Jerome Hunter

10 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Oh look, its IUScott and dgambill calling people out for not thinking exactly like them.  Telling people to go back to Rivals.  Its the exact same crap post after post that is killing this board.  Color me surprised!

Put us on ignore so you don't have to see it if it bothers you that much.  Also where did you see me tell him to go back to rivals in any of my post today.  So we are not allowed to question another posters remarks on here if we disagree with them.  I just showed facts of Damon's career that shows his career was not a disappointment.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Put us on ignore so you don't have to see it if it bothers you that much.  Also where did you see me tell him to go back to rivals in any of my post today.  So we are not allowed to question another posters remarks on here if we disagree with them.  I just showed facts of Damon's career that shows his career was not a disappointment.

Scott you are putting words into my mouth yet again.  I never said Damon was not an excellent player.  He was.  But he was also by far the most hyped up player we've ever had in our program.  He did not live up to the hype.  It's just a fact.

14 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Scott you are putting words into my mouth yet again.  I never said Damon was not an excellent player.  He was.  But he was also by far the most hyped up player we've ever had in our program.  He did not live up to the hype.  It's just a fact.

I truly disagree with that statement because he totally lived up to the hype.  He finished 6th in school history in scoring and was part of the winingest 3 year span in school history.  Hos team all went to at least the sweet 16 and went to a final four and another elite 8. What did you think he would do win 4 national championships and average 35 points a game.

Also some needs to learn what the definition of the word fact is.  You saying him not living up to his hype is not a fact but an opinion because there is no way to prove that.

7 hours ago, 3Ballin said:

That might be one of the better highlight videos ive seen.  It wasnt all breakaway dunks or wide open 3's.  He broke down defenders in the post and with dribbling with a purpose, not just to dribble.  Showed helpside defense AND a dime of a post entry pass.  

Nice to see highlights from a game and not an "AND1 mixtape" highlight reel.

it was all against the same team. they looked like a bunch of little white kids from the jv team

16 minutes ago, coachv said:

did you see it? i mean, are you involved with the team?

I didn’t see it but there are some good interviews with Zach McRoberts, Juwan Morgan and (I believe) Romeo where they recount these experiences. Juwan straight up said he could’ve been the best freshman on the team last year (and he included Romeo among those freshman). He also said he didn’t play like a freshman - he was aggressive and he’d go right at you. 

If healthy it’s like the team could be getting a second 5 star caliber player this year. 

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

What if those two have a torn ligament in their wrist, I guess EJ did and they barely made the tournament and lost in the first round.

still, romeo can not drive to the basket with his left hand and was not a good passer, so didn't see the floor well enough to create for his teammates. that had nothing to do with his injury

3 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Okay, it's a fact.  I jumped in here late...sorry.  So, what point were you making?  Not being snarky...just curious what this discussion centered upon.  Thanks.

Just now, jv1972iu said:

Okay, it's a fact.  I jumped in here late...sorry.  So, what point were you making?  Not being snarky...just curious what this discussion centered upon.  Thanks.

I was commenting on Billingsley's response that he found it hard to believe that many still don't think that Romeo lived up to the hype.

2 hours ago, IUaic said:

Good news on that Jerome Hunter guy. We will get to see what he can do this year. Is anyone else super excited about this?

Careful...apparently no Indiana player has ever lived up to their hype. You say something nice about a kid you will have the Debbie downers jump all over you and the kid...along with bashing any other Hoosiers that’s stepped on the floor to represent us. Just be warned!

5 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Not living up to the hype. Is not the fault of the player.  But rather the fault of the fans.  And at times the University. In my humble opinion. 

Indiana Basketball 2017-2018 Hype Video 

even though i'm getting old it was not so long ago that i don't remember. the hype was romeo was the messiah that was going to get us back to the ncaa tourney at a minimum, and likely the sweet 16. that is the essence of not living up to the hype. also not romeo's fault

6 hours ago, coachv said:

even though i'm getting old it was not so long ago that i don't remember. the hype was romeo was the messiah that was going to get us back to the ncaa tourney at a minimum, and likely the sweet 16. that is the essence of not living up to the hype. also not romeo's fault

I dont know when and where i.posted it but before he ever played his first game for IU I said that his legacy will far more important for what he did off the court more so than on the court.  That is proving to be true. That is not taking anything away from what he did on the court it was a compliment to the type of young man he is

Archived