PGA/General Golf

Seeking6

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Appreciate this insight very much. I'm not even a Rory guy but seeing someone miss that many putts (I think he's 112th this week...not sure why they track guys who missed cut) time after time someone or himself needs to step in at some point I would think.

I was born on putting because I wasn't long. Inside 7 feet I just made them so it always drives me crazy when these guys miss so many. I know it's different greens and all but geez. Thanks again for the insight.

Weakest part of his game. when he hits it close or dominates the par-5's he wins. He and Thomas are 2 guys I can't figure out. Rory grew up on those type of greens, no excuse. Brian Harmon with a 5 shot lead. I didnt have that on my bingo card. I havent watched one single shot so I cant speak on the open.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

That will win you a tournament.  

He's been flirting with danger most of the front side but been able to recover. Back is more difficult and all it takes is one bad break but Rahm or Rory are going to have to get to at least -9 soon to put pressure on him.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

He's been flirting with danger most of the front side but been able to recover. Back is more difficult and all it takes is one bad break but Rahm or Rory are going to have to get to at least -9 soon to put pressure on him.

Right on cue. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just enough weather to make it interesting.  Harman just needs pars.  Easier said than done.   😊

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't think Rory has it in him...but Rahm does.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

And one more!  He responds with confidence.  He's going to be very hard to catch, I'm thinking.

Rahm fades...Rory can't do anything... Straka??  Nope.  Meanwhile, Harman is now 13 under with three holes to play and leads by five.  He's been in one trap all week and leads in putting.  No surprise that he's going to win the Open.  None of the big names could do much, especially after Harman shot 65 on Friday.

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Rahm fades...Rory can't do anything... Straka??  Nope.  Meanwhile, Harman is now 13 under with three holes to play and leads by five.  He's been in one trap all week and leads in putting.  No surprise that he's going to win the Open.  None of the big names could do much, especially after Harman shot 65 on Friday.

One of the better putting weeks I've seen since Tiger's prime. Happy for Harman....minus the 9 waggles each time he addresses the ball. Haha. Drives me crazy.

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Wow that stat they just shared. Harman is 47-47 inside 10 feet this week. 

That is why he won by 6 plus only hitting it into 2 bunkers. Good to see big country on the bag. scotty's brother traded him to scott verplank one year for a six pack and Verplanks caddie. Best move of his life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

That is why he won by 6 plus only hitting it into 2 bunkers. Good to see big country on the bag. scotty's brother traded him to scott verplank one year for a six pack and Verplanks caddie. Best move of his life.

Shoot...I'm showing my just found out side. That's Bob Tway's brother.....or some other relative? Man that community of golfers/caddies you guys live in is pretty small I bet. Darn.

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Shoot...I'm showing my just found out side. That's Bob Tway's brother.....or some other relative? Man that community of golfers/caddies you guys live in is pretty small I bet. Darn.

Yes thats Bob Tway's brother Scott on Harmans bag.... Drank a lot of beer with that man. Biggest redneck you will find, thats why he's called big country, that and he is 6'6. Caddie is the only job in the world maybe where you can get fired and someone better will hire you within the hour...lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to Tiger Woods for being the New Commissioner of the PGA Tour... I guess if you can no long play you might as well run the place. If anyone really thought the tour didn't belong to the players, think again.

Just a thought on the panel coming up with penalties for any LIV player that might want to play a tour event( doesnt seem to be any ). Jason Gore. Love Jason, He was a great Am Golfer from Cali. Walker cup team with Tiger. One win on Tour I think.... I was in Palm Springs for some reason when Jason got his tour card and he was the first player I gave a hug to. Roomed with his caddie some. Lewis. Played many, many practice rounds with him. But..... He has no business judging guys that beat his head in every week on tour. He is friends with most I would think but not all. . Just an awful pick by the board.

Well it looks like the PGA Tour is going to be LIV Golf next season with all their top events 60 to 70 players with NO CUT!! LMAO. Tiger, Jack and Arnold's events however will have a cut. More and more coming out about why the tour wants the PIF money. Events are being valued at $5 million and the tour wants $20 million purses. Sponsor's were saying kick rocks, most of the better players were playing at LIV. So the 3 Billion they are getting from the PIF will keep the tour from going belly up. One writer saying LIV is here to stay and watch the floor gates open once more on tour players heading to LIV.

On 8/12/2023 at 5:04 PM, Seeking6 said:

Doing double duty this coming week. Cog Hill Tuesday and Wednesday and Olympia Fields on Thursday for first round of Fed Ex cup.

Really liking the resurgence of Glover. Amazing what happens when you make putts. 

Jealous of the Cog Hill part. Not so much about your Thursday. Good course that they will kill. They beat it up during the Open so I would think the top 50 would too.

Lucas is a great dude....just a big redneck. Might have the biggest, strongest hands on tour. I hope he wins the next 2 as well.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Jealous of the Cog Hill part. Not so much about your Thursday. Good course that they will kill. They beat it up during the Open so I would think the top 50 would too.

Lucas is a great dude....just a big redneck. Might have the biggest, strongest hands on tour. I hope he wins the next 2 as well.

Trying to figure out Thursday as I type. Do I stay another day up in Chicago for Olympia or do I race back down I65 for Bears/Colts Thirsty Thursday practice up close. Weather is not being cooperative because everything is scattered. No way to predict one or the other.

Looking forward to Cog more than other. Raise some $ and get a chance to play an old school tactical course that I swear beats me every single time. Just when I think I have the right landing area figured out I 3 putt.....

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Trying to figure out Thursday as I type. Do I stay another day up in Chicago for Olympia or do I race back down I65 for Bears/Colts Thirsty Thursday practice up close. Weather is not being cooperative because everything is scattered. No way to predict one or the other.

Looking forward to Cog more than other. Raise some $ and get a chance to play an old school tactical course that I swear beats me every single time. Just when I think I have the right landing area figured out I 3 putt.....

I caddie for cheap, still have my yardage books.

• Like 1

Here is how to not 3 putt....Hit it closer...🤣

• Like 1

You work, right?🤣🤣🤣

• 2 weeks later...