Kyle Macy Sounds Off

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The IU / UK series has no business being played on a neutral court.  UK doesn't understand that because their arena is not on campus anyway.  College basketball rivalries should always be played on home courts.  Save the neutral court matchups for the made for TV stuff.  

The crazy thing is, as I last understood it, IU proposed a 4-year rotation with only one of those games on IU's campus and Cal was still too much of a pussy to restart the series.  So IU promptly beat them in the tournament instead.

3 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Here’s a question: What does IU gain by refusing to play the series at neutral sites?

IU offered a compromise that included neutral site games.  That's hardly a refusal.  I don't fault them for not kissing Cal's ass.  That's not a good look either.

8 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Here’s a question: What does IU gain by refusing to play the series at neutral sites?

IU did NOT refuse to play on a neutral site.  They proposed alternating between neutral and home court.  That is not a refusal to play on a neutral site.

50 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

IU did NOT refuse to play on a neutral site.  They proposed alternating between neutral and home court.  That is not a refusal to play on a neutral site.

Weren't we doing that for a few years? I can remember playing in Indianapolis for a few years back in the 90's.

On 7/20/2019 at 11:22 PM, Long Duk Dong said:

And we are 0-2 vs Indiana Fort Wayne in our last two meetings. But would you really compare the two?

Wait, is IU refusing to compromise on a meeting with IPFW until all games are moved to neutral floors? 

If not then are you even saying anything relevant to the context of refusing to work out a game in order to duck a challenging environment.(The 2nd question is rhetorical)

7 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

IU offered a compromise that included neutral site games.  That's hardly a refusal.  I don't fault them for not kissing Cal's ass.  That's not a good look either.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

What does IU gain by refusing to play the series at neutral sites only?

18 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

What does IU gain by refusing to play the series at neutral sites only?

Why do you feel that IU has to play UK because to me it is no big deal if we play them or not.  There are a lot of top programs out there that we can play so who needs UK and if they don't want to play on a compromise deal then we don't need them.   To me regular season games that are not part of a tournament needs to be played on campus because college sports is suppose to be about the students and not just about getting the biggest arena to play in.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Why do you feel that IU has to play UK because to me it is no big deal if we play them or not.  There are a lot of top programs out there that we can play so who needs UK and if they don't want to play on a compromise deal then we don't need them.   To me regular season games that are not part of a tournament needs to be played on campus because college sports is suppose to be about the students and not just about getting the biggest arena to play in.

I know reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit, but you didn’t answer the question.

14 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I know reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit, but you didn’t answer the question.

I don't think we gain or lose anything by playing them and I don't think we have to back down to them because we don't need them.  We have played plenty of top programs since the series stopped.  We have played Duke, UNC, KU and UL all in the past 5 years so why do we need to play UK.  I just don't get some of the fans fascination with having to play a game against a program like UK who I have no respect for at all.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't think we gain or lose anything by playing them and I don't think we have to back down to them because we don't need them.  We have played plenty of top programs since the series stopped.  We have played Duke, UNC, KU and UL all in the past 5 years so why do we need to play UK.  I just don't get some of the fans fascination with having to play a game against a program like UK who I have no respect for at all.

My fascination with playing them is that the first Saturday in December was viewed as a holiday for me. The winner had bragging rights for a year. Being in the southern part of the state and surrounded by UK fans winning or losing was a big deal. It's also a great measuring stick for our program. Going to those games were so much fun. I went to 4 in a row between Indy and Louisville and what a great time.  Win or lose never did we have any issues.  I drank several beers over the years with their devoted fans and most viewed IU as an equal.  That game IMO is much much more than just a game and if they need to play it on Mars to get it done I am all for it.i could write a short novel on why we need it but I will spare all of you. IU/ UK is basketball rivalry on a national stage 

8 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

The crazy thing is, as I last understood it, IU proposed a 4-year rotation with only one of those games on IU's campus and Cal was still too much of a pussy to restart the series.  So IU promptly beat them in the tournament instead.

Yes.

EagerGratefulCirriped-max-1mb.gif

22 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

My fascination with playing them is that the first Saturday in December was viewed as a holiday for me. The winner had bragging rights for a year. Being in the southern part of the state and surrounded by UK fans winning or losing was a big deal. It's also a great measuring stick for our program. Going to those games were so much fun. I went to 4 in a row between Indy and Louisville and what a great time.  Win or lose never did we have any issues.  I drank several beers over the years with their devoted fans and most viewed IU as an equal.  That game IMO is much much more than just a game and if they need to play it on Mars to get it done I am all for it.i could write a short novel on why we need it but I will spare all of you. IU/ UK is basketball rivalry on a national stage 

I guess growing up where I did I never felt UK as a real rival because I was never around any UK fans.  Also to me our biggest rivals are teams in this state and our conference and not an out of conference team that is not in the state of Indiana.  I enjoyed watching those games as well and to me it was better when it was on campus and not in a neutral site.  If they would agree with our deal of having both I am all for it but I don't think we need to bow down to them and concede our beliefs.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess growing up where I did I never felt UK as a real rival because I was never around any UK fans.  Also to me our biggest rivals are teams in this state and our conference and not an out of conference team that is not in the state of Indiana.

UK not a rivalry game?!?! Are you kidding?

Are you really an IU fan?

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Born and raised in Illinois but both sides of family were from Indiana. My grandparents though were originally from Kentucky. Needless to say with exception of Purdue the IU/Kentucky games were always the biggest of the year in our house. Joe B Hall/Sutton were Vader and I learned at an early stage in life that things South of the Ohio River were never on the up and up.

I truly hope they get the game back on at some point but I don't see that changing as long as Cal is down there. Why bother even hashing this out. He isn't changing who he is or what he thinks.

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yes since the early 70's and I don't think they are our biggest rivals because to me that goes to Purdue.  Don't get me wrong I hate UK and everything they stand for but to me growing up I did not consider them a huge rival.  I never thought the outcome of that game had any  meaning on the actual season like a conference game did.

Yes since the early 70's and I don't think they are our biggest rivals because to me that goes to Purdue.  Don't get me wrong I hate UK and everything they stand for but to me growing up I did not consider them a huge rival.  I never thought the outcome of that game had any  meaning on the actual season like a conference game did.

Did you see the Watford shot? A win against what other program would have evoked that kind of frenzy?

How about none of them...

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Born and raised in Illinois but both sides of family were from Indiana. My grandparents though were originally from Kentucky. Needless to say with exception of Purdue the IU/Kentucky games were always the biggest of the year in our house. Joe B Hall/Sutton were Vader and I learned at an early stage in life that things South of the Ohio River were never on the up and up.

I truly hope they get the game back on at some point but I don't see that changing as long as Cal is down there. Why bother even hashing this out. He isn't changing who he is or what he thinks.

Growing up  IU/UK was the biggest rivalry in the game. I hat PU but I LOATHE UK. 

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Did you see the Watford shot? A win against what other program would have evoked that kind of frenzy?

How about none of them...

I did not realize that I had think just like you and have the same biggest rival as you do.  Yes that shot was great and it showed we were back more than because it was UK.  I never said they were not a rival and I wanted to beat them every time but for me it wasn't the biggest game of the year.  For this topic I couldn't care less if we ever played them again because to me UK is all that is wrong with college basketball. 

Just now, 5fouls said:

A win on a neutral court would not have evoked that kind of frenzy either.

Not the same but when Todd Leary hit 3 three's in the closing minute of the game at UL that place was absolutely going crazy.  Any time any place that you can take down the Evil Empire I am all for it. 

I did not realize that I had think just like you and have the same biggest rival as you do.  Yes that shot was great and it showed we were back more than because it was UK.  I never said they were not a rival and I wanted to beat them every time but for me it wasn't the biggest game of the year.  For this topic I couldn't care less if we ever played them again because to me UK is all that is wrong with college basketball. 

I don't think anyone said you have to "think like me."

But to me it's like going outside on a bright sunny day and me saying, "the sky is blue."

And you saying, "no it's not."

There are truths in this world.

Just now, IUFLA said:

I don't think anyone said you have to "think like me."

But to me it's like going outside on a bright sunny day and me saying, "the sky is blue."

And you saying, "no it's not."

There are truths in this world.

Well for you UK is your biggest rival which is OK but I can say they are not my biggest rivals and both of us can be right.  This question does not have a right or wrong answer since this is your opinion and not a fact.  I mainly grew up around IU fans and some Purdue fans but did not know any UK fans where I lived in East Central Indiana.  I hated hearing the Purdue fans whine all the time about the lack of respect that they got from the media in Indianapolis and how they were always thinking about IU more than their own team.  To me some of our fans are starting to sound just like those Purdue fans worrying about UK and why we are not playing them.

Archived