhyped.  It's a fact.

How so with Romeo because he had one of the top freshman season of all time at IU.  also Bailey finished his career as the 5th al time leading scorer in IU history so what else do you want these kids to do individually.  Maybe it was your expectations was way out of whack and nobody could fulfill them.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is alright to be negative but what people don't like is when it is a constant thing and when it is made personal.  It is alright to critique the team on how they are playing but when fans go on a message board and call the coach a clown and how over his head he is that does not help.  it is when fans goes on social media and rip the players or even recruits like they did with Brooks.

Or how in a thread about Jerome Hunter we suddenly have people taking shots at Romeo Langford....first off it was not based in facts and second it had nothing to do with the topic and it was just someone wanting to take a shot at a player. I suppose if you feel strongly about your opinion you can put it in the Romeo thread but to continue spreading it throughout the board...it's just being negative to be negative. I will drop it not to further side track this positive news we have about Jerome.

15 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

You can be correct (if even I disagree) in Romeo being a disappointment and that still doesn't make your statement about Cody or Gordon making this team any better than Romeo did as freshman true. Again, what that has to do with a Jerome thread and why it needs added to the conversation except to be purposefully negative is beyond me. You are entitled to your opinion. I won't make this an argument. I just see no reason for you to bring your Romeo bashing into this positive thread about Jerome's health.

15 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

With all the hype surrounding Romeo, short of winning a natty, he would have never been able to live up to the hype by some fans.  Damon may not of looked like he lived up the hype, but go back and look at what IU’s record  was the four years while Damon was there.  Those teams were absolutely stacked.

After reading the hype of Hunter this past week, I am afraid fans are setting themselves up for the next big hype that doesn’t meet the exploded expectations. 

20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Or how in a thread about Jerome Hunter we suddenly have people taking shots at Romeo Langford....first off it was not based in facts and second it had nothing to do with the topic and it was just someone wanting to take a shot at a player. I suppose if you feel strongly about your opinion you can put it in the Romeo thread but to continue spreading it throughout the board...it's just being negative to be negative. I will drop it not to further side track this positive news we have about Jerome.

He is use to a place where every thread gets hijacked by the same people spouting off the same negative stuff about Archie or the players.

1 hour ago, BDB said:

No Brunk in there.  Hasn’t he been man handling the other IU front court players per reports?

I think Davis and Brunk will play pretty even minutes at the 5 spot this year, so I really gave the edge to Davis, if he stays healthy, based on experience with Archie since this will be year 3 for him in CAM's program. I give Defense, Rebounding, and Hustling edge to Brunk, Offense and experience with Archie edge to Davis. Maybe if we have enough offense out of the other 4 spots, I could see Brunk starting.

Do we have a line up / depth thread prediction yet?

46 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

So you think this career did not meet your expectations so what were you actually expecting from Damon.

College career[edit]

Bailey was a four-year starter for Bob Knight and the Indiana Hoosiers from 1990–1994. In Bailey's first three seasons (1990–93), he and the Hoosiers posted 87 victories, the most by any Big Ten team in a three-year span, breaking the mark of 86 set by Knight's Indiana teams of 1974-76. Teams from these three seasons spent all but two of the 53 poll weeks in the top 10, and 38 of them in the top 5. They captured two Big Ten crowns in 1990–91 and 1992–93, and during the 1991–92 season reached the Final Four. During the 1992–93 season, the 31-4 Hoosiers finished the season at the top of the AP Poll, but were defeated by Kansas in the Elite Eight.

Teammates from this era included Greg Graham, Pat Graham, All-American Alan Henderson, and 1993 National Player of the Year Calbert Cheaney. With such talented teammates around him, Bailey largely served as a role player, averaging 11.3 points per game his first three years. Nevertheless, Indiana's athletic offices got more requests for paraphernalia and autographs for Bailey than any of the team's other stars, including Cheaney.[5]

In his senior season, 1993–94, with many of the team's previous stars having graduated, Bailey served as the team's leader. In a game on December 4, 1993 in the Indiana–Kentucky rivalry, UK was ranked number one in the nation, but Indiana upset the Wildcats. Bailey hit 16-of-19 free throws (record for a single game) to score 29 points.[6] Bailey's performance in the upset earned him a spot on the cover of Sports Illustrated, which has since become an iconic image among Indiana fans.[7][8] The Hoosiers finished the season 21–9 overall, 12-6 in the Big Ten (3rd), and advanced to the NCAA Sweet 16.

Bailey finished sixth on Indiana's all-time scoring list with 1,741 points. He averaged 13.2 points, 3.5 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game for his career. He also garnered a third-team All-American award and a first-team All-Big Ten award.

College statistics[edit]

Year Team GP GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG SPG BPG PPG
1990–91 Indiana 33 14 26.0 .506 .434 .692 2.9 2.9 1.2 .3 11.4
1991–92 Indiana 34 27 27.1 .497 .471 .765 3.6 3.1 .8 .0 12.4
1992–93 Indiana 35 24 27.2 .459 .418 .728 3.3 4.1 .6 .2 10.1
1993–94 Indiana 30 30 33.9 .481 .423 .802 4.3 4.3 1.5 .2 19.6
Career 132 95 28.2 .485 .437 .754 3.5 3.6 1.0 .2 13.2

Archived