PGA/General Golf

Seeking6

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think things will settle down but not a good look for sure. With a wife who is defense attorney I can't tell you the number of times I see body cam footage where very minor things get escalated very fast...but I'm also pro-police so unscramble that one. haha.

Lost in all of this is we have to remember a human lost their life this morning and that's the real shame.

Admittedly, the golfer involved influences the perception.  

Scottie Schefler - Mr. Vanilla

If it would have been John Daly, or someone known to be hot-tempered like John Rahm, it's not quite as shocking.

As far as the death of the pedestrian, I'm not intimitely familiar with the Valhalla entrance, but I do know that Shelbyville Road carries a LOT of traffic on a normal day.  

Have we heard whether the pedestrian was trying to cross the road to get into Valhalla?  Or, was it someone walking/jogging past the golf course for another reason?  Weather was horrible, so understandable that the shuttle driver may not have seen the pedestrian.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Admittedly, the golfer involved influences the perception.  

Scottie Schefler - Mr. Vanilla

If it would have been John Daly, or someone known to be hot-tempered like John Rahm, it's not quite as shocking.

As far as the death of the pedestrian, I'm not intimitely familiar with the Valhalla entrance, but I do know that Shelbyville Road carries a LOT of traffic on a normal day.  

Have we heard whether the pedestrian was trying to cross the road to get into Valhalla?  Or, was it someone walking/jogging past the golf course for another reason?  Weather was horrible, so understandable that the shuttle driver may not have seen the pedestrian.

I read the victim was a worker for one of the vendors?!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I read the victim was a worker for one of the vendors?!

Security guard apparently.  And, he was trying to cross the street.  Have to think poor visibility due to weather was a contributing factor.  

If people are going to need to cross the road for an event like this, there needs to be a pedestrian pedway over the road.  That road is too busy to cross on a normal day, let alone for a big event like this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Birdied his opening hole.  😁
Bogey on his second.  With the weather and being unable to follow his normal routine and the arrest…I think shooting par today would be good.  

He’s two under through nine holes.  Seems to be playing okay.

2 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

He’s two under through nine holes.  Seems to be playing okay.

Well, he’s played more than okay…5 under par with one hole to play.  Sitting two behind the leader, Morikawa.  Scheffler just doesn’t let anything bother him.  Question is what will Schauffele do today with a soft receptive course?

Edited by jv1972iu

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I thought the photos of Zalatoris and others walking to the entrance will show how chaotic and messed up the scene was.

Sounds like a misunderstanding that didn't need the escalation.

Now watch him shoot a 64.

Not quite…but impressively close…66.   SMH 😊

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Not quite…but impressively close…66.   SMH 😊

Dude is just really, really frickin good. Booking photo and 66 at a major has to be up there in the most random days of sports history.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Dude is just really, really frickin good. Booking photo and 66 at a major has to be up there in the most random days of sports history.

Scheffler is quoted as saying he watched himself on 'Get Up' while in his jail cell.  

The City of Louisville is going to lose the PR battle on this one in a big, big way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Scheffler is quoted as saying he watched himself on 'Get Up' while in his jail cell.  

The City of Louisville is going to lose the PR battle on this one in a big, big way.

Things happen and while in the middle of it things seem much larger. Hopefully for the Ville this will be old news by next week.

I think the owner of Valhalla driving Scottie to the course was a nice gesture. I wouldn't want to be one of the LPD guys involved...although I will say this. Rules are rules....but as I understand things the arresting officer wasn't aware of the lane for the players/media so it just escalated.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Things happen and while in the middle of it things seem much larger. Hopefully for the Ville this will be old news by next week.

I think the owner of Valhalla driving Scottie to the course was a nice gesture. I wouldn't want to be one of the LPD guys involved...although I will say this. Rules are rules....but as I understand things the arresting officer wasn't aware of the lane for the players/media so it just escalated.

And, if what you mentioned in the last paragraph is true, that the officer was not informed of the rule, that's on the LMPD. The officer that directed him to that lane was aware, so their was a communication breakdown among the police ranks. 

It wont be front page news next week, but it will be a factor when negotiating to bring future high profile events to the city.

Yes, it 'could' happen anywhere, but the fact is it didn't/hasn't.  It happened in Louisville and the economic backlash will ultimately be felt.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

And, if what you mentioned in the last paragraph is true, that the officer was not informed of the rule, that's on the LMPD. The officer that directed him to that lane was aware, so their was a communication breakdown among the police ranks. 

It wont be front page news next week, but it will be a factor when negotiating to bring future high profile events to the city.

Yes, it 'could' happen anywhere, but the fact is it didn't/hasn't.  It happened in Louisville and the economic backlash will ultimately be felt.

Oh for sure. I'm not saying Louisville won't take a hit or are taking one....they are for sure. I'm just not a cancel guy. Hoping cooler heads prevail and this goes away....I will say I doubt Valhalla is returned for an event anytime soon. I'm not that familiar with that area of town and don't know what the infrastructure is like for events but it sounded like amateur hour at best.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Not funny how in this case Scheffler is given the benefit of the doubt but Mgbako was vilified!

I'm not sure who did that to MM but I know I wasn't one.

On a PGA related note....Zalatoris just said he told his own parents to not come because of how poorly things were setup including traffic. Said it took him 2 hours to go 2 miles this morning including walking with Cam Young and Eckroat. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm not an expert, but this is pretty good, isn't it?

image.png.850a6ad3051d9533a18533c9e37180a2.png

This is as close to Tiger that I can remember. Of course given the landscape of golf is he doing it vs the best or not.....either way I don't care on that. What he's doing is unreal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

This is as close to Tiger that I can remember. Of course given the landscape of golf is he doing it vs the best or not.....either way I don't care on that. What he's doing is unreal. 

Tiger got himself in trouble with the police but he never ruined the $80 police officers pants.😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Of course given the landscape of golf is he doing it vs the best or not....

Rahm, Cam Smith, possibly Koepka.  Anyone else on the LIV roster you take at lower than 5-1 odds against Scheffler head to head?

Scheffler is doing Tiger level things right now.  Those other guys I listed are similar to Herschel Walker and Steve Young being in the USFL.  Great players, but doing it in the NFL meant more.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Rahm, Cam Smith, possibly Koepka.  Anyone else on the LIV roster you take at lower than 5-1 odds against Scheffler head to head?

Scheffler is doing Tiger level things right now.  Those other guys I listed are similar to Herschel Walker and Steve Young being in the USFL.  Great players, but doing it in the NFL meant more.

Yep and I fall on that side of things as well but of course given the division people will always say he's not doing it vs the best....and of course I counter yes he is. Check the majors. 

Either way Scheffler is playing unreal golf right now. Excited to see what this week brings.

• Like 1